• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP 2015 13 Run Pool Full

Charley said:
Ok, I just signed up in the pool and I want two teams. Not sure what I need to do to sign up for two teams so let me know. I will send the following sticks:

2 Tatuaje Bon Chasseur
2 Tatuaje Cojonu 2006
2 Padron 1964 Monarca Maduro
Go to the link My Pool Memberships in the top right.  There you will see a link to create another team.  Follow the prompts through there.  

Done: (2) spots taken

jsm11weld(A)
jsm11weld(B)

Will edit this post with stick selection this evening....

:thumbs:
Sticks:
Illusione MC Slam
Jericho Hilly - Willy Lee
Norteno - Toro
Tatuaje Lancero
Tatuaje Lancero
Tatuaje Cabiguan Lancero

My 6:
2 Partagas Serie D no4
2 Reinado Grand Empire Reserve Ecuador Edicion Limitada Petite Lancero
2 Herrera Esteli Short Corona Gorda

Signed up:
Cmontoya79(A)
Cmontoya79(B)

Sticks will likely fly early/mid next week.

C

My sticks (6):
* 2 tatuaje J-21 Reserva
* 2 Partagas Serie D #4
* 2 Zino Platinum Z-Class 546 P

I will ship to the World's best baseball town Friday.

Can some tell me how we're determining the $8 min cost. The last pass I was in we used three specified vendors to find the average cost.

thinde said:
Can some tell me how we're determining the $8 min cost. The last pass I was in we used three specified vendors to find the average cost.

Copied this directly from a pass, if it is ok please let me know.  For CC's if there are any questions please send me a PM.

Out 3 sources are : 
http://www.smokeinn.com/

http://www.holts.com/home.html

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/

http://www.seriouscigars.com/   (to be used only if a price can't be found in one of the above 3)

http://www.famous-smoke.com/  (to be used only if a price can't be found in one of the above 3)

When looking up a price, say it's for a My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto, Get a BOX price from each of the three vendors and divide by the number of cigars in the box. When you've done that for all three, you divide the single prices by three and that's the value that will be used.

Example:
Holt's box $143.95/23 cigars per box = single price of $6.26
Smoke Inn $142.95/23 cigars per box = single price of $6.22
CI box $144.50/23 cigars per box = single price of $6.28

Add the 3 single prices together and divide by 3 and we have a set value of $6.25 for a My Father Le Bijou Petite Robusto.
Simple as that!

oke&coke said:
Ok, I just signed up in the pool and I want two teams. Not sure what I need to do to sign up for two teams so let me know. I will send the following sticks:

2 Tatuaje Bon Chasseur
2 Tatuaje Cojonu 2006
2 Padron 1964 Monarca Maduro
Go to the link My Pool Memberships in the top right.  There you will see a link to create another team.  Follow the prompts through there.  
Oh.......ok, got it. Thanks brother.

golfgar said:

Copied this directly from a pass, if it is ok please let me know.  For CC's if there are any questions please send me a PM.

Out 3 sources are : 
http://www.smokeinn.com/

http://www.holts.com/home.html

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/

http://www.seriouscigars.com/   (to be used only if a price can't be found in one of the above 3)

http://www.famous-smoke.com/  (to be used only if a price can't be found in one of the above 3)

When looking up a price, say it's for a My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto, Get a BOX price from each of the three vendors and divide by the number of cigars in the box. When you've done that for all three, you divide the single prices by three and that's the value that will be used.

Example:
Holt's box $143.95/23 cigars per box = single price of $6.26
Smoke Inn $142.95/23 cigars per box = single price of $6.22
CI box $144.50/23 cigars per box = single price of $6.28

Add the 3 single prices together and divide by 3 and we have a set value of $6.25 for a My Father Le Bijou Petite Robusto.
Simple as that!

Thanks Larry that clears it up.

CMontoya79 said:
My 6:
2 Partagas Serie D no4
2 Reinado Grand Empire Reserve Ecuador Edicion Limitada Petite Lancero
2 Herrera Esteli Short Corona Gorda
Per freindly suggestion by a fellow BOTL, going to swap out the 2 HE short corona gorda. I'll post the replacements soon.

C

Ok as to keep it on a boutique unique tip...
2 Panacea Red 760 from flatbed cigar co.
These will replace the 2 HE short corona gorda.

C

Someone please correct me if I'm wronge. If your cigars don't show up on one of the FIVE (5) approved sites listed.......they don't qualify!

Here is my submissions.  Let me know if my any don't look ok.

