• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anthony, you were right . . .

dulaney22

Banned
and I should have listened to you and the others on the board who I thought were just being asses. I owe you and hereby extend my apologies for anything that I have questioned you about or any rude or otherwise inappropriate remarks that I have made. I made the mistake of taking a defensive position and refusing to listen to those with more experience. For that, I am truly sorry and hope that you are able to accept that.

Those of you who are new and want to question, go look over the recent threads and see the error of your ways.

Lee

Those of you who are new and want to question, go look over the recent threads and see the error of your ways.

Lee

I think he means this and this (and this)

Anyway, not addressing you, dulaney22, because I don't think I've had many interactions with you. But there are definitely a some people who are more interested in arguing or not listening than they are in learning.

It's unfortunate. We're all always learning.

Lee

I think he means this and this.

Anyway, not addressing you, dulaney22, because I don't think I've had many interactions with you. But there are definitely a some people who are more interested in arguing or not listening than they are in learning.

What's even more disheartening than that is those that are so nonchalantly but completely dismissive of the opinions and experiences of others in matters like these until all of the facts are brought to light. It's quickly becoming evident that many who present themselves as having an acumen in these matters clearly do not. This also might serve as a lesson to be careful who you deal with and on what level. Buying and selling regular production sticks and some limited release stuff is one thing but, for EL cc's and all these OR's to be popping up everywhere lately should be sending up red flags!

There have been times recently when I question what it is that keeps drawing me to the community. Classy moves like this are reminders that there a lot of good people here.

It's one thing to argue your point if you're doing it for the good of the community. It's completely different if you're doing it just to be noticed.

Lee - :thumbs:

Cigars are a great hobby, and an enjoyable pastime to enjoy. I think that sometimes people get too caught up in cigars as a status symbol that they sometimes do less than rational things when "chasing" them.

There's nothing wrong with seeking out a rare cigar to enjoy, if it gives you pleasure to do so. But there's no reason to attempt to bolster your status by what cigars you have or can obtain.

I've seen it time and time again... people chase the next holy grail cigar (I've done it myself, too). Or they decide to very publicly "sell off their NC cigars" or other nonsensical things for the attention and status they feel it infers.

This will be short lived. The reality is that cigars are just something to help you relax with friends, or introspectively reflect as you enjoy them.

Cigars are a great hobby, and an enjoyable pastime to enjoy. I think that sometimes people get too caught up in cigars as a status symbol that they sometimes do less than rational things when "chasing" them.

There's nothing wrong with seeking out a rare cigar to enjoy, if it gives you pleasure to do so. But there's no reason to attempt to bolster your status by what cigars you have or can obtain.

I've seen it time and time again... people chase the next holy grail cigar (I've done it myself, too). Or they decide to very publicly "sell off their NC cigars" or other nonsensical things for the attention and status they feel it infers.

This will be short lived. The reality is that cigars are just something to help you relax with friends, or introspectively reflect as you enjoy them.

Very well stated!

What's even more disheartening than that is those that are so nonchalantly but completely dismissive of the opinions and experiences of others in matters like these until all of the facts are brought to light. It's quickly becoming evident that many who present themselves as having an acumen in these matters clearly do not. This also might serve as a lesson to be careful who you deal with and on what level. Buying and selling regular production sticks and some limited release stuff is one thing but, for EL cc's and all these OR's to be popping up everywhere lately should be sending up red flags!
X2

x100

Cigars are a great hobby, and an enjoyable pastime to enjoy.

The reality is that cigars are just something to help you relax with friends, or introspectively reflect as you enjoy them.[/size]

True, TOO TRUE ;)

Lee

I think he means this and this.

This is a great post. I know there have been a number of threads recently where this sentiment has been raised, and sadly, seemingly ignored. Myself and some other members had private discussions about the sudden glut of HTFs and "rare" cigars popping up with the majority of buyers being newer members. People get into this hobby and pretty soon they start going after the HTFs and expensive cigars that everyone say are "classics" or are hyped beyond belief. Sometimes they get burnt with fakes or get overextended on buying and run into financial troubles.

It can take a long time and include some rough bumps in the road to get experience with this hobby and arrive at a point where you feel comfortable purchasing HTFs or expensive cigars. I had my share of experiences and fakes, so I know the temptation. But, Andrew is right, this hobby shouldn't be about who has what or how much of X cigar they have. Sadly though, much of the hobby, at least on the internet, is about who has what and "look at me posts." Again, I've fallen into this trap as have others, but the focus should be on taking your time and working your way through all different kinds of cigars, rather than immediately seeking the most expensive or rarest cigars.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to sell off all my remaining NCs.....

Now I see why this apology was made. I cautioned Spivy about all this wheeling and dealing. In the process a few of you thought light of me and my warnings.

My concern for all involved was so that this very thing didn't happen. I'm sure we are talking some big money here. My hope is that you all recover what you are out.

Thank you!

Now let's move on.

Yeah, let's move on and talk about those Mets....hehe

I went to Citi Field and watched Johan and Frankie beat the Cards. Then went to Phillie on Friday and watched Livan get his but kicked, with an assist from Evans in the first inning.

I'm hating it bro...I understand all the injuries, but no one is stepping up...our pitching is worse than last year. Such is life as a Mets fan.

and I should have listened to you and the others on the board who I thought were just being asses. I owe you and hereby extend my apologies for anything that I have questioned you about or any rude or otherwise inappropriate remarks that I have made. I made the mistake of taking a defensive position and refusing to listen to those with more experience. For that, I am truly sorry and hope that you are able to accept that.

Lee

Really??? And yet, strangely, less than 8 hours later in another thread you post this about CigarSnobs?

I'm not dragging anyone in. If I did, the majority of the board would be brought in, as I see most all of you guys on every cigar board around. I don't mean anything derogative in referencing chat, just using it as an example. As a matter of fact, Jake has a voice chat channel to talk on and several do.

My point is that just because a few of us (not everyone there is even from CP) talk on another board (which, as I understand it, is connected to his blog) does not mean anything. I could just as easily referenced CigarSnobs, since some members here go there and badmouth Rod and CP. I do believe Anthony at least had enough integrity to go over and make a statement.

It's sometimes best, when in a mine field, to quit walking and develop an effective exit strategy. ;)

Lee

Really??? And yet, strangely, less than 8 hours later in another thread you post this about CigarSnobs?

I'm not dragging anyone in. If I did, the majority of the board would be brought in, as I see most all of you guys on every cigar board around. I don't mean anything derogative in referencing chat, just using it as an example. As a matter of fact, Jake has a voice chat channel to talk on and several do.

My point is that just because a few of us (not everyone there is even from CP) talk on another board (which, as I understand it, is connected to his blog) does not mean anything. I could just as easily referenced CigarSnobs, since some members here go there and badmouth Rod and CP. I do believe Anthony at least had enough integrity to go over and make a statement.

It's sometimes best, when in a mine field, to quit walking and develop an effective exit strategy. ;)

George, you forgot to highlight one part, so I'm doing it for you. Remember, he's not "dragging anyone in" with his references. :rolleyes: