• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Moment of Silence

This is the first bottle that Ray has ever shipped that has been destroyed. I think those odds are still very good(1 in 200+ bottles)! It's a risk like quite a few things we do around here and I just happen to be on the losing end of the stick. I'm not happy about it but I will get over it! I will buy scotch from Ray again. I'm not the least bit worried about the money it's just the priciple of the the thing. No scotch that great should ever be lost to the miss handling of others!

stuff like this is what's most difficult to deal with...there just isn't anything you can do about the broken bottle except forget about it.

Sorry to hear about this guys.

That pictur reminds me of the time i had a new glass bar built with extra strong tempered glass four shelves deep. After putting all of my most expensive bottles on it i stood back and thought to myself(now that is really nice) Then i heard a loud CRACK as i watched the top shelf crash down taking out all the other shelves and bottles. As i watch all my bottles bleed to death. I remember like it was yesterday all i could say was M@*#%$##%^##R. I feel your pain

I just saw this and almost cried.

The box looked like it was drop kicked!
Our UPS driver kicked a clearly labeled box with a Dell computer out of the back of his truck to get our stuff out. I asked if he treated all boxes like that and he said it was insured so he didnt give a sh*t. I wanted to ask if his gold teeth were insured cause I was about to knock them out, but I managed to hold my temper.

As a person that spent some time with a shipper similar to big brown, I can say that I have seen some people take liberties with packages regardless of how they were marked. I have seen many people use packages as a ladder, rather than taking a pile apart to get the one they need. It truly is a shame.

You have my deepest sympathies.

Somehow, I just saw and read through this thread.
Jesus H. Christ.
I feel sick to my stomach...
I feel absolutely enraged...
I feel like going and hugging all my bottles...

So sorry this happened to you brother. ESPECIALLY with this. Damn shame, I mean, if it was gonna happen, it couldn't have been a blend. :sign:

So sorry for your loss. Those shipping bastids don't give a rats a$$ about the package. Sometime it seems more like how many boxes they can move than getting em there in one piece...

Hell that bottle was older than some of the guys posting on this site. LOL

I keep trying to forget about this bottle but it just keeps haunting me!

I just had a small glass of Oban to salute a fallen friend.

This is terrible news, even if its old news.

Fish

Wow, this is sad. I got screwed out of a couple of hundred for some fake Bolie's but your misfortune triples my loss. I saw the price in my local BM for this and I couldn't believe it. I'll bet the box smelled great. (sorry)

I did however buy the 12 year old 2 barrel version that I'm enjoying right now with my Connie so at least I got some good out of your post. :whistling: Really sorry for your misfortune though.

That made me cry....but then I walked over to my 1920's vintage bar and pulled out a glass and some Laphroaig Quarter Cask Strength to calm me down.

Sorry to see your loss!