• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Tequilla

Big100HD said:
BrownDevil said:
Call me the AVB of tequila

Any good tequila should be prepared in a snifter, NOT in a shot glass. Chilled with absolutely NO salt, lime, lemon, chaser, whatever.

You hit the nail on the head on that one. My personal favorite....

Patron.....
[snapback]263959[/snapback]​

Patron is a Gringo tequila, try something like Casa Noble or Don Julio 1942 and you will see what a difference, these are real ultra-premium tequilas :D

Don Julio 1942 Anejo is by far the best tequila I've ever tasted. Wish it wasn't so pricey.

yes it is..had some while I was in Mexico last year..although I prefer Coralejo Anejo myself

Don Juliio 1942. I bought a bottle in Puerto Vallarta at La Cas de Tequila when it wasn't even available in the U.S. The bottle is shaped like an agave leaf. Now it's available here, about $140 last time I checked. As smallg says, it's pricey, but worth having for special occasions.

My other favorite is 1921 Reserva Especial (anejo, too). For a cheap quickie, try Patron silver and Squirt for a pseudo-Margarita.

Try this margarita recipe (based on Adobo Grill margarita next to Second City in Chicago's Old Town on Wells Street) using a good reposado or even anejo tequila:

Add ice to a martini shaker. Play around with these approximate amounts of ingredients: 2-3 oz tequila
.75-1 oz orange liqueur (Grand Marnier....)
1.5-2 oz each freshly squeezed lime juice and sugar syrup.
Shake, serve up in cold martini glass (coat rim with salt if desired).

Important to use fresh lime juice; concentrate just doesn't do it. I make sugar syrup by adding 4 cups sugar to 2 cups near boiling water. After the sugar dissolves, keep heating for about 5-10 minutes and then cool. Store in refrigerator (I use Gatorade bottles). It keeps for months. It takes some work, but it's well worth it.