• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Add some new bottles to the collection...

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Well..I decided to add 2 bottles to my Scotch collection yesterday. Nothing to fancy but the price was right.

DSCN0209.jpg

A little disappointed the Glenfiddich has a twist off cap but oh well.

That Dalmore 12 has a special spot in my heart, actually. The first big hike I went on with my hiking partner (and one of my best friends), we brought a bottle of it. I'm pretty sure we knocked it off over the weekend. Since then, we have moved towards more lightweight hiking, but we still manage to always bring a fair amount of scotch...and it is almost always the Dalmore 12...just cuz.

For the money, it is up there near the top, IMHO.

The Dalmore has already been tapped yesterday. It has a sweet taste to it. I cant identify what it is but either way, its a nice cheap bottle($$$) but very good. I agree....for the price of it. not a bad way to go. I usually have a $100+ bottle of Scotch every 2 years but the cigars is killing my budge so I got the 2 additional bottles to help the Balvenie 1991 Portwood bottle out.

Screw caps actually seal better then cork because it is a pressure seal. You'll see more of them as time goes on.

Mr Peat said:
[snapback]288345[/snapback]​

I just added The Dalmore Cigar Malt...The Glenlivet 12 year...Glenlivet 16 year French Oak Cask Aged and another bottle of Woodford Reserve (my favorite bourbon).

-Fetter

I'm working on it! Honest!.. :blush:

Several on my must have list, right now.. the Aberlour 15 had a Very High evaporation factor. This is unfortunatly a Good Sign, so it'll need replacing. (make a note, stay out of the Aberlour, it's very tasty)

First, that minor essential. :) Then the Aberlour (batch 16) Abunadh, cause it's a fluke and the only one of Batch 16 I've seen here.. We get about every 2nd or 3rd batch..

And Then, a Mac 18 cause *it* isn't terribly expensive at all, but.. RARE.. almost always unavailable, so i'm grabbing it.

And that sort of dims my purchasing lust considerably, as there's a few Other minor things i'm hunting.. Daniel Bouju Royal Brut De Fut Cognac.. ahh. Dang. I MUST get a bottle.

Thems the essentials. Luxury items will just have to wait. :p

Well, thanks to duty free shopping I just added a Cardhu 12yr and two bottles of HC7.

Could have had the Blue Label for $130 but I decided to hold off on that.

A wise choice, on the blue label.

I think if i had a taste of it, and a bottle to leave lying around, i'd have the whole experience.

I don't think very MANY people buy a second bottle of it. :whistling:

Well..I decided to add 2 bottles to my Scotch collection yesterday. Nothing to fancy but the price was right.

DSCN0209.jpg

I recently got a bottle of the Glenfiddich as well. It was good, kind of reminded me of The Glenlivet 12 year.

Glenfiddich 12 was the first 'Real Whisky' I ever drank, sometime before I was legally supposed to ..

and by 'real' I mean store whiskey that you could drink neat..

I thought good moon was better'n store whisky cause compared to standard back pocket booze, it WAS.

Lots.

So, I was somewhat shocked to find out you could BUY good booze.. legal and all..

I had a big swig out of the bottle, and it'd been sitting in the sun, on the window ledge.. and it tasted FINE..

I was Very Impressed.

And ruined for bourbon drinking..

Added a Deanston 17 to the collection today.

I'll mention that there's 3 bottles of Macallan 18 available here.. @ 98$ otd. (that includes local tax) ..

I know it's findable most places, but more expensive, and NOT findable in a few..

These 3 are available, but i can't get em till Tuesday, May 30. I'll ship em at cost, with mailing confirmation, if anyone is grabbing Mac 18 ..

Damn it! I added a Glenlivet 21 and a Bowmore 21 yesterday. I was gifted an Oban and a Highland Park 12 yesterday as well! Our office at the shop is starting to look like a walk in liquor cabinet! I bought myself a Riedel Sommeier Whisky Glass! It's like crack, liquid crack! I think crack would be cheaper! Anyone know where to get a good locking liquor cabinet? Ray, Mitch, anyone?

Drink it, man, drink it!

I recommend a fireproof and childproof container for all unsecured collectables..

and a gun safe is a good start. Might need shelves in it, and it's not office furniture MOST places..

but less is a bluff, and pointless. A cleaning lady with a bobby pin can get in just about any ordinary lock.. and if she can't, her kid sisters boyfriend and a Makita can disassemble a cabinet in 5 minutes..

so, if you want security, buy security. If you want showoff for your collection, put it in a glass front cabinet and insure the heck out of it.

But it ain't Really safe.

As I continue my downward spin the collection keeps on growing! I got a bottle of Macallan 18 and A Signatory Vintage Caol Ila that was distilled in 1976 and bottled in 1995! Where will it all end?

Bourbon or sherry cask for the Caol Ila? I've always liked their scotch and the OB's are fairly reasonable in price too. I have the 18 yo in the house at the moment.

I will check when I get to work but I'm pretty sure it's the Bourbon Cask!