• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP’s Cigars 201-2 Pass

If someone overputs for a cigar it doesn't devalue their put. If I put a casa lancero for a white owl you still can't put a 1 dollar smoke and take the casa

I haven't been researching every T/P like I should be, my bad there. Searching that Gloriosos I couldn't find one for less than $26? Anyone else? Had no idea they were that much. Helluva put for a Sir Winnie! I'm finding the Duke around $18, anyone else?

First I must say that I already sent the pass to Gavin based on Greg okaying my puts last night. If I need to make something right on this I certainly can and will.

I actually never found pricing myself I used the value of the put from the earlier guy. I did that on a couple of my prices, as i could not find them online.

Like I said if I need to do something about this just let me know what and I can send it along after the fact.

PJ

I haven't been researching every T/P like I should be, my bad there. Searching that Gloriosos I couldn't find one for less than $26? Anyone else? Had no idea they were that much. Helluva put for a Sir Winnie! I'm finding the Duke around $18, anyone else?

The Gloriosos are one of my favorite regionals -- the $26-/stick price is definitely what's out there at most vendors. However, there is a vendor selling boxes for around $80- Euro; and that's where I buy them. :thumbs:

EDIT: Double checked -- the pricing I quoted should have been in pounds (not Euro), but at 80 pounds for a 10-count box, that's about $12.60/stick. Also, the vendor I referenced has raised their pricing to 90 pounds when I check this morning, or about $14.16/stick.

Without getting into sources:

5206285821_270e7b9239_z.jpg

First I must say that I already sent the pass to Gavin based on Greg okaying my puts last night. If I need to make something right on this I certainly can and will.

I actually never found pricing myself I used the value of the put from the earlier guy. I did that on a couple of my prices, as i could not find them online.

Like I said if I need to do something about this just let me know what and I can send it along after the fact.

PJ

Since the pass is already gone, we'll leave it as is. I again will say it's my bad for okaying without doing the research.

All:

There are a good many sticks put in with the price paid when it should be what it's value is today. Pricing can be found if looked for online, and if it's not online then there are many out there that can help give a rough estimate. Please make sure you research the pricing on both the Take and the Put, ensuring they are equal or better.

Edit to add:

I went through and researched the pricing on these T/P. This was finding at least three sites with box/singles pricing and then averaging. Again, since I didn't research this before hand and okayed it, these will stand.

T: #42 Davidoff Puro D'Oro $14.72 - These matched the pricing on Cigarcyclopedia
P: #78 Padron 1964 Torpedo $15.70

Take #41 LGC Gloriosa RE UK $14.00 - $28.11
Put #79 Romeo Y Julieta RE Duke 2009 $14.00 - $13.38 (this is actually an EL, not RE)

T: #65 San Cristobal Lancero $8.10 - $6.94
P: #80 Illusione 42/G $8.00 - $8.44

T: #57 SLR Pacifico RE Asia $14.00 - $18.96
P: #81 RA Celestial Fino $14.00 - $10.67

Since the Pass is on its way, here's my first attempt:

71. Take Illusione MJ12 8.35 Comparison Shopper/Put Oliva MB3 Churchill Online Average about 8.00 (Not on the Comparison Shopper)
44. Take SCDLH El Principe 4.41 CS/Put PLPC EMA NOV '08 4.08 CS
45. Take Cuaba Divinos 4.67 CS/Put HDM A/T Coronations Dic '07 4.34 CS
80. Take Illusione 4/2G 8.44 CS/Put La Aurora 1495 Belicoso 9.36 CS

I imagine this next one will be the most contentious. If people don't think it's even, no big deal:

#79 Take Romeo Y Julieta EL Duke 2009 $14.00 - $13.38/Put H. Upmann Monarch SCU Nov '00 (Current production Monarchs are 12.00 per CS)

I heard someone, I believe grateful1, suggest a 3% increase in value for years age over 3. Here's my math on this: 3% * 7 (years old over 3) = 21%. 121% of 12 = 14.52.
Let's hear what y'all think.

