• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Atuck, let's let everyone know what you sent me

...drama drama drama, stop focusing on dollar values and you'll be happier in life, I promise.

I did not ask for a refund, but got one anyhow - a bit late. It changes nothing.
So, a guy refunds you money and it "changes nothing". Worst case, you're not out a dime and can decide if you want to do any trades with the guy going forward on your own. Explain how this "changes nothing".....

Seems to me a refund should pretty much wipe the slate clean. What more do you want?

B.B.S.

Like I said I really like Alan, he made a big mistake and got called on it. But it seems (like seadub's post above) he is going to be defended for it regardless of how bad of a breach of CP etiquette he pulled.
Not completely true.

I think the folks that saw it was Alan and figured they were hitting the jackpot, and didn't bother to read the initial post are equally if not more to blame. When they didn't get Opies and Anejos, they got pissed.

I do know this for a fact; there's a lot of animosity on the board, still, over this and I sure wish I knew what to do about it. There are folks that turned up their nose at a refund and seem to prefer fanning the flames on this one. That's frustrating.....

B.B.S.

Here is one of the packs Tom...

094525.jpg

And according to some it was one of the good ones. So where does the "Premium" fall on the pictured sticks? I only see one I'd buy for myself and its 5 dollar stick.

Title = "Premium 5ers!" Post = "Most would receive at least 50 dollars worth of cigars!" Hey it happens that some people get a bum deal in a blind draw. But after setting those two benchmarks, Alan should have at the very least made damn sure that at least two of the cigars fell in the accepted 10 dollar range most of us call premiums.

There are definately some very hard feelings over this among some long-standing members. Those issues may take some time and patience to work out between many of the participating members here.

But Ralph, you aren't one of those members, and should never have taken this personally to the level that you have. TAKE THE REFUND AND DROP IT. You are a newb in the fullest sense of the word. Those that have been here for a while will work out their issues, but you have nothing at stake here besides the $25 Alan already said he'd give you back.

You can go now.

D

Sending people physically threatening and/or offensive messages is unnacceptable regardless of who you are and how new/old the recipient is. This is a general rule of thumb I try to practice and I don't see how anyone here could say differently without being utterly contrary to the spirit of CP. If you don't see it, you might be too close to the personalities/drama involved (on EITHER side) to look at this objectively.

Ralph - did you participate in Atucks charitable event?

094525.jpg

And according to some it was one of the good ones. So where does the "Premium" fall on the pictured sticks? I only see one I'd buy for myself and its 5 dollar stick.

Title = "Premium 5ers!" Post = "Most would receive at least 50 dollars worth of cigars!" Hey it happens that some people get a bum deal in a blind draw. But after setting those two benchmarks, Alan should have at the very least made damn sure that at least two of the cigars fell in the accepted 10 dollar range most of us call premiums.
...and since Alan decided to delete his original post, It's hard to quote. I do know he said there were some duds in the pile and that sticks were going to be drawn at random.

Truth is, I wanted to make a donation to Alans school and that was my motivation. Seems to me the terms of the deal were quite clearly spelled out and folks should have known going in that there was a chance that they would end up with yard gars. Seems to me the folks that are completely happy with their packages are being overlooked in all this drama, and if I'm not mistaken, they seem to be in the majority here.

Bottom line - if you are unhappy, Alan offered to refund your money. What more do you want?

B.B.S.

There are definately some very hard feelings over this among some long-standing members. Those issues may take some time and patience to work out between many of the participating members here.

But Ralph, you aren't one of those members, and should never have taken this personally to the level that you have. TAKE THE REFUND AND DROP IT. You are a newb in the fullest sense of the word. Those that have been here for a while will work out their issues, but you have nothing at stake here besides the $25 Alan already said he'd give you back.

You can go now.

D

And your a newb calling a newb a newb. :rolleyes:

I did not ask for a refund, but got one anyhow - a bit late. It changes nothing.
So, a guy refunds you money and it "changes nothing". Worst case, you're not out a dime and can decide if you want to do any trades with the guy going forward on your own. Explain how this "changes nothing".....

Seems to me a refund should pretty much wipe the slate clean. What more do you want?

B.B.S.

Sorry Tom, that was inadequately worded. It does change things. It wipes the transaction. I will never see Alan the same, nor I suspect will he see me.

...and since Alan decided to delete his original post, It's hard to quote. I do know he said there were some duds in the pile and that sticks were going to be drawn at random.

Truth is, I wanted to make a donation to Alans school and that was my motivation. Seems to me the terms of the deal were quite clearly spelled out and folks should have known going in that there was a chance that they would end up with yard gars. Seems to me the folks that are completely happy with their packages are being overlooked in all this drama, and if I'm not mistaken, they seem to be in the majority here.

Bottom line - if you are unhappy, Alan offered to refund your money. What more do you want?

B.B.S.

I have no issue with the trade/sale other than the what some would call bait and switch tactic. EDIT And there is a huge difference between yard-gars and dog-rockets...

I have an issue with how Alan handled it when some people complained. He should have never edited the first post (there is a copy and paste further along in that thread if you want to reread it). And he should never have started with the name calling, insults and THREATS.

It was the threats that finally pulled me from one camp into the other. Up until I had read some of the seriously nasty threats Alan had sent a few people I call friends here, I was even defending him like you are now.

*edit* to remove the picture.

And Ralph, since you restarted this train-wreck, put up or shut-up. Post the pictures of the sticks you received.

And your point? Of course I'm a newb, and so is Ralph! I'm a newb with the sense to take care of my own in these situations and leave the rest to the FOGs. Ralph should take the refund and leave this whole mess alone.