1. Oliva Serie V Maduro 2011 LE
2. Oliva Serie V Maduro 2014 LE
3. Aging Room Quattro F55 Maestro
4. La Sirena King Poseiden
5. Tatuaje Black Label Corona Gorda
6. Room 101 Master Coll. One Mutante

thinde said:
Someone please correct me if I'm wronge. If your cigars don't show up on one of the FIVE (5) approved sites listed.......they don't qualify!
I will let golfgar chime in on this. As I don't see anything in OP or later that states sticks are limited to those from the sites listed. If an issue, I will gladly replace the reinados and panacea.

C

I agree C, the final decision is Golfgar's and I'll abide by whatever he says. Last year I disagreed with Big Jake when he suggested everyone state their sticks for approval. I thought it was a little insulting, I'm a grown up and I live by my word . Well Big Jake.......I apologize! 

I've been participating in this type of contest from day one and have only won a couple times and those times were where the sticks were sent to me by an opposing player not the host and I was never disappointed. The last couple of contest I've been in; I've paid much more attention to the cigars being won and have been amazed at what some people call Premium Cigars. At first I though maybe it was some of the newer members (not for nothing oke & coke but although I did find everything but the Oliva, and they do price out,....you won't find any of those cigars in my rotation!) but obviously its not just newer guys. It's pretty obvious my opinion of Premium difference from others. I don't want to offend anyone but I'd like this subject to be get discussed openly.

Participating in this or not; all are welcome to tell me if they think I'm out in left field on this subject.  

Ok...sticks have been shipped 9505511017295058306868.

Line up is: 2 Partagas Serie D #4, 2 Zino Platinum Z class 546P, 1 Tatuaje J-21 Reserva, and 1 Tatuaje Monster Jekyll.

We discussed the Partagas and the others are above from my accounts. If any discrepancies, let me know and I will send additionals.

Go Cardinals
thinde said:
I agree C, the final decision is Golfgar's and I'll abide by whatever he says. Last year I disagreed with Big Jake when he suggested everyone state their sticks for approval. I thought it was a little insulting, I'm a grown up and I live by my word . Well Big Jake.......I apologize! 

I've been participating in this type of contest from day one and have only won a couple times and those times were where the sticks were sent to me by an opposing player not the host and I was never disappointed. The last couple of contest I've been in; I've paid much more attention to the cigars being won and have been amazed at what some people call Premium Cigars. At first I though maybe it was some of the newer members (not for nothing oke & coke but although I did find everything but the Oliva, and they do price out,....you won't find any of those cigars in my rotation!) but obviously its not just newer guys. It's pretty obvious my opinion of Premium difference from others. I don't want to offend anyone but I'd like this subject to be get discussed openly.

Participating in this or not; all are welcome to tell me if they think I'm out in left field on this subject.
You are in centerfield...spot on.

Barring any comments, these will be in the mail...If the group could please provide their approval or GolfGar since he's running the event...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12474]

• Jericho Hill - Willy Lee
  • Norteno - Toro
  • Illusione - MC Slam
  • Tatuaje Lancero - Selection de Cazador (Brown Label)
  • Tatuaje Lancero - Havana VI (Red Label)
  • Tatuaje Lancero - Cabiguan

thinde said:

I don't think you are wrong, I can say that much. Premium will always be subjective and prices will always be going up. Still being new to this, I do have much to learn and welcome instruction from the more seasoned people here. Feel free to pm any concerns.

thinde said:

I would say your opinion of Premium should not be based on what you smoke, or whether they are in your rotation. Nor should your joy in the contest be based solely on receiving sticks you only want to smoke. (Based on that logic, I only want Monte. No.2's and sticks rolled on the thighs of Gloria) :love:   

I think that overall, it should be about the interaction, and experiencing sticks others like to smoke....Not everyone smokes the same sticks...

Premium...on this site is defined as $8.00 or above box price....Going on an average of $24 sticks a box the limit is right about $200 a box.  Seems simple to me...

With that said, there are many...many sticks int he $8 range that I find quite terrible...So I understand...

I will comment that I came in 2nd in the NFL Pool this year and was quite pleased with what arrived on my end, Chester provided me with a nice selection.  I'm sure Paul would say the same.

None of this is meant as an insult, just conversation.  

Ultimately I think the key to an even playing field, is posting a picture of your sticks, it takes 30 sends to snap one, upload, and gain approval from the group.  This eliminates all misunderstandings and assures the winners receive what was initially delivered (not meant as a slight here on CP).  And I should add, if you have an off the wall, wonky cigar that the group feels is not worthy, despite meeting the $8 minimum to be flexible and adjust so that we may all play well in the sandbox.