Since the Pass is on its way, here's my first attempt:

71. Take Illusione MJ12 8.35 Comparison Shopper/Put Oliva MB3 Churchill Online Average about 8.00 (Not on the Comparison Shopper)
44. Take SCDLH El Principe 4.41 CS/Put PLPC EMA NOV '08 4.08 CS
45. Take Cuaba Divinos 4.67 CS/Put HDM A/T Coronations Dic '07 4.34 CS

I imagine this next one will be the most contentious. If people don't think it's even, no big deal:

#79 Take Romeo Y Julieta EL Duke 2009 $14.00 - $13.38/Put H. Upmann Monarch SCU Nov '00 (Current production Monarchs are 12.00 per CS)

I heard someone, I believe grateful1, suggest a 3% increase in value for years age over 3. Here's my math on this: 3% * 7 (years old over 3) = 21%. 121% of 12 = 14.52.
Let's hear what y'all think.

The Cuaba I'm getting $4.91, the put is a bit light on that one. There was only one site listed on CS for the Monarch, so did a search on several others and came up with $10.28, which if using that calculation comes to $12.44.

I'm heading out for the day, but I'll rework these when I get home tonight!

I returned from my day out and about to find the pass on my doorstep! It seems like it's still in good shape, though I imagine PJ had to pay $5 extra in shipping with all the tape he put on it!

Here's my revised T/P's:
44. Take SCDLH El Principe 4.41 CS/Put HDM A/T Coronations Dic '07 4.34 CS (closer in price)
Put Casa Fernandez Arsenio - One of my go-to smokes and very reasonably priced.

Also, LarryH's JLP's are down to one and it's a great idea, so I'm going to throw in a couple of PLPC's into the JLP carton for people to take one if they've never tried them.
Awaiting final approval, then I'll say Aloha to this box on Monday morning and send it to Hawaii!

ETA: I'm finding some numbering discrepancies. I'm going to try to figure this out, but I can't find the MJ12 for the life of me.
ETAA: Found the MJ12, but looks like a whole bunch of number variations.

I think I found the original source of the problem here. PhatCat's Takes and Puts never got updated on the first page and it's throwing the numbering off. I think it might be simpler for you, Greg, to change it on your end. If it's tough to change, let me know, and I'll shuffle things around on my end. Here's what I have for numbering, starting with B.Dawgson:
66 - Tat T110 - BDawgson - Put
67 - Anejo 55 - BDawgson - Put
68 - Anejo 49 - BDawgson - Put
69 LFD DL Chisel - BDawgson - Put / PhatCat - Take
70 Epernay La Elegance - PhatCat - Put
71 Fuente Don Carlos #2 - PhatCat - Put
72 Anejo 55 - PhatCat - Put
73 Edge Sumatra OR - Modo22 - Put
74 GOF Piramide - Modo22 - Put
75 Illusione MJ12 - Modo22 - Put
76 Monte #2 - Modo22 - Put
77 Tat Face - Modo22 - Put
78 Padron 1964 Torpedo - Par 3 - Put
79 R&J Duke - Par 3 - Put
80 Illusione 4/2G - Par 3 - Put
81 RA Celestiales Fino - Par3 - Put.

I think I found the original source of the problem here. PhatCat's Takes and Puts never got updated on the first page and it's throwing the numbering off. I think it might be simpler for you, Greg, to change it on your end. If it's tough to change, let me know, and I'll shuffle things around on my end. Here's what I have for numbering, starting with B.Dawgson:

Appreciate the information Gavin, info has been updated. Everything looks good. I did search the MB3 and adjusted the pricing based on a good many sites out there.

44. T) SCDLH El Principe - $4.41
82. P) HDM A/T Coronations DIC07 - $4.34

71. T) Illusione MJ12 - $8.35
83. P) Oliva MB3 Churchill - $8.52

80. T) Illusione 4/2G - $8.44
84. P) La Aurora 1495 Belicoso - $9.36

P) Casa Fernandez Arsenio

Appreciate the information Gavin, info has been updated. Everything looks good. I did search the MB3 and adjusted the pricing based on a good many sites out there.

