• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ATTN ALL MEMBERS - PLEASE READ (RE: CIGARSTONE)

tn_gallery_7469_583_4550.jpg

"There's a plane waiting for us to take us to Miami in an hour, all right?
Don't make a big thing about it.
I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart"​

pretty sure Rod can narrow it down to a certain city that the culprit lives in.

pretty sure Rod can narrow it down to a certain city that the culprit lives in.

If you have an IP, you narrow down further than right with the right amount of effort.

2% error is enough for said person not to be called out IMO.

Sorry Jeff,

You cannot get away from these punks can you. They are F'n everywhere. Makes it even worse that they did something like this while hiding behind a computer screen. Not even man enough to step forward

:angry:

tn_gallery_7469_583_4550.jpg

"There's a plane waiting for us to take us to Miami in an hour, all right?
Don't make a big thing about it.
I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart"​

Last week in a hotel somewhere north of Omaha I flipped on the TV, and they were running an Al Pacino marathon, and were just at the end of Godfather 1, with 2 and 3 to follow! So much for stopping for the night to rest!

I'll betcha dollars to donuts it was someone under 50. Like I always say, don't trust no one under 50.

Doc.

AMEN!! LOL!!!

It's very sad because we don't know who the criminal is, and all of us newer folks will be looked at long and hard.

It takes so much effort to earn trust and it can be lost so easily.

I hope that whoever did this will summon up the testicular fortitude to confess...before they leave.

Rod I cant believe someone would think this was a funny joke.
PM who you think this person was, I am taking this further on my end.
If it is one of my customers, they are going to be banned from buying from me and taking advantage of my deals and specials.

I am in the IT world. I have access to a super tech guy.
Rod you need help let me know

First.....I am confident that this was a CP friend who excercised bad judgment and then upon realizing the impact was too much of a coward to come forward. Had they come to me right away and admitted it I would have said "WTF were you thinking" and been done with it.

Second......I really appreciate Rod's help in this matter and how he handled it, placing the priorities where they needed to be.

I have witnessed flameouts which, when followed by a humble apology, were forgiven and forgotten.....because we are a fraternity of sorts. The people here want an asshat to learn the ways of CP and while they sometimes beat them senseless when they are too stupid to "get it", they are genuinely appreciative of a humble apology and able to move on.

Rod and I are both 98% certain of who did this but knowing how I value CP I can't point the finger and possibly ruin someones CP brotherhood without being 100% certain.

To the culprit/coward........when you interact in any way with CP brothers and sisters you will know you have violated all of them by not being man enough to step up. The joke was stupid and crossed a line but would have been forgotten long before you will be able to erase the memory of your cowardice.

Newbee here. Old Willie Nelson saying-- " You Can't hang a man for shooting a women tryin to steal your horse"-- To put it in perspective we should shoot the culprit plead innoncent and smoke a cigar at the wake-- Good riddance.

The joke was stupid and crossed a line but would have been forgotten long before you will be able to erase the memory of your cowardice.

Amen! Jeff, I am sorry you had to go through this. I had my identity stolen once and you never feel safe again. I really wish the perp would have come forward so we could have gotten this behind us.

Personally I think not locking this when it was posted was a mistake. Letting the lynch-mob have enough time and giving them a place to gather and rant almost completely insured the person who did this wouldn't out themselves.

If you are sure that you are going to be hung if you turn yourself in... well then you don't turn yourself in, and hope to get away with it.

Not that I don't agree that the person should be hung, but if we had waited until they had admitted to it, before grabbing the rope, it may have worked. Now its too late.

I still suggest that whoever did this, at the very least, apologize to Cigar Stone in a PM.

*edit* And let me add to that person that IMHO you are a ball-less wonder for not having done so before now.

