• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

Got to get out yesterday. Got it to 3 deep, and then my legs gave out. Ended up shooting 74. Got a ton of work to do this spring.

Wow, a little disappointed with a 74 first time out? That is impressive. I'm just hoping to stay consistently in the 80's this year!

No, not disappointed. Just ran out of gas. I was bogey free through 13. Only couldn't finish the job. That is frustrating.

Played my first round of 18 last week in Scottsdale. Shot an honest 110. That is a good number for me to start this season with. Hope to get a few sub 100's!

You want to break 100 put in time around the practice green.  You will make up more shots from 100 yards and in than you can realize.  JMO, and YRMV.

ilikefishes said:
You want to break 100 put in time around the practice green.  You will make up more shots from 100 yards and in than you can realize.  JMO, and YRMV.

Couldn't agree more!

Wish there was a good place to practice pitching at my course.

4 birdies and a victory in my inter-club match yesterday. Wind was howling 20-25. Hit it pretty solid. I just picked up the new
Taylor Made R1, It's awesome! I love the fact I can dial in 5 different loft options. For the wind yesterday, I dialed it down to 8* from 9.5 and it made a huge difference!

Traditional St. Patrick's week snow storms. Used the snow blower to clear the driveway yesterday and today. Golf still isn't in the foreseeable future.

Damn.

I don't know how you guys in the North do it. We play 365 in Houston, granted its HOT in the summer, I couldn't imagine putting the sticks away for 3-4 months.

Anyone plan on coming to Augusta for the Masters? I don't play, but around here it is Mandatory to be a fan during Masters week, otherwise they make you move out LOL

RedPhoenix said:
Anyone plan on coming to Augusta for the Masters? I don't play, but around here it is Mandatory to be a fan during Masters week, otherwise they make you move out LOL

My parents went to The Masters a few years ago, said it was the best vacation they ever had.  They were only there for the practice rounds though; they said when Thursday hit Augusta was a totally different place.

It is a totally different place the whole week. Most folks take their family vaca that week to avoid the crowds. I have lived here over 30 years and know how to get around and avoid the traffic. It is fun tho to go to Washington Rd. looking for celebs and golfers that week, but don't expect less than an hour wait for dinner.

Birdied 18 last Saturday...that means I have to play again, don't ya know!

:D

I believe we'll be heading to RI again this weekend. It should be about 4 degrees warmer than last....maybe!

redraider said:
I don't know how you guys in the North do it. We play 365 in Houston, granted its HOT in the summer, I couldn't imagine putting the sticks away for 3-4 months.

More like 5-6 months where I live.  But we make the most out the the 6-7 months that are playable!

redraider said:
I ski.

redraider said:
I go to the desert to play. We can play here on the front range throughout most winters. Which was not the case when I was a kid.

engspot said:

More like 5-6 months where I live.  But we make the most out the the 6-7 months that are playable!

That's why they invented bowling and football. Time fillers between golf seasons.

The joys of living in Southern California you can play golf all year long!:D