• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bomb and Trade Acknowledgment Protocol

I have been smoking cigars for more than a decade, but I am very new to cigar bulletin boards, and this site. I have not been following the threads where some members have apparently been criticizing bombs, also known as gifts, that have been received. I think most of us, however, were taught at a very young age that it is simply good manners to always thank someone for a gift and to never criticize a gift (unless you know the gift giver very well and have that kind of joking relationship with them).

It is a shame that this thread is necessary, but I guess we have not all been raised to the same standards.

Thanks for the info on the Bomb and trade Protocol. I am new and I wouldnt want to hurt anyone or piss anybody off.

Don't know how i missed this thread when it started, maybe it was when I was off the board following surgery.
I have to say that I totally support the earlier posts from Neil, Wade, Lee, et al.

Like I said in another thread "....the point is sharing." If I can help someone newbier than me to expand their experience, then that's reason enough to ship something out.

Besides, I'm NEVER gonna smoke all these cigars! :sign:

Found this thread and thought it would be good to top for newbies, and not so newbies ;)

Wow, what a good good post, Neal...

As a new guy, I didn't know you ever posted more than the occasional one- or two-liners that I've seen.

Good idea to re-post this John V! :thumbs:

Thank you SC, all points well taken. I have copied your post the the bombing thread.

When this "war" began I never dreamed it would take off the way it has, though I'm glad it did. I've tried to stress that the one rule of any import is respect. As newbies, we can all have fun an learn a great deal through this little wargame. I freely admit to my naïveté, I truly believe that it's better to give than to receive and if I personally have given any advice whatsover that would suggest that anyone bomb in order to get bombed, that was never my intent and I deeply regret it.

No fingers pointed in your direction preembargo.

Man it takes alot of gull to complain about a gift even if its not what you would normally smoke have enough respect to at least say thanks.

Nice post neal

GREAT thread.. thanks for putting it on top, camaroon4me

This is one newbie that shall be reading it from cover to cover, a few times over.

This is a great tread I wish I read it before I set War on people in public. I for one will say sorry for being a donkey.

This is a great tread I wish I read it before I set War on people in public. I for one will say sorry for being a donkey.

Well said. I agree whole-heartedly. If I have betrayed this thread, then for that I apologize. Yes I am a newb, and yes I have bombed, but mind you my only intention for such bombs were to thank the fellow BOTL's for being such stand-up individuals.

Solid advice for everyone on the board, new and experienced alike.

Great post - B.B.S.

Great thread. As a newbie it is wonderful to come across information such as this. Thank you.