• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Atuck, let's let everyone know what you sent me

I donated to the AVCS charity sale. I paid my $25, and received 6 cigars as a thanks for my donation. I do not know what has happened elsewhere or to whom regarding PMs and such. I am not defending Alan's purported actions, but only to the extent that I am satisfied with my end. Do my new sticks add up to $25, or $50? I don't know, and I don't care. Are they yard gars, dog rockets, or Opus X? I don't care. I made a donation and got a thanks. Some didn't see the OP as such; some did. That was bad communication, and from what I understand, Alan and other members had made the effort to right any wrong regardless of tone or inflection in their posts.
Now, this has turned into a CF where people are accused of throwing shit and baiting. I have read a lot, searched, read more, and posted little. I have had enough. This needs to be resolved. Those with beef need to man up and ask yourself, "what can I do to resolve this issue?" This is past the point of winning any argument; only understanding can win. People have hurt and have been hurt. We need to understand the other side's problems. We need honest, candid conversation without the need to win for that to happen. The forum is right here. What will make us feel better, vindication, or getting to know each other better and coming out in the end with a bit more respect given? I'll go for the latter.

WOW....Rod you wonder what I have been doing and why I have not been on the board much.

Really seems to me like this is how it all started for me. I feel like I am standing in room with a bunch of lady's.

In "As Good As It Gets" Old Jack was asked how he rights about a women so well " I think of a man" he said "Than I take away accountability and reason"

Have a Happy Holiday everyone.

All you Chicago are brothers I hope to smoke a couple sticks with you.

Well I sure am glad you showed up to clarify that for us.

WOW....Rod you wonder what I have been doing and why I have not been on the board much.

Really seems to me like this is how it all started for me. I feel like I am standing in room with a bunch of lady's.

In "As Good As It Gets" Old Jack was asked how he rights about a women so well " I think of a man" he said "Than I take away accountability and reason"

Have a Happy Holiday everyone.

All you Chicago are brothers I hope to smoke a couple sticks with you.

Well, compare us to the other cigars forums - you'll see that we treat members like adults, and really, there is in fact less drama here than at any other forum. AND we don't delete content, like ALL of the other forums do.

So Ralph - you started a major shit storm. This could have been resolved behind the scenes. Are you just an instigator, or are you going to finish what you started?

Well I sure am glad you showed up to clarify that for us.
Absolutely, I agree... I'm glad too that merkinmullet also showed up to give us clarification... ???

Brian

atuck's responses (both public and private) are very, very disappointing.

Ralphy, you stuck your nose in where it doesn't belong. This is not your business.

NA

Could not have said it any better.

This is really turning out to be a sad, sad thread from any angle as was the previous sale thread. There are many things best left to PM...

Out of 64 packs that went out , only a few are complaining. The packs were randomly picked. I have to say that I can't complain. No matter what you do or where you go, there are always going to be unhappy people. AND, I offered to make good to those that were not happy. I did and, at least one is still not happy.

Ralph is a jerk. He told me that I basically told everybody FU. So, basically I told him FU. I teased him a bit, but certainly nothing that would be classified as a threat. Jlada was way out of line with me so I teased him too. I did not threaten him. I told him he was a punk and that he needed to be taken over my knee and I put a LOL! after it. And then I did say something rude to BrewMiester but I feel bad about that now and have a plan to show him that I have no hard feelings. But he started with me 1st and what I said to him WAS NOT A THREAT, just rude. THOSE ARE THE ONLY PM"S THAT COULD POSSIBLY BE CONSIDERED THREATENING. Oh ya, I did send Ralph a pic of a dogs butt that I found on Google in response to his last PM to me.

If I threatened somebody, CALL THE POLICE!~! The people that are saying they have seen many, or numerous threats by me are LYING!! What I said above IS what happened. And I would have NO problem with anybody posting any of my PM's.

One thing that people that know me will tell you is that I am honest and NOT full of shit. I say it like it is and I am not a little pussy.

If you all look at all of this, there are only a small handful of people that are having some kind of problem here. They just keep going on and on and on. The fact is, really, that they do not know me at all. None of the people complaining are people I've met. Everybody that I have met, knows me and knows that I would do anything for any of you!

Rod PM'd me and asked me to apologize. The only person here that I can see the need to apologize to is Brew. And he is staying out of this. Jlada, I'll still tell ya your a punk and that I'll spank you but it is all in fun. Ya, you kind of irritated me at first but you made me laugh too. Brew sure made me laugh too. Ralph is the funniest yet!!

I deleted the original post in the BST section mainly because it had links to the school in it. If this situation was turning ugly I did not want links to the school involved in it. I was also a little upset and just wiped it all out without thinking about our RULE, which I forgot about. So for that, I do truly apologize. I just wasn't thinking it through when I did it.

Another thing, not that this really matters, but I have had the flu during all of this and felt like shit the whole time. I did wash my hands before handling any cigars or packages though.

I hope that we can all move on from this. Don't make a judgement on me unless you actually know me. Or just get to know me and you will find out that I am, in fact, what I claim to be. Nothing more, nothing less!!!

Here is one of the packs Tom...

094525.jpg

And according to some it was one of the good ones. So where does the "Premium" fall on the pictured sticks? I only see one I'd buy for myself and its 5 dollar stick.

Title = "Premium 5ers!" Post = "Most would receive at least 50 dollars worth of cigars!" Hey it happens that some people get a bum deal in a blind draw. But after setting those two benchmarks, Alan should have at the very least made damn sure that at least two of the cigars fell in the accepted 10 dollar range most of us call premiums.

Looks like you came pretty close to the $50 mark to me man!! Show the shaggy foot on that torpedo cigar there. It is a Gurkha Pre-embargo deal that cost about $25 alone, if not more. I remember that they were rediculous! They suck too!! :laugh: The other sticks add up to about, what? $22? So total value for your $25 was $47.

It is sad to see that people would think that I would keep all of my Opus and Anejos in a crate. But, guaranteed, there were plenty of both in there!! Too bad you did not get any. Sorry! After our past dealings Wurm, I'm a little disappointed. This was for charity and you got plenty good for your donation. But as I offered before, If you want a refund I will give you one. Actually, I don't know how you paid but I will go check. If you used PP I will refund ASAP, if you sent a check I will VOID it and rip it and send you a pic of it in PM. Cool?

One thing I will add... I have herfed with Alan on several occasions. He is a straight shooter; never have I seen him disrespect someone. One big problem with email and forums is that you cannot always tell someone's emotion. It's just text. If I even remotely thought that Alan was threatening people, I would have issued a ban. However, I don't see this happening.

Ralph Wiggum (also the name of a fictional character on The Simpsons) appears to be a troublemaker. If you view his posts, you'll see that he only had a few posts until he started butting heads here. Is he a troll? Who knows. However I do find it odd that he would jump into a trade thread which he was not part of, just to stir the pot.

Alan's response to the picture of the 5 sticks listed above is interesting... A pre-embargo Gurkha? That sounds pretty damn fair to me.

Let me also make it clear that I do not favor certain members over others. I have suspended and even banned long time members in the past. I personally do not see Atuck as a threat whatsoever. The facts remain: 1.) there appear to only be a few people who are not satisfied with the cigars he sent out. 2.) Alan has offered to refund your money if you're not happy. What am I missing? It seems that the great majority of participants are happy with what they received. If you're not satisfied, then request a refund and move on. I'm still waiting for Ralph Wiggum to respond to this thread.

Rod

Atuck,

I've never had a problem with you, your cigars, your intentions, etc. Granted, somehow during shipping, my cigars got roughed up pretty bad -- oh well, shit happens. My only issue was the massive amounts of insults that we being flung. Some were thrown your way, and you swung back, and that rubbed me really wrong. That was my only concern.

It's behind me. That was last week. Oh well. This week I'm trying to get the evil monkey out of my closet.

FamilyGuy_EvilClosetMonkey.jpg

I'm very glad to see this thread making some progress in the right direction. We may stir up some serious situations and drama around here, but no matter what, it always seems to get resolved! :thumbs:

Out of 64 packs that went out , only a few are complaining. The packs were randomly picked. I have to say that I can't complain. No matter what you do or where you go, there are always going to be unhappy people. AND, I offered to make good to those that were not happy. I did and, at least one is still not happy.

