• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any new music suggestions?

Eyes set to kill

Post-hardcore/Emo, started by 2 sisters out of AZ.

T

Lately I have been listening to the Indie Rock/Folk bands like "Mumford and Sons" as originally stated earlier,
as well as "Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros". Today, I heard the song called 'Little Talks' from the band
"Of Monster and Men". I thought it was pretty good and sounded like a combination of the other two bands so I
downloaded the 4 song EP from iTunes.

Anyone hear of these guys before ? Thoughts ?

The entire Black Keys library has been on shuffle/repeat for the past several months at home and in the car.

The Black Keys are awesome! Love them. They have that "old-school, garage" feel...

I just know Little Talks, but like it a lot. They are playing Jillian's in April. Even though I have incredibly diverse musical tastes, my commute channel is WEQX so I hear those indie bands a lot.

I just know Little Talks, but like it a lot. They are playing Jillian's in April. Even though I have incredibly diverse musical tastes, my commute channel is WEQX so I hear those indie bands a lot.
'
Thats awesome... If I can get the time, Im going to go and check it out. I love hitting that place up for a show every now and again. I actually did Jillian's recent restoration job on their whole outside facade a couple years ago with 2 other guys. Good times... Here are a couple pics I dug up. Im on the left...
gallery_13416_1483_3173.jpg
gallery_13416_1483_7053.jpg

I've been on a Hymie's Basement kick as of late. They only have one album and it's old. I don't even know how many times I've listened to it in the last few weeks.

I'm resurrecting this because I've just recently gotten into Mumford and Sons. Not really sure what took me so long, but this is some great music. Currently trying to YouTube their set from PinkPop this year, but my internet is slooooooooow.

Just because this topic came back up....pretty unrelated to Mumford, but I'm really digging this group called Alt-J right now. Another indie find thanks to WEQX.

We listen to J-pop on pandora. And a lot of Gaelic Storm.

Been on a post hardcore kick lately Asking Alexandria, Of Mice & Men, Bring Me the Horizon. With a little mix 90's hip hop.

For some reason I am into Imagine Dragons right now....

Warming up the tubes as I write. First up is Sandy Denney's new limited edition "Notes and the Words." Bought it at the pre-release price of $63.05. It's now selling for over $76. You got to be a fan to spend that kind of money, but these demos and out-takes are very well recorded.

Doc

For a change of pace: Stochelo Rosenberg, Emily Remler. (Good selections on MOG)

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Ginger Wildheart and Tilts. The Blacklist Saints have made a few appearances, as well.

Raising this thread from the darkness, but I just started listening to Gary Clark Jr.  Amazing.

4f03821635906ce10ed17391c26678e129914d37.jpg

I picked this up the other day. Not only can she play; she's a babe.

Doc

"Blurred Lines" unrated video by Robin Thicke. Very NSFW.

I think there was music playing in the video but I'm not sure.

The brunette looks a lot like Anne Hathaway in the face. Works for me.