• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ATTN ALL MEMBERS - PLEASE READ (RE: CIGARSTONE)

Another unsolicited thought:

If this person whom both you and Rod are 98% did this is an otherwise upstanding member of CP with a stellar reputation who has been here awhile, it would be easier for people to chalk this up to someone making a bad decision who is rightly afraid of the backlash he would get if he came forward. I think, in this case, the fear of this person screwing people over in trades, passes, etc. is minimal.

Alternatively, if this person is a newer member with not much of reputation, I think the above mentioned fear of this person having a loose moral fiber is more pertinent.

I agree that a PM or email (or phone call) to the "suspect" would be a good idea. Also, has this person been on recently?

I've only put my $0.02 in on the topic a couple of times. Didn't want to get involved with calling for somebody's head on a platter. Still don't, but this situation has taken on a life of its own.

Anybody familiar with the old Twighlight Zone episode called 'The Monsters Are On Elm Street'? It dealt with peoples paranoia and mob mentality tearing apart a typical friendly suburban neighborhood. While I don't see this coming to physical violence, I see similarities with this situation. Unless the culprit is identified, this community could degenerate into suspicion and eventual finger pointing. I'm afraid the suspicion may already be happening. I've only been a member a short time, but I've come to feel of CP as a kind of second home. I don't want to see it torn apart.

As many of you have, I had hoped the person would have come forward. Jeff would have had closure, and we could have gone on with what this community is all about - fellowship and friendship built on trust and mutual interests. That hasn't been the case. As much as I hate to say it, at this point we need to know who did it.

This community will not degenerate one bit because of this guy. CP is still the safest cigar forum out there due to how we operate, and the fact that members ARE ALLOWED to watch out for each other. Other sites tend to take on the stance "buyer beware".

We are still not 100% certain that Jeff's account was compromised by a CP member, though we both have one person in mind. In no way would I ever out someone on a hunch, however I will keep a very close eye on this person.

If this person whom both you and Rod are 98% did this is an otherwise upstanding member of CP with a stellar reputation who has been here awhile, it would be easier for people to chalk this up to someone making a bad decision who is rightly afraid of the backlash he would get if he came forward.
I would hope that an "otherwise upstanding member of CP with a stellar reputation" would've come forward by now.

If this person whom both you and Rod are 98% did this is an otherwise upstanding member of CP with a stellar reputation who has been here awhile, it would be easier for people to chalk this up to someone making a bad decision who is rightly afraid of the backlash he would get if he came forward.
I would hope that an "otherwise upstanding member of CP with a stellar reputation" would've come forward by now.

Me too. :(

We are still not 100% certain that Jeff's account was compromised by a CP member, though we both have one person in mind. In no way would I ever out someone on a hunch, however I will keep a very close eye on this person.

...and that should be enough for all of us to move on, no?

Again, is there a reason neither or you two have tried to contact the individual privately?

Perhaps you are completely wrong about who you think it is, and upon contacting them you might realize it. Or perhaps you are right, and upon contacting them they will finally fess up. Just as it's not fair to out someone when you're not 100%, I would be pissed if, for instance, you were 98% sure it was me yet you were completely wrong and no one thought to simply ask me if I did it.

I would be pissed if, for instance, you were 98% sure it was me yet you were completely wrong and no one thought to simply ask me if I did it.

He makes a very good point...

???

Probably won't get a straight answer, but at least if they're way off base someone will know. And if they're dead on then the culprit will be reminded that we're watching them.

Just as it's not fair to out someone when you're not 100%, I would be pissed if, for instance, you were 98% sure it was me yet you were completely wrong and no one thought to simply ask me if I did it.

Did you do it? ??? :sign:

I did not have sexual relations with that woman... or hack anyone's account.

In the words of Mark McGuire, "I'm not going to go into the past or talk about my past. I'm here to make a positive influence on this.”

but i didnt do it.