Ralph is a jerk. He told me that I basically told everybody FU. So, basically I told him FU. I teased him a bit, but certainly nothing that would be classified as a threat. Jlada was way out of line with me so I teased him too. I did not threaten him. I told him he was a punk and that he needed to be taken over my knee and I put a LOL! after it. And then I did say something rude to BrewMiester but I feel bad about that now and have a plan to show him that I have no hard feelings. But he started with me 1st and what I said to him WAS NOT A THREAT, just rude. THOSE ARE THE ONLY PM"S THAT COULD POSSIBLY BE CONSIDERED THREATENING. Oh ya, I did send Ralph a pic of a dogs butt that I found on Google in response to his last PM to me.

If I threatened somebody, CALL THE POLICE!~! The people that are saying they have seen many, or numerous threats by me are LYING!! What I said above IS what happened. And I would have NO problem with anybody posting any of my PM's.

One thing that people that know me will tell you is that I am honest and NOT full of shit. I say it like it is and I am not a little pussy.

If you all look at all of this, there are only a small handful of people that are having some kind of problem here. They just keep going on and on and on. The fact is, really, that they do not know me at all. None of the people complaining are people I've met. Everybody that I have met, knows me and knows that I would do anything for any of you!

Rod PM'd me and asked me to apologize. The only person here that I can see the need to apologize to is Brew. And he is staying out of this. Jlada, I'll still tell ya your a punk and that I'll spank you but it is all in fun. Ya, you kind of irritated me at first but you made me laugh too. Brew sure made me laugh too. Ralph is the funniest yet!!

I deleted the original post in the BST section mainly because it had links to the school in it. If this situation was turning ugly I did not want links to the school involved in it. I was also a little upset and just wiped it all out without thinking about our RULE, which I forgot about. So for that, I do truly apologize. I just wasn't thinking it through when I did it.

Another thing, not that this really matters, but I have had the flu during all of this and felt like shit the whole time. I did wash my hands before handling any cigars or packages though.

I hope that we can all move on from this. Don't make a judgement on me unless you actually know me. Or just get to know me and you will find out that I am, in fact, what I claim to be. Nothing more, nothing less!!!
You should apologize to the folks you sent those pm's to without the preamble excuses. "I'm sorry, I was wrong" will do. You were certainly wrong but it's clear you aren't sorry.

I don't care who you have carrying your water, you crossed the line. What's more, you knew it was wrong or you'd have posted that simple minded shit in the threads instead of a private message. "Old School" my ass, what are you 12 years old?

NA

You should apologize to the folks you sent those pm's to without the preamble excuses. "I'm sorry, I was wrong" will do. You were certainly wrong but it's clear you aren't sorry.

I don't care who you have carrying your water, you crossed the line. What's more, you knew it was wrong or you'd have posted that simple minded shit in the threads instead of a private message. "Old School" my ass, what are you 12 years old?

NA

I do agree that Alan should have just apologized, without any strings, exceptions, or caveats, because regardless of his intentions (which I believe were not nefarious), the situation was not handled as well as it should be.

But what do you do when people receive their cigars for the $25 donation, and aren't aware of the value of the sticks they've received, as was noted above? You may not like them, but those Pre-embargo Ghurkas were not cheap, as an example.

I certainly do believe that some people got less than $25 in cigars in this whole fiasco, but it seems that a number of people also got more than $25 out of it. Seems like that's the nature of the "grab bag" type of deal (and why I'd never do it).

Anyway, that said, I'll reiterate what I said last week. Atuck should just apologize for the way the situation was handled, and let it go. I think some apologies from the people who overreacted are due, too, however.

Anyway, that said, I'll reiterate what I said last week. Atuck should just apologize for the way the situation was handled, and let it go. I think some apologies from the people who overreacted are due, too, however.

+1

Especially that last line.

D

I just received the 2 cigar packs for the DONATION that I made. The smokes were in good shape and I certainly have NO complaints. Most of the cigars I would never buy, but that was not the point of this exercise, was it!! My hat is off to Alan for trying to do something good, even if it got a little fouled up.