I participated in the charity event, and I've yet to receive my cigars. If I don't like them, I'll deal with it. If I feel like what he did was wrong and I can't let it go, I'll take the refund. I'm going to let it go regardless, but I, nor any other newb, have any business airing this out publicly and creating more drama. We should be quitely taking refunds if it is really that big of a deal to us. Rod and the FOGS here are more than capable of taking care of this without us stirring the pot.

I don't know what is happening between these two behind the scenes, but it is quite obvious that there are two sides to this story and that Ralph is at least doing his share of provocation.

D

Wiggum's you didn't take the refund, then you take something that should be private to open forum to bash him some more? This sounds like sour grapes and grandstanding to me. Not a adult action, start acting your age. Your profile lists you as 41, yet your actions mimic someone half your age.
There is a certain way to do things this isn't one of them.

It was the threats that finally pulled me from one camp into the other. Up until I had read some of the seriously nasty threats Alan had sent a few people I call friends here, I was even defending him like you are now.
I haven't seen any threats, only hearsay and rumors on the subject. If true, of course I wouldn't condone that.

I wish that unhappy folks would have taken this to PM, where I'm sure it would have been resolved. No, instead, a board wide pissing match ensued and I'm sure tempers flared on both sides. I would venture a guess that there's equal blame to go around there, but it is only a guess.

I'm done with this. Alan has offered a refund to folks and I think people who are unhappy should take him up on it and move on. No, rather there is more than one person here that has chosen to make this their crusade and frankly I'm over it.

I, an Anejo, and a scotch are headed outside for some fresh air. I think you guys should do the same.

Done here - B.B.S.

And your point? Of course I'm a newb, and so is Ralph! I'm a newb with the sense to take care of my own in these situations and leave the rest to the FOGs. Ralph should take the refund and leave this whole mess alone.

I participated in the charity event, and I've yet to receive my cigars. If I don't like them, I'll deal with it. If I feel like what he did was wrong and I can't let it go, I'll take the refund. I'm going to let it go regardless, but I, nor any other newb, have any business airing this out publicly and creating more drama. We should be quitely taking refunds if it is really that big of a deal to us. Rod and the FOGS here are more than capable of taking care of this without us stirring the pot.

I don't know what is happening between these two behind the scenes, but it is quite obvious that there are two sides to this story and that Ralph is at least doing his share of provocation.

D

My point is that its gone way beyond the charity event, its now become a CP integrity issue.

And I take offense that your telling someone that he doesn't have a right to post here. Are you a moderator? Do you own the board? No? Then you need to tone your remarks down to others.

Ralph is just one of MANY people who took part in this that received threatening PMs. If you don't know whats going on... well I guess the old "read more, post less" line fits.

I haven't seen any threats, only hearsay and rumors on the subject. If true, of course I wouldn't condone that.

I wish that unhappy folks would have taken this to PM, where I'm sure it would have been resolved. No, instead, a board wide pissing match ensued and I'm sure tempers flared on both sides. I would venture a guess that there's equal blame to go around there, but it is only a guess.

I'm done with this. Alan has offered a refund to folks and I think people who are unhappy should take him up on it and move on. No, rather there is more than one person here that has chosen to make this their crusade and frankly I'm over it.

I, an Anejo, and a scotch are headed outside for some fresh air. I think you guys should do the same.

Done here - B.B.S.

Sounds like a good idea...

Done here as well - Wurm

I was not involved in that transaction, I don't believe I ever stated anywhere that I was. The whole point of this thread is that he has threatened me and harrassed me, and anyone that would like to see those pm's can send me a message and I will forward them. Or Atuck himself could come to this thread and deny it. As I told Rod, the reason I posted this is because I'm new. There appears to be many folks out there who would rather not make a fuss, or not risk what some of the elder members here think of them.

I was not involved in that transaction, I don't believe I ever stated anywhere that I was. The whole point of this thread is that he has threatened me and harrassed me, and anyone that would like to see those pm's can send me a message and I will forward them. Or Atuck himself could come to this thread and deny it. As I told Rod, the reason I posted this is because I'm new. There appears to be many folks out there who would rather not make a fuss, or not risk what some of the elder members here think of them.

Odd; what reason did he have for threatening you? I'm sorry to hear that, if that's the case.

D

My point is that its gone way beyond the charity event, its now become a CP integrity issue.

And I take offense that your telling someone that he doesn't have a right to post here. Are you a moderator? Do you own the board? No? Then you need to tone your remarks down to others.

Ralph is just one of MANY people who took part in this that received threatening PMs. If you don't know whats going on... well I guess the old "read more, post less" line fits.

I meant your point about me being a newb having any bearing on the fact that I have an opinion in this matter.

I didn't say that he had no right to post here, but I don't see him being a constructive force to make this situation right. The sooner this situation goes away, the better for CP. None of my remarks have been out of line even if you don't agree with them. You certainly are entitled to think whatever you want about the situation (as am I).

Finally, I read plenty here. I've followed every one of these threads since the OP, as well as reading through threads from years ago to get some more insight as to what is going on here. I was the first to PM Alan about the fundraiser. I know what's going on, and I'll continue to follow this topic and interject my thoughts as I so desire.

D

Respect is a currency here. You can earn it and bank it, you can spend it, piss it away, but you can't borrow it. Noobs start here with zero. Get into a hole and you might not get out. Alan sent you some shit for sure, but damned if you weren't out there waving the red cape. You might think about getting up in the cheap seats for a while.