44. T) SCDLH El Principe - $4.41
82. P) HDM A/T Coronations DIC07 - $4.34

71. T) Illusione MJ12 - $8.35
83. P) Oliva MB3 Churchill - $8.52

80. T) Illusione 4/2G - $8.44
84. P) La Aurora 1495 Belicoso - $9.36

P) Casa Fernandez Arsenio

Is the above bolded trade a little over weight on the put side? IMO, almost a dollar difference is too much.

LA 1495 is another one that can be definitely had for less. I got my box from the Devil's site, and didn't pay 9.36 a stick, that's for sure!
I'm ready to send this out any time once I get the official go-ahead.

LA 1495 is another one that can be definitely had for less. I got my box from the Devil's site, and didn't pay 9.36 a stick, that's for sure!

Ship 'r out Gavin, you're all good to go. Great job with the pass, thanks for joining in!

On its way to Hawaii! Thanks for letting me join. This was my first pass, and I gained a new respect for all the research involved. Great job hosting, Greg!

Just got wind from Gavin that it's headed my way for some much needed sun and warm weather! :laugh:
Okay, maybe not the warm weather.

I am on duty today and will paste some P/T tomorrow. I did write down the prices so thanks all you previous "students" for crunching the numbers for the rest of us.

I'm trying to figure out how close I am to the on deck circle, and the list of participants paints a different picture for me (unless the Hawaii and/or Texas dots represent multiple passers) than the map does.

Little help?

14 - Par 3 cigars
15 - Gavin
16 - 4cbin3
17 - Wavescrashing
18 - investandprosper
19 - Redraider
20 - The Green Monkey
21 - nashkicker
22 - Whopper

Map-1.jpg

Also, a reminder for whoever will be receiving the pass before me--I'm offering a bounty on a container of these little buggers. Click the gray arrow in the quote box for more details...

f anybody who has yet to receive the pass should happen to see Diamond Sandwich Picks at their local grocery store, if you'd pick up a container of them for me and just toss them into the pass box, I'll gladly PP you for your troubles.

048789162304.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how close I am to the on deck circle, and the list of participants paints a different picture for me (unless the Hawaii and/or Texas dots represent multiple passers) than the map does.

Little help?

14 - Par 3 cigars
15 - Gavin
16 - 4cbin3
17 - Wavescrashing
18 - investandprosper
19 - Redraider
20 - The Green Monkey
21 - nashkicker
22 - Whopper

Map-1.jpg

Also, a reminder for whoever will be receiving the pass before me--I'm offering a bounty on a container of these little buggers. Click the gray arrow in the quote box for more details...

f anybody who has yet to receive the pass should happen to see Diamond Sandwich Picks at their local grocery store, if you'd pick up a container of them for me and just toss them into the pass box, I'll gladly PP you for your troubles.

048789162304.jpg

I've got all the Hawaii dudes piled into one, not sure if they're all going to do a herf type hand off or if shipping will be involved. Need some input from them on that. Once we get that info, can figure up approximately the timeline.

Aloha bruddahs! Whatcha gonna do? :D

Sorry for the late reply Greg, I am getting the pass from Gavin and I spoke to Mike/Wavescrashing and we will do a handoff/herf when i'm done with my P/T's.

Here are some P/Ts for consideration guys,

17. Casa Fuente corona gorda $29- TAKE
82. Casa Fuente Belicoso $29?- PUT (I can't match this with any other maker in my humi other than a different size. No sense getting back your own cigars, eh? )

51. Arturo Fuente Queen B $5.25- TAKE
86. CAO LX lancero $5.89 - PUT

53. Tatuaje RC 184 $16.50 - TAKE
87. Winston Churchill Marrakesh $17.07 - PUT

56. LFD Ligero Mysterio $11.00 - TAKE
88. Liga Privada Dirty Rat $11.42 - PUT

58. Oliva Serie V Maduro $8.00 - TAKE
89. Nosotros Corona Larga $8.75 - PUT

71. Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No.2 $10.57 - TAKE
90. Illusione 2010 Singulare $10.99 - PUT

83. Oliva MB3 Churchill $8.52 - TAKE
91. Illusione Cruzado Marela $8.95 - PUT

84. La Aurora 1495 Belicoso $9.36 - TAKE
92. Viaje Perfecto Squared Oro $9.50 - PUT (I could only find 2 vendors that sold this, so I averaged both of them)

Dave