• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coffee: What Are You Drinking This Morning

Wich frenc press you got there Slick?

For my part I have an old Cremina expresson machine (1977) that works like a charm and brew some awesome coffee.

The Bodum Chambord. Was actually an Xmas gift but the coffee I was given with in was pre-ground and ground too finely, so I've yet to use it.

Nice gift man !

(someone like you very much)

Let us know how it does when you have your coffee!

Been enjoying the heck out of some Pigs Eye Blend via French Press. For some reason it seemed to have no flavor with drip. Tried it press for shits and giggles. Wow!

Just had a couple evening cups of a Snickernut cookie blend from my local grocery store.

I highly suggest finding Guatemalan Pacmara......... Get it roasted to Full City if you have a source. You won't be disappointed. 

Fresh ground Costa Rica through the drip machine. Going to do a pot in the press to see if it really opens up.

Good through the drip, but I think I'll kick up in the press.

Ferkondenster said:
Death Wish Coffee.  Black.
How is it?
I'm a big fan of the coffee...that said I should disclose that I have some friends who are involved with this business through Saratoga Coffee Traders.  Admittedly it might not be the best tasting cup of java you've ever had, but it's much better than most.  And the caffeine kick is certainly noticeable when you need a boost in the morning of the afternoon.  My office is hooked on this stuff.  

I should add that the Death Wish is much more bold when made with a press rather than drip.

jfields said:
Been enjoying the heck out of some Pigs Eye Blend via French Press. For some reason it seemed to have no flavor with drip. Tried it press for shits and giggles. Wow!
This is actually a what I always do. I've had some not shine at all dripped which shine when pressed. It is worth the effort to experiment. One became my favorite years ago.

I've been trying to find a new favorite since mine was discontinued. Best luck so far has been with Guatemalan beans. Seem to have the depth of flavor and complexity I love, even though it is a single region. Might try mixing in some African and Pacific beans to see if I can get more complexity. 

Also, thanks to jfields for the lead, will definitely seek those Guatemalan Pacmara out.

Costa Rican fair trade I picked up at BJ's Wholesale Club. It's pretty good, taste fine from the drip maker.