• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casting Call: Tabacos de la Cordillera Cigars Taste Test

Puriscal, yuck! I've smoked a couple of these things(I believe, the silver)and I was extremely disapointed! It will be interesting to see what a few of you guys have to say about these! The construction was good but the flavor was hideous. I thought maybe it was me so I smoked a second one( a friend of ours bought a sampler)and I got the same results! Good luck guys.

Smoky,

That's interesting indeed. In speaking with the TdlC folks, they told me that the Silver must be smoked slowly and in small puffs. None of their other cigars must be smoked in this way, just the Cumbres de Puriscal Silver.

I've also learned that the Purisco line (consisting of the Rojo and Azul blends) will be adding a new, oliy, rich and dark blend called the Negro. If this review of the Cumbres de Puriscal goes well, we'll be offered an opportunity to conduct another group review of the Purisco line.

Wilkey

Good stuff all around, can't wait to read up on the reviews! Thanks for setting it all up Wilkey.

Instructions on how to smoke a cigar, that's very interesting. :D I wish I would have been told that before I smoked it. I think you guys are going to dig these. They are put together as well as a Davidoff! I would be interested in smoking the others.

My curiousity is peaked! Thanks for doing this, Wilkey. I think I may have to order one of these samplers after reading all of the info on their website. Can't wait to see the reviews come in. :thumbs:

Well done Wilkey, your threads always have surprises :)

If you are still in the throws of selection, I would be an interested participant but as you know I'm in my motor home on the road. I'll be back +- 8/26, perhaps earlier if we get board. Let me know if this works.

Brian

Wilkey I just ordered a couple of boxes of these a month ago and have be anxiously awaiting their arrival. I found this thread last night and the cigars arrived today. Can't wait to try them but I have to. Be patient, it takes awhile for them to get through customs for some reason. The initial impression is very favorable, the smell is intoxicating.
I'll be following your reviews and luckily I get to play along.

Nice work setting this up, Wilkey! I look forward to reading the reviews.

In speaking with the TdlC folks, they told me that the Silver must be smoked slowly and in small puffs.

Huh. This technique sounds vaguely familiar... Got Entreactos? ;)

Bumped to welcome my fellow reviewers on this project!

1. Ginseng
2. Blinded By Science
3. jus10
4. Mr. Peat
5. Smokelaw1

Congratulations to all. You have demonstrated a matrix of great qualities. You love cigars, are able to articulate what you smoke and have a good palate.

Wilkey

Thanks for picking me Wilkey. I am looking forward to reviewing these smokes as I like to try new things. :D

Why do I think these are going to be crap?
Can't wait to hear!
T :cool:

I have had the website in my favorites for a long time now and have been meaning to grab a sampler of all there cigar types but have yet to do so.
Over at another forum Dr.Stogiefresh did a review of one and it was a very good review with positive detailed remarks.

I recently grabbed one in a box pass and will review for you after she rests for a couple weeks.

Thanks for bringing this up Ginseng,it's great to share some new stuff and read various remarks and input.

I was not able to find any reviews on these yet. Were these reviews posted?

I was not able to find any reviews on these yet. Were these reviews posted?

They have all been silenced by the taste of these cigars.
Get well soon guys! :laugh:

Brian

I imagine the cigars should be arriving any day now. Dale Scott sent me a copy of his book from Costa Rica and it just got here. As soon as the sticks get here, I'll send them out and let everyone know.

Wilkey

Sounds like great fun. If you need more people for next round please consider me. :thumbs: