• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

2K6TBSS said:

Tomorrow will be four days in a row of playing! :)

Mini golf doesn't count...

Day 5 tomorrow!

Must be nice.  :blush:

I will be playing tomorrow also.

Broke 90 for the first time this year finally. Swear it's like starting from scratch every year after the winter.

Playing on Monday after the SHO in our member guest. They kicked us out of our club the last 2 weeks! Can't wait to play the course after the Sunday PGA set up though. It's our best member tournament of the year. They leave the pins and the tee boxes intact. The golf course is really amazing right now, it's on TV all this week!

Very cool about the SHO tourney!!

I had 18 planned today, but had to leave after 12 to get my niece....only to find out when I got home to get ready, her mother went to get her. Ugh.
I was 7 over after 11...with no birdies. Not bad for the first day the home course is open!

Plan on playing tomorrow and Sunday!

grateful1 said:
Very cool about the SHO tourney!!

I had 18 planned today, but had to leave after 12 to get my niece....only to find out when I got home to get ready, her mother went to get her. Ugh.
I was 7 over after 11...with no birdies. Not bad for the first day the home course is open!

Plan on playing tomorrow and Sunday!
If you ever make it to Houston, the golf is on me. Would love to have you out!

This is a terrible pic of Phil. We sat on #3 all day, and the Marshall's where a bit grouchy about cell phones so close to the ropes.
0e5a26d066f9dd0508f635b8257226ed_zps095c0af7.jpg

Played today as well. Shot a 76 with some bogies and a double. Couldn't make a Birdie put drop. There wee a couple penalty shots in there a well. Gonna try and play with the boy this weekend if it status nice.
I might add I got a new driver and 3w yesterday. Ping Anser 8.5 with a whiteboard shaft and the 3w to match.

Hopefully I'll get out today.  I'll be going after class, first come first serve, so I'll be sure to bring a couple stogies to keep me occupied.

Unfortunately it will be next Saturday before i can pick up the sticks again....that'll make it 2 weeks without playing  :(

Should be playing today.  It looks like the weather is going to hold.

kona1000 said:
10 foursomes waiting to go off at noon- I passed
I don't blame you. I hate how courses are packing them full just to maximize profits.

I've seen fivesomes at times at my local course!! My buddies and I have talked to management but they don't give a hoot.
They just pack them in!!!

Shot a 105 yesterday at Old Trail. Def not in golf shape. Really need to work in my wedges and woods

jvel79 said:
I've seen fivesomes at times at my local course!! My buddies and I have talked to management but they don't give a hoot.

The club that I usually play at allows fivesomes, but they must be approved my management first.  If the pro thinks the group will hold up the pace of play, they are declined and must split up.  I play in a fivesome quite often at the course, and we very rarely hold anyone up. There have been times that we have been waiting on the group in front of us, and we were a fivesome.

ETA - Played Saturday and it was terrible.  Shot 90, couldn't get comfortable over the ball, and couldn't get my swing going.  Just a really frustrating day on the course.

2K6TBSS said:

The club that I usually play at allows fivesomes, but they must be approved my management first.  If the pro thinks the group will hold up the pace of play, they are declined and must split up.  I play in a fivesome quite often at the course, and we very rarely hold anyone up. There have been times that we have been waiting on the group in front of us, and we were a fivesome.

ETA - Played Saturday and it was terrible.  Shot 90, couldn't get comfortable over the ball, and couldn't get my swing going.  Just a really frustrating day on the course.

That's great you can play at a quick pace. I played with fivesomes in front of me I think it was seriously a 6 hour round! I wish our pros or marshals were that pro active in managing the course to keep things moving.

jvel79 said:

That's great you can play at a quick pace. I played with fivesomes in front of me I think it was seriously a 6 hour round! I wish our pros or marshals were that pro active in managing the course to keep things moving.

At our club if you are over like a 14 index, they don't want you to play as a five.  Most of the time my fivesome are all sub 12 index players, and we play "ready golf" to keep things moving (unless a birdie or better is in play, then they get honors on the tee box). I think we have one person in our "normal" fivesome that is a 14 index.  We shoot for a 4-1/2 hour round, and usually finish in 4-1/2 to 4-3/4.

ETA - The club didn't always have that rule though, it wans't until the members started complaining about fivesomes of 15 and higher index players all going out at one time.  Then the pace of play was like a 5-1/2 hour round.  It would be like 3 or 4 groups of 5 going out back to back all with 15+ index, there were even a few fivesomes that were like 24+ index players.  Those really sucked, you would get the 24+ index player holding everyone up so he could line up his 5th putt to get a 12 on the hole.