• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer PIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
My box of beer courtesy of SPIVY is en route but may get caught up at UPS over the weekend (no worries Ed, I'm just anxious to send someone some beer).

I'm already heading to a great store close to me this weekend called John's Grocery and I figured I would get a jump on the PIF.

So, who wants a box-o-beer?

I am sure you will enjoy it.

Edit: Just so everyone knows At about 15lbs it is considerably cheaper to send with UPS then USPS

Thanks brother.

I actually just talked to my UPS guy about this last week. He said the USPS does not like to hassle with large packages so they charge a lot.

My box of beer courtesy of SPIVY is en route but may get caught up at UPS over the weekend (no worries Ed, I'm just anxious to send someone some beer).

I'm already heading to a great store close to me this weekend called John's Grocery and I figured I would get a jump on the PIF.

Edit: Just so everyone knows At about 15lbs it is considerably cheaper to send with UPS then USPS

Thanks brother.

I actually just talked to my UPS guy about this last week. He said the USPS does not like to hassle with large packages so they charge a lot.

If Im not mistake, USPS was 30 or so and UPS was 10-12

Which UPS store do you go to? Here in Cali ... I've experienced the opposite. For a styro sixer UPS was charging me $20 and USPS charged me only $13.
I don't know why but to ship from midwest to west coast seems a lot cheaper then shipping to midwest from west coast.
I just shipped a box 31lbs to IN and it cost me $35. Are my rates higher?

I'll take a box-o-beer.....

Send me a PM with your favorites or likes and I'll what strange brews I can dig up.

I think you should have waited until you received the box of beer and posted it's contents before asking. I mean unless everyone thinks it's no big deal. I've seen everyone so far that has received a box to ask after getting it. I think it's easier keeping track of who is receiving and who is sending which box.

I think you should have waited until you received the box of beer and posted it's contents before asking. I mean unless everyone thinks it's no big deal. I've seen everyone so far that has received a box to ask after getting it. I think it's easier keeping track of who is receiving and who is sending which box.

I understand and was thinking that also, but if I did I would not have been able to send anything out until two weeks later and I did not want to hold up this already slow moving thread. I would not think what I receive should matter to who I am send to since many people are sending and receiving regional beers. Sorry if I jumped the gun.

ETA* If the community decide I f'd up I'll post a "who wants" when I post pics of SPIVYs send, but either way amateuraficionado is getting a box from me.

David, I could see simply as a matter of protocol. But, since what one is receiving shouldn't influence what one is sending I don't know if it's a biggie. Now putting a second box in the rotation..... that's confusing. :whistling: :laugh:

Thanks brother.

If Im not mistake, USPS was 30 or so and UPS was 10-12

Which UPS store do you go to? Here in Cali ... I've experienced the opposite. For a styro sixer UPS was charging me $20 and USPS charged me only $13.
I don't know why but to ship from midwest to west coast seems a lot cheaper then shipping to midwest from west coast.
I just shipped a box 31lbs to IN and it cost me $35. Are my rates higher?

We have an account with them, but I don't think we have any discounts. Maybe rates are diff in diff parts of the US.

I understand and was thinking that also, but if I did I would not have been able to send anything out until two weeks later and I did not want to hold up this already slow moving thread. I would not think what I receive should matter to who I am send to since many people are sending and receiving regional beers. Sorry if I jumped the gun.

ETA* If the community decide I f'd up I'll post a "who wants" when I post pics of SPIVYs send, but either way amateuraficionado is getting a box from me.

My first sentence had to do with the way everyone has done this.

David, I could see simply as a matter of protocol. But, since what one is receiving shouldn't influence what one is sending I don't know if it's a biggie. Now putting a second box in the rotation..... that's confusing. :whistling: :laugh:

Just protocol. I don't know why you thought I meant what someone receives depends on what they send. I was just following the rules. Whichever is easier makes the most sense.

It's a slow thread, but if people don't have the inventory then they have to search around, which takes time.

Just protocol. I don't know why you thought I meant what someone receives depends on what they send. I was just following the rules. Whichever is easier makes the most sense.

It's a slow thread, but if people don't have the inventory then they have to search around, which takes time.

Didn't think that at all man. I guess because it's an inherently slow thread, I think Jeff's reasoning was that he'd be heading to a particular store in his area and wanted to get a jump on his selections, that's all. If everyone's cool with me accepting the PIF, I'll hold off on posting a "who wants" until I receive the package and get pics posted.

I think it was fine for Kuso to ask early to avoid having to hold it up several weeks (out of town I'm assuming?) Normally it's easier to follow the typical protocol, but we can be flexible as far as I'm concerned.

As far as the cheapest method to ship, I've found for me it is always using my online FedEx account. It all depends where you are and are sending to though. Keep in mind that it is illegal, not just against company policy to ship beer via USPS though.

I think it was fine for Kuso to ask early to avoid having to hold it up several weeks (out of town I'm assuming?) Normally it's easier to follow the typical protocol, but we can be flexible as far as I'm concerned.

Totally agree. My mouth would be watering for two weeks :). I was just pointing it out. I had no problem with it.

Didn't think that at all man. I guess because it's an inherently slow thread, I think Jeff's reasoning was that he'd be heading to a particular store in his area and wanted to get a jump on his selections, that's all. If everyone's cool with me accepting the PIF, I'll hold off on posting a "who wants" until I receive the package and get pics posted.

I realized that after reading it over again. I understand and agree with the point you were making. My bad.

Ed, everything arrived in great condition. Holy cow, more than I expected!!! Thank you so much. I will post pictures when I'm done with this brake job... :whistling:

*ETA* USB cable is at home, camera is at work. My head is obviously on crooked today. Will post pics when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.