• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Anglers

Do you fish?

• Yes, fresh water only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, salt water only.

• Yes, brackish water only.

• Yes, both fresh and salt.

• No.

• Total voters
No - but been there. I was active in the SAL (Son's of the American Legion) and we had a yearly conference/beer bust there one year!

I grew up mainly up in Whatcom county - Blaine (right on the B.C. border) and Bellingham. But spent a lot of time in Seattle, Anacortes (entry point to the San Juan Islands), Friday Harbor, Oak Harbor and Winslow amongst others. Yes, we moved aorund a lot - one of the benefits of living on a boat - it is a lot easier to move LOL.

Sam

Ah,

I wish I had the patience for fishing. I used to fish for brook trout, when I was a kid. I live about a tenth of a mile from one of the best trout streams in Connecticut, the Natchaug River.

I still have friends who go opening day every year who keep throwing the darn fish BACK. I LOVE eating trout so I tell my friends to just bring them on over. I went salt water fishing on the Outer Banks in North Carolina a few years ago. All I caught was a friggin' sting ray, geeeeez! oh yeah and a croaker (not too much meat on those so back he went).

Moved to NM because New York is way to expensive to live!! Property tax was $8000.00 A year! My house 3000 sq. ft just under a half million! Out hear the same thing $175000. and property tax $900.00. That and my wife was offered a Directors position at the largest hospital in NM.

Hi Joe,

I live in Connecticut, fortunately not Fairfield County (where your NY tax story is about the average) but we're turing into a welfare state here and it's pathetic.

Can you send me a map on how to get to NM or AZ before I pay $8,000.00 a year in property taxes? At the rate we're going in CT, it'll only be a few years off. so please send it priority mail!!

Bass Fishing 99% of the time and Crappie fishing in the spring !!

Lake Ray Roberts north of Denton is my fav !!

Martin :thumbs:

JOE.M. said:
...That and my wife was offered a Directors position at the largest hospital in NM.
Ahh, I forgot where I asked this :( I know, FOG

A well kept man I see ;)

Put your 3000 sq ft outside of SantaFe and it becomes at minimum $300,000.
General rule of thumb there WAS $100/sq ft. Making a 1000 sq ft matchbox $100K minimum. Shhesh.

Love to fish both fresh and salt. Only problem is work, so I haven't fished for 10 years. Never been more glad to live where I am till I saw the post about values and taxes. 2800 sq ft 115 year old home purchased for a lot less then 100,000.00
and the taxes are 238.00. See guys, livin the the sticks has it's advantages. :p ;)

I purchased my first fishingrod this summer. It was wonderfull to be on the sea and peacefully fishing with friends and a nice smoke :D

One of my best memorys of this summer.

Horse said:
A well kept man I see ;)
Mr Mom!! My friends say I'm going to make a good wife someday! :p

JOE.M. said:
Put your 3000 sq ft outside of SantaFe and it becomes at minimum $300,000.
General rule of thumb there WAS $100/sq ft. Making a 1000 sq ft matchbox $100K minimum. Shhesh.
Right now it's at $92 by me! :0 [/COLOR]

coventrycat86 said:
Can you send me a map on how to get to NM or AZ before I pay $8,000.00 a year in property taxes? At the rate we're going in CT, it'll only be a few years off. so please send it priority mail!!
:thumbs: :p

specks and reds, deadly dudley is artificial bait of choice. Best live bait, cocahoes, shrimp, and the very best is live croakers. Croakers eat speck eggs so they are natural enemies, a speck will eat a croaker that is almost as big as it is.

I'll fish in any water I know is safe to eat the fish out of. It's my favorite thing to do. :thumbs:

living in the great lakes region, there are all sorts of fresh water places to wet