• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Atuck, let's let everyone know what you sent me

I was not involved in that transaction, I don't believe I ever stated anywhere that I was. The whole point of this thread is that he has threatened me and harrassed me, and anyone that would like to see those pm's can send me a message and I will forward them. Or Atuck himself could come to this thread and deny it. As I told Rod, the reason I posted this is because I'm new. There appears to be many folks out there who would rather not make a fuss, or not risk what some of the elder members here think of them.

Odd; what reason did he have for threatening you? I'm sorry to hear that, if that's the case.

Here is where Ralph comes into the picture.

D

I was not involved in that transaction, I don't believe I ever stated anywhere that I was. The whole point of this thread is that he has threatened me and harrassed me, and anyone that would like to see those pm's can send me a message and I will forward them. Or Atuck himself could come to this thread and deny it. As I told Rod, the reason I posted this is because I'm new. There appears to be many folks out there who would rather not make a fuss, or not risk what some of the elder members here think of them.

PM them to MilesMingusMonk he is a very upstanding brother here and will hear you out.

And as of this post... let's see... your total count is up to 10 posts. So in your sojourn here at CP you've managed to say quite a lot (about your intentions [and your character]) in a very few posts. Some guys (like Vitasea) took many more posts to unintelligbly say so little.

Seriously... go to another board. :thumbs:

Odd; what reason did he have for threatening you? I'm sorry to hear that, if that's the case.
I, for one, have participated in Alan's charitable event. My intention was that it was for charity. My cigars have yet to show up, they are on their way, and I really don't care what they are. I saw people's posts that they were upset with the quality and decided that I still wanted to support his school, even if I end up with dog rockets.

I have HERFed w/ Alan, and I really like hanging out with the guy. I have followed his cigar pr0n for a long time and he helped me get some taboadas. I have had no problems with him, until I had seen some of the PMs that he has sent to people.

I do not believe it is my place to post PMs that were shared with me, as it is only one side of the story. I do not know if they were antagonized, or what. But it seems way out of character for who I believed Alan to be. And yes, they were threatening and rude.

This action I do not condone in any matter, nor can I find any sort of justification for it. This behavior should not be tolerated at all, by any parties involved.

I do not think this needed to come to light in this manner, either. They were private messages and should be handled behind the scenes. And if things could not get resolved, then Rod should be brought in. He is the only one with authority to take any action in this matter. Posting it here without any proof or backing is bad form. Take note .... this should die. It should be handled by Rod and those people who have received these threatening PMs. But it does need to get handled.

My $.02.
- C

I too am very sorry to hear that.

Brian

I've seen a number of these threatening PMs and PP refunds, and like Blue Dragon, don't feel that it is my place to share them or there source. It was also indicated to me that some of these PM were forwarded to Rod. If that is the case, then the fact that this is still an issue is all the more disturbing. As a self moderating board, it is the responsibility of the members to set the limits as to what is and is not acceptable. The membership has in the past made it very clear that threats are not taken lightly and are not acceptable. If indeed these threats have been passed on, and no action on the matter was shared with the members, then it sets a precedent for the future. A future that I and I would assume most of the members would not like to see.

The only thing I can see positively wrong with this whole issue is Atuck deleted his post offering his deal. That is really a bad move on his part. I don't understand it at all.

If any threats were made I would hope they would be investigated. There is no room for that here.

Just for the record I've had transactions with Alan twice. He was totally above board on both.

RalphWiggum, did he really threaten you? I mean, did he say "I'm coming to your house, cutting out your heart and feeding it to your dog?" or did he just cuss you out? If he cussed you out, and you took it wrong (not saying it's right), I can understand. I've made that mistake also. If he made a real threat, Rod would have stepped in.

As a self moderating board, it is the responsibility of the members to set the limits as to what is and is not acceptable. The membership has in the past made it very clear that threats are not taken lightly and are not acceptable. If indeed these threats have been passed on, and no action on the matter was shared with the members, then it sets a precedent for the future. A future that I and I would assume most of the members would not like to see.
I fully agree, Matt.

This is but the latest case to test that which the CigarPass community professes to hold so dear. The foundation upon which this forum rests is larger than any one member. It must be so for the brotherhood to mean anything. Integrity starts with a single man but it is the collective integrity and the driving force which seeks the greater good that brings our ideals to full flower.

So what then does seniority, tenure, familiarity, and respect provide, if anything? I think, for one, it provides for greater patience in the process of seeking and revealing the truth. That is a basic consideration that has been earned. I think that it is on this basis that the community should proceed in this situation. We should resolve to invite Alan to explain his actions. If he feels that his standpoint has been expressed sufficiently in his public postings to date, then we should take that at face value.

RalphWiggum has raised some serious accusations. It also appears that some of these have been corroborated. I haven't taken the time to line up all these accounts but if these details are proven to be accurate, then at least we can understand the issue we face.

I would add that I do not entirely agree with Cory that it should be handled completely behind the scenes. These are serious issues and it has been raised in public. As a consequence, it is the community's right to see it resolved and further to understand the basis on which things have been settled. The public good is not served by sweeping it under the rug.

With that, I've said my piece. Carry on.

Wilkey

I too am very sorry to hear that.

Brian

Maybe this has something to do with it.

And unfortunately now that this was brought out of the closet, it must be resolved on open forum. As per previous posts, serious issues were brought up and need to be resolved to set a precedent, especially when the alleged is a BOTL with an upstanding history.

atuck's responses (both public and private) are very, very disappointing.

Ralphy, you stuck your nose in where it doesn't belong. This is not your business.

NA

I did not participate in the charity event but this entire issues seems like history repeating itself but with a different board member, in terms of threats.

It is Rod's call to look at it and it is up to him if he chooses to include any other members in his decision making process.

Neal, you ARE the smartest one in the room! Who else can distill all this bullshit into two powerful, succinct sentences.

edit spelling

Here we go again... just watch this guys. I guarantee it makes everyone relax....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdgaJpEuNHI

If anyone would like to see what immature and quasi-threatening babble was said to me, I would be more than happy to discuss it in private. Not posting it here.