Normally I stay far far away from any kind of stuff like this. However, in this case the more that I read this thread and think about it, the more it bothers me. People are responsible for their own actions, the decisions they make, and dealing with it after the fact. Everyone screws up, everyone makes mistakes and nothing will ever change that. In life, its how we deal with these mistakes that makes us who we are. I also know that no one is perfect. In my case, I can think of 2 or 3 times during my time here that I have screwed up, done something really stupid, and had to apologize for it. First time it happened I was a bit reluctant to come forward. Either due to my hard headedness, or simply worried about getting bashed afterwards. Somehow I got the courage up to just get it over with.

After the fact, I realized just how accepting and supportive this community is. People respect that fact that you make your mistake, and then take your lashes for it. Its too bad that people in everyday life are not held more responsible for their actions like they would be in this community. The world would be a much better place.

My advice to whoever did this, is to just come forward and man up to it and get it over with. There are a lot of respected members of this community that are looking for this to happen. To many, its not just your actions and reputation on the line, but the integrity of the community. Just knowing that someone screwed up real bad and is still among us without resolve is not a good thing.

Jeff,

Sorry this happened to you. I also want to commend you on how you have/are handling this.

The sad part here, is that there is mistrust among the CP community. I feel that this person was a trusted member that let this go to far and will probably never own up to his mistake.

Ken

I really appreciate all the kind words but I'm not a saint ;) I simply don't think I have any choice, and I think everyone here would have to come to the same conclusion if they were in my place.

If I outed the guy, threatened to boil his rabbits, or took revenge without being 100% certain then I would be an asshat. I know how much I value the people I have met at CP and what CP means to me and if I were falsely accused of this act, and it lead to my being ostracized from CP I would be fit to be tied.

The good thing, as I have gone through all the what ifs, is that while there are some here who would immediately give the guy his lashes and write him off forever, I believe there is a majority of members who would, in time, allow the guy to earn some respect back.......that says a lot for CP :thumbs:

I don't think the "big picture" of brotherhood and camaraderie here is an accident either. Whether by design, or by simply managing the ever growing monster, Rod has kept this place as a safe haven for the way we all interact and this issue showed me, first hand, how well he does it.

Hey Jeff, have you tried contacting him offline or through PM just to say, what's the deal?

If you are 98% sure, then you could probably handle it through PM and not risk outting an individual that may not actually be involved (hence the 2%).

Just curious if you've gone that route yet.

I think you should shoot him a PM!! If he doesn't respond then I would think you have your guy!! I think it is only fair to give him a chance to prove himself, I mean you are 98% sure you know who did this! We as a community need to know also, the lack of trust will only tear this board apart.

Hey Jeff, have you tried contacting him offline or through PM just to say, what's the deal?

If you are 98% sure, then you could probably handle it through PM and not risk outting an individual that may not actually be involved (hence the 2%).

My thoughts exactly.

:cool:

I really appreciate all the kind words but I'm not a saint ;) I simply don't think I have any choice, and I think everyone here would have to come to the same conclusion if they were in my place.

If I outed the guy, threatened to boil his rabbits, or took revenge without being 100% certain then I would be an asshat. I know how much I value the people I have met at CP and what CP means to me and if I were falsely accused of this act, and it lead to my being ostracized from CP I would be fit to be tied.

The good thing, as I have gone through all the what ifs, is that while there are some here who would immediately give the guy his lashes and write him off forever, I believe there is a majority of members who would, in time, allow the guy to earn some respect back.......that says a lot for CP :thumbs:

I don't think the "big picture" of brotherhood and camaraderie here is an accident either. Whether by design, or by simply managing the ever growing monster, Rod has kept this place as a safe haven for the way we all interact and this issue showed me, first hand, how well he does it.

A TRUE redneck would sneak in and take a dump in his Lazy Boy! :sign:

X3.

Personally, I'd get him on the phone and ask him, straight up, if he was the guy.

The concern about not outing the guy is valid, but there is a greater issue to think about. This guy will undoubtedly go on and participate in passes, buys, sales, spits, etc. If he is comfortable with an act of moral turpitude such as this one, I wonder if this is only the beginning of larger issues. Tough call; I don't have the answer....which is why I'd confront him over the phone and let it be known that I was on to him.

My $00.02 - B.B.S.