• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ATTN ALL MEMBERS - PLEASE READ (RE: CIGARSTONE)

Out him. Let the community decide if the perpetrator has any socially redeeming value.

Doc.

Out him. Let the community decide if the perpetrator has any socially redeeming value.

Doc.

I agree.

At first I was thinking it had to be a close friend making a joke, but obviosly it wasnt. Hacking accounts should out the person and most likely ban them. It is Rods board though and should be his call.

First off, CP is not my board, it's our board. I'm closing this thread temporarily, and will post an update tomorrow.

I advise you come forward. This is not going away.

It's been several days now, and the culprit still hasn't come forward. Let me make it very clear... If anyone were to ever log into someone else's account and change their profile, post as that user, etc, I would immediately ban that person without thinking twice about it. I would also make it well known to the cigar community who this person is and what they have done.

The person who logged into Jeff's account is unknown. I had an idea as to who it might have been, though I am unable to provide any solid evidence (just a hunch).

Whoever this person is, I'm sure you're reading this... You are a true coward. To perpetrate such an immature and lame "prank" really shows what a lowlife piece of scum you really are. Sad that you don't have the balls to come forward. If I ever find out who the culprit is, I assure you they will be banned and I will make their identity very well known to the entire cigar community, not just CigarPass. Because of your prank, you caused Jeff a major headache. He had to call all of his credit company's to make sure his financial information was safe. He immediately changed all of his passwords, and so on. He thought someone had access to all of his passwords/accounts. Being a coward and not fessing up has caused Jeff to incur quite a bit of un-needed stress. How would you feel if you were the victim?

To the rest of CP - It's sad we have such an immature coward among us. If any of you know who this person is, I would appreciate the tip. Your identity will remain strictly confidential.

In the long run, I'm sure the culprit will be identified...

Rod thanks for the update. Sorry he chose not to be honest about this, now trust is lost.

I'm no fan of witch hunts, I've seen them before and want no part of it. If you can't be 100% sure then your doing the right thing here Rod.

Thanks for the update.

To the other person..

Fuck you and leave.

(Feel free to edit my language if you feel it is inappropriate Rod but my opinion is what it is.)

Thanks for the update Rod.

These actions, and lack thereof, are truly the mark of an utter and total coward; someone who possesses absolutely no sense, nor ever will, of honor, integrity, virtue, respect and accountability for one's actions.

Rod,

You stated you dont have solid evidence but what gave you a hunch? In your first post, you said you were 98% sure who it was. Has that changed because you eliminated that possibility? I know that Jeff mentioned earlier that it could have been from a public computer but that was eliminated.

Im not sure, am I asking too much?

In any event, it is still a sad situation. :(

Rod,

You stated you dont have solid evidence but what gave you a hunch? In your first post, you said you were 98% sure who it was. Has that changed because you eliminated that possibility? I know that Jeff mentioned earlier that it could have been from a public computer but that was eliminated.

Im not sure, am I asking too much?

In any event, it is still a sad situation. :(

I'll PM you, I'm not discussing this publicly.

I think most of you get the idea as to what I was trying to do...

Thanks for the update on this Rod. It is a sad individual who cannot come forward and admit what took place was wrong!

Thanks Rod for the update. It's a sad situation, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND...

I'll betcha dollars to donuts it was someone under 50. Like I always say, don't trust no one under 50.

Doc.

Karma is a bitch...Cowardly acts such as this always seem to come back around 2 fold.

You stated you dont have solid evidence but what gave you a hunch? In your first post, you said you were 98% sure who it was.

Just to state the obvious, 98% is just that.
I suspect Rod in his wisdom (and correct me if I'm wrong) hasn't stated his suspicions based on that 2% possibility of error.
Judging from the opinions stated in this thread whatever name was mentioned would suffer severe repercussions, as such, the exidence *has* to be concrete.

That all being said, it's really sad that the culprit hasn't come forward. Hopefully this type of thing will never happen again.

Cheers brothers, and sorry you had to suffer Jeff.

~R

P.S. read and follow Bruce's 'strengthen your password' thread

I'm saddened that a stand up BOTL has had to go through this (Jeff, not the perpetrator). It is despicable to me that the person who did do this has yet to come forward.

We talk a lot on CP about our integrity and our willingness to do for others. We often go the mat in an effort to protect what has become an online home for many of us. To know that someone who has likely been a member here for some time (I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that this was done by someone who has hung around here for awhile) would pull something so asinine and not come forward is quite disturbing.

:(