• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review - Pay it Forward #2!

And this is why we're family and have faith in each other. Well handled all around

I wonder if there is a stick called volcano so Oke will feel at home. Or maybe send five sticks and a lava lamp?

bluue13 said:

Well folks, the Pug is back from a cruise up the Eastern seaboard. Just got home at 1830 tonight. Visited NYC for three days, Halifax NS, St. John NB, Boston, Plymouth Me.

I'm ready, point me in the right direction, I'll do my part.

Glad to see you're back and enjoyed your cruise.  Also glad everything is ok.  Next time if you're holding a pass and are going to travel its prob just a good idea to post that you're heading away for a bit just so everyone knows where it stands.

Ed - I have a problem with you having this at home, but neglecting to let anyone know that you'd be out of pocket for who knows how long.  Unless I'm missing the part where you let anyone know.  

People were genuinely concerned about your health and well being.  You come back and act like nothing happened.  It's not that hard to status the board and specifically this thread, with your status.  Don't leave people hanging.

bfreebern said:

Well folks, the Pug is back from a cruise up the Eastern seaboard. Just got home at 1830 tonight. Visited NYC for three days, Halifax NS, St. John NB, Boston, Plymouth Me.

Glad to see you're back and enjoyed your cruise.  Also glad everything is ok.  Next time if you're holding a pass and are going to travel its prob just a good idea to post that you're heading away for a bit just so everyone knows where it stands.

Ed - I have a problem with you having this at home, but neglecting to let anyone know that you'd be out of pocket for who knows how long.  Unless I'm missing the part where you let anyone know.  

People were genuinely concerned about your health and well being.  You come back and act like nothing happened.  It's not that hard to status the board and specifically this thread, with your status.  Don't leave people hanging.

Not to pile on, as I've already posted, and we've all expressed our opinions about the matter, but I haven't been able to shake the annoyed feeling I've had about this since you've gotten back.

Ed, something that has bothered me most about this whole situation (and situations in the past) is your lack of direct response to the questions that have been asked of you.  Multiple members publicly expressed their concern for your well being and your only reply was a general (paraphrased) "Wow what an awesome time I had, someone tell me what to do!" and another snarky reply.  No apology for not communicating, no acknowledgement of "Gee, I didn't understand that I should've communicated to you all that I was going away but would handle the pass when I was back, I understand now that this is what I should do" Which I honestly don't really buy as you've been a member here long enough and have been pointed in the right direction enough times.

Ed, you've had a lot of mess ups and a lot of second (3rd, 4th) chances, it is getting tiring IMO to see things go wrong time and time again each time a pass is in your possession.  I'm sure I am not the only one either.

I understand, heck we all do, that life happens, and that some of our minds aren't as sharp as they used to be, but c'mon man, you know how it works around here by now.

Communication is key.  I've never seen anyone run out of here for communicating.

I'll get to the review tomorrow. I thought I could do it tonight but keep getting called into work.

bluue13 said:

Not to pile on, as I've already posted, and we've all expressed our opinions about the matter, but I haven't been able to shake the annoyed feeling I've had about this since you've gotten back.

Ed, something that has bothered me most about this whole situation (and situations in the past) is your lack of direct response to the questions that have been asked of you.  Multiple members publicly expressed their concern for your well being and your only reply was a general (paraphrased) "Wow what an awesome time I had, someone tell me what to do!" and another snarky reply.  No apology for not communicating, no acknowledgement of "Gee, I didn't understand that I should've communicated to you all that I was going away but would handle the pass when I was back, I understand now that this is what I should do" Which I honestly don't really buy as you've been a member here long enough and have been pointed in the right direction enough times.

Ed, you've had a lot of mess ups and a lot of second (3rd, 4th) chances, it is getting tiring IMO to see things go wrong time and time again each time a pass is in your possession.  I'm sure I am not the only one either.

I understand, heck we all do, that life happens, and that some of our minds aren't as sharp as they used to be, but c'mon man, you know how it works around here by now.

Communication is key.  I've never seen anyone run out of here for communicating.

Ed, no response?

I already feel the love. We left 9/30 and returned 10/10. I posted at 9pm I was back. Oke had already saved the day which I am grateful for and thank you Oke.

Thankfully or regrettably I didn't have a heart bypass or something or a family member die. But I haveALWAYS done the right thing if abiet late. Not saying I'm out of pocket for ten days is not a requirement specially with all the folks reading emails and searching the web.

I'm glad a good BOTL covered for me, and my part went to him today. He will have it Thursday. My only wish is that he didn't live in Hawaii.

No matter what I say Emoshun it will never be right and truthfully, that I regret.

Nuf said.

Pugman1943 said:
I already feel the love. We left 9/30 and returned 10/10. I posted at 9pm I was back. Oke had already saved the day which I am grateful for and thank you Oke.

Thankfully or regrettably I didn't have a heart bypass or something or a family member die. But I haveALWAYS done the right thing if abiet late. Not saying I'm out of pocket for ten days is not a requirement specially with all the folks reading emails and searching the web.

I'm glad a good BOTL covered for me, and my part went to him today. He will have it Thursday. My only wish is that he didn't live in Hawaii.

No matter what I say Emoshun it will never be right and truthfully, that I regret.

Nuf said.

Ed, I can understand not wanting to publicly post that you were going to not be home for 10 days, but the problem here is that once again you went silent while holding on to a pass.  At the very least you could've PMed someone to let them know.  Coming back after someone had to cover for you and in so many words saying "I'm not sure what the big deal is" is kind of a big F-U to the membership.  You had a lot of people giving you the benefit of the doubt once again, and its starting to wear thin on a lot of people here.

No one is claiming that you don't eventually "ALWAYS" do the right thing, but the issue here is exactly that.  There seems to more often than not be some kind of issue when you're holding a pass.

I think a lot of what is rubbing people the wrong way here is like I said at the beginning, there doesn't seem to be any kind of ownership of your mistake.  If you came right out and said "Gents, I apologize for going radio silence, I should've communicated better, thanks to all who covered for me." I think we would've been a bit more forgiving.

We're very glad you're ok, and very thankful to Oke for stepping in, but all of this mystery could've been avoided with communication.

Edit to add:  I'm going to attempt to refrain from more replies here on the matter.  I feel I've said my piece! 

Shipping to HI should be the same with a standard flat rate box...

I agree with blue 100%. It is beyond disappointing how you have handled things you have joined in on in the last couple years. To top it of you complain where the guy that helped you out lives...

Paul

Looking forward to tasting what's I store!

Pugman1943 said:
Of all the things that have been posted, this one comment seems to be the most telling. It is good to have members participate in the passes, contests and other board-wide activities, but if you need to be "pointed" in the right direction then it's pretty clear the basic rules for playing were not followed and it is rather insulting to the rest of us that you would ask to be "pointed" in the right direction, in effect asking for step by step direction when the rules of the game are clearly posted for everyone to absorb. After all it's not like someone passed it to you, you said gimme.

Is that an apology or just a bunch of nonsense, Ed? All you had to do was PM someone and that takes maybe 2 minutes to do.

Sent 26 September 2015 - 04:27 PM
Domingo Molina
980 honeysuckle rd
Lexington ky 40504. Thanks
Tall Paul said:
Shipping to HI should be the same with a standard flat rate box...
I agree with blue 100%. It is beyond disappointing how you have handled things you have joined in on in the last couple years. To top it of you complain where the guy that helped you out lives...
Paul
bfreebern said:
Is that an apology or just a bunch of nonsense, Ed? All you had to do was PM someone and that takes maybe 2 minutes to do.

This is all I received from the chief, not a word about sending as he was next up, but then I'm suppose to know this is what was meant . As far a complaint about the cost of shipping to Hawaii, you should check postal rates. I was yanking Oke's chain and he knows that, plus rather than make him wait, I sent it Express to make it right for his stepping up.

And yes Bfreebern, I should have written Chief back and asked him what the pleasure of his address was for.

For this and associated errors in pass handling I apologize and will refrain from joining future ones. I sure as heck can send sticks without being involved in a pass.

"I fucked up guys, I'm old enough and have been on this board long enough to know better.  It won't happen again"

I fucked up guys, I'm old enough and have been on this board long enough to know better.  It won't happen again.