• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Tony Soprano Limited Edition 150 Count Humidor Black

I'm in for a 5er. Like Cookie said, just let me know the specifics....

Need 1 more for group buy and I'll get the ball rolling. Kayakin boy didn't say he was "definitely" in for a fiver, so we'll see.

Raffles will be for Humidor (grand prize). DVD box set, 1 season, I think (second prize). Hat (third prize). Unless anyone disagrees.

Nice job taking on the group buy, Jeff. I can't get in on this one, though. :)

cookie_1978 ------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
Double D ----------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
Dsav101 ------------ 5er ----- CONFIRMED
Garvey ------------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
jlada ---------------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
KayakinBoy -------- 3er ----- CONFIRMED
Rebel Herfer ------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
theHatguy ---------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
Wurm --------------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED

One 5 pack left. Anyone?

In a PM from smoke76:

"The postage will be $9.00. It comes with 48 Tony Limited cigars, A hat, and Season 6 DVD of the Sopranos, oh and the Humidor"

So, the posted price of 699 + 9 = $708.

708 / 48 = $14.75
$14.75 x 5 = $73.75
$73.75 + $4.60 = $78.35

So, I need $78.35 by MO/check (if you've been around awhile/dealt with me) for your fivers. I need $80.70 if you decide to pay me online, which I will accept.
Kayakinboy, I will need $48.85 for your 3 pack [(14.75 x 3) + 4.60]. Or, $50.32 online, which I will accept.

Raffle is set in stone at:

1st Prize: Humidor! (some help with shipping to you would be nice... I'll ship it w/ your cigars)
2nd Prize: Season 6 DVD set
3rd Prize: Hat

Odds of winning humidor: 10.4% for 5ers, 6.25% for Kayakin.
Odds of winning DVD set (assuming a 5er wins the humidor): 11.6% for 5ers, 6.98% for Kayakin.
Odds of winning hat (assuming a 5er wins both 1st/2nd): 13.2% for 5ers, 9.09% for Kayakin.
If Kayakin wins either the first or second raffle, the odds for a 5er winning the next raffle prizes decreases by .5%

The raffle (if everyone is ok with this method) will work alphabetizing our aliases on this site, which I have already done up top. It would be so much easier to assign everyone one raffle ticket instead of 5, but since Kayakinboy has a three pack, we can't give him 3/5ths of a ticket. Yes, he does have less of an investment than the rest of us, but he also has less of a chance of winning the prizes. Mathematically, it makes sense; he gets the same odds of a favorable return on investment that we do, with equal probability and chance for gain.

Anyway, the first person in alphabetical order will get assigned 1-5. The next 6-10, etc. So, everyone gets assigned 5 (or 3, in Kayakin's case) numbers. Then, hopefully I can employ Rod's (or someones) help with:

RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR

The "random number generator" (there's really no such thing, but, being realistic, it makes things a lot simpler than drawing stuff out of a hat) picks your number, you win. Rod, or whoever, will generate one number at a time with a range of 1-48. This number wins first prize. Everyone is then reassigned numbers, again, in alphabetical order, and a random number is generated between 1-43 (or 1-45 if Kayakin wins 1st). This number wins second. The same method is then done for third.

As soon as we get all 48 cigars spoken for and EVERYONE lets me know their money is in the mail (I don't have to receive it) or pays me online, I'll have this ordered and shipped to me.

Editted: Changed prize selection methodology to avoid same person being picked twice & selected a better "true" random number generator.

Jlada, will be sending your money out tomorrow. Not sure yet which way I will be paying yet though. I have to see what the wife says. :)

Jeff - just dropped your payment in the mail. Please let me know when it arrives. Thanks for putting this together. Rob

Confirmed.

PM sent re: payment. Just let me know.

Thanks so much for coordinating this buy!

drn

Double D and I will be sending you a combined MO from us. I'll let him handle the shipping cost and addy details with you since you'll be shipping both 5ers to him.

Thanks for doing this,

Shawn

Odds of winning DVD set (assuming a 5er wins the humidor): 11.6% for 5ers, 6.98% for Kayakin.
Odds of winning hat (assuming a 5er wins both 1st/2nd): 13.2% for 5ers, 9.09% for Kayakin.
If Kayakin wins either the first or second raffle, the odds for a 5er winning the next raffle prizes decreases by .5%

The raffle (if everyone is ok with this method) will work alphabetizing our aliases on this site, which I have already done up top. It would be so much easier to assign everyone one raffle ticket instead of 5, but since Kayakinboy has a three pack, we can't give him 3/5ths of a ticket. Yes, he does have less of an investment than the rest of us, but he also has less of a chance of winning the prizes. Mathematically, it makes sense; he gets the same odds of a favorable return on investment that we do, with equal probability and chance for gain.

How about I drop myself out of the drawing to avoid any drama that might occur. :thumbs:

How about I drop myself out of the drawing to avoid any drama that might occur. :thumbs:

You bought a share just like everyone else. I don't see a need for you to drop.

Point taken. I'll keep my mouth shut. :D :laugh:

A slight typo was made in the first post on page one regarding price. I had it as "$77.81 + (original shipping/48) + 4.60 shipping)". It was SUPPOSED to read $72.81. How did no one call me on this?

If you have already mailed $77.81 + $4.60 = $82.41, or some other amount for that matter, I'll fix it with you on a case by case basis. My bad on the typo (and shame on you all for not double checking! haha!).

The price for a 5er SHOULD BE $78.35, including all shipping.

Edit: GB over. By some fluke, Tone-NY won all the cigars, humi, DVD, hat, your first born, your wife, and a spot in your living will. Please mail payment to him.

Edit 2: Still need 1 more person for a fiver to complete the GB, I don't need 10 of these! :D

Alrighty.

In attempt to attract a final spot in the GB (and repair my impending CC doom :D), I've decided to bow out of the raffle and let a BOTL win it. Everyone has been ridiculously generous to me, and it's time to PIF. Jonesy's blind fiver that I received today really got me in the spirit.

I was originally in it for the chance to win the humi, but when all is said and done... I have a giant desk humi, a couple coolers, and a locker. I'm a huge fan of the show, but I own all the DVD box sets, and I've seen it all several times through. Oh, and I never wear hats... so... lol. Best of luck to you all!

I'll go ahead and take care of the raffle and will make sure everyone gets all prizes/cigars. If you win, I'll send you both in 1 package.

I'm still in for my fiver.

Fine, I guess I'll play. Count me in.
Chris

You are not allowed in my GB. You beat me in poker.

KYBEZE6RQNRCZKX4N3FIESN2WSL2GXV7.jpg

All done here gents. GB status is go.

cookie_1978 ------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
Double D ----------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
Dsav101 ------------ 5er ----- CONFIRMED
Garvey ------------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
jlada ---------------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
KayakinBoy -------- 3er ----- CONFIRMED
Rebel Herfer ------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
theHatguy ---------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
verhoevc ----------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED
Wurm --------------- 5er ----- CONFIRMED

All done here gents. GB status is go.

The order will be shipped out on Tuesday Morning. Thanks a lot guy's.

Reminder, I still have one more left :whistling:

George

sent ya $160 today may take a week or so mail is sometimes slow but not always.