• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best band of all time?

must be a lot of young whippersnappers to not think the stones are the(BEST)! bar NONE! :cool:

This is really a loaded question...

The most influential of Rock…believe it or not. Bob Dylan
(not a Dylan fan at all, you just asked the question.)

It was because of Dylan that many bands have the sounds and songs today that we consider great, even the Beatles.

Lopaka

Matty_Vegas said:
this might be unpopular...

Social distortion

best rock and roll band ever
[snapback]206111[/snapback]​

Wow...Social D

There's a blast from the past...oh wait..they're still around yeah? First time I saw them was in '87 what a show.

Best bands (I can't pick just 1)

Floyd, Zep, Stones, Aerosmith, ACDC, Hendrix (he did have a band!), and for the newer generation U2 hands down followed by Nirvana!

Now for personal preference, Soundgarden is my favorite band but the above bands are movements in music, not simply artists. Hence, Soundgarden not making the list.

Lopaka said:
This is really a loaded question...

The most influential of Rock…believe it or not. Bob Dylan
(not a Dylan fan at all, you just asked the question.)

It was because of Dylan that many bands have the sounds and songs today that we consider great, even the Beatles.

Lopaka
[snapback]206136[/snapback]​

Saw him live.

LOOK AT ME! :sign:

seriously though, it was awesome! :thumbs:

Most influential: Beatles
Best Live tours & Longevity: Metallica
Best musicians: Rush
all IMHO of course

I'm gonna have to rock the Floyd train. Zeppelin is awesome, no doubt, but as Homer Simpson says, "Jimmy Paige, the biggest thief of black music that ever lived." If you listen to Floyd's earliest stuff it's unreal, they sound like the Beatles, so it's really cool the progression of their music.

If we were going for straight up skillz on the guitar, well then, Stevie Ray Vaughn would probably be number one.

UTKhodgy said:
Straight from Long Beach, CA...

SUBLIME
[snapback]206135[/snapback]​

I would love to see how Sublime would have turned out, Brad Nowell was an amazing artist.

I would say Led Zep is the best band of all time however Pearl Jam would be my favorite band followed closely by Sublime.

Back