• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casting Call: Tabacos de la Cordillera Cigars Taste Test

No rush Wilkey, i am excited for the results!

Easy for you to say - you've only been here 3 weeks! :laugh: Some of us have been following along since early August 2006. I am sure Wilkey will make it worth the wait though...

I say we case his house and steal the reviews.

Any co-conspirators? :laugh:

I say we case his house and steal the reviews.

Any co-conspirators? :laugh:
Steve,

Would you be up to smoking three cigars and giving me your reviews? If so, I think we're going to be at the HH againg this Thursday and I could give you the set then.

Wilkey

Wilkey? Anything going on?
IIRC, I wrote one or two thoughtful reviews, and one not quite as useful, yet witty and enjoyable to write/read review on these. Would love to see what others thought.

Sum it up in one sentence. Some of the worst cigars one can smoke. Especially the ones that we originally got with the mold in it. I personally picked one of these up back in Oct 2005 when I was in Costa Rica. It was one of the most unusual cigars I've ever come across. The first 1/2 of it was ok and then thats when it took an express lane heading South. :(

The taste is very unique and I can't even describe it but once it turns South, its like a horror story come true.

Sum it up in one sentence. Some of the worst cigars one can smoke. Especially the ones that we originally got with the mold in it. I personally picked one of these up back in Oct 2005 when I was in Costa Rica. It was one of the most unusual cigars I've ever come across. The first 1/2 of it was ok and then thats when it took an express lane heading South. :(

The taste is very unique and I can't even describe it but once it turns South, its like a horror story come true.

Not to spoil my own review, but I can attempt to describe it: DIRT.

I've been dragging my feet because these cigars were just not that compelling. I'm thinking I will just post the reviews in a new thread and have done with it.

Wilkey

Not to spoil my own review, but I can attempt to describe it: DIRT.

Well, the first thought to describe it was a jock strap that had been used for an entire football season that was never washed. Then used as a filter for a coffee pot. :laugh:

In other words, the original sticks was a complete and utter bust. I'd rather smoke a Moontrance again than one of those sticks Wilkey sent out to us. :laugh:

Damn...after all the wait...after all the build-up...I feel a bit cheated. Lol.

Thanks for the reviews and the effort brothers. :thumbs:

Much as I suspected...all their overblown claims and marketing was just good old fashioned BS :laugh:

Yeah,

Sorry for the big anticlimax. I had a second round of tastings done here in Delaware and the general concensus was that they were mild, pleasant, but otherwise unremarkable.

Just goes to show, even though the seed stock may be the same as what produced the legendary cigars of the 50's-70's, the terroir is a powerful factor. Perhaps even more powerful than the genotype itself.

Wilkey

Puriscal, yuck! I've smoked a couple of these things(I believe, the silver)and I was extremely disappointed! It will be interesting to see what a few of you guys have to say about these! The construction was good but the flavor was hideous. I thought maybe it was me so I smoked a second one( a friend of ours bought a sampler)and I got the same results! Good luck guys.
:whistling:
I thought I had a clue as to reason you hadn't posted the reviews! You still have a way with words my friend so they should be very interesting to read. :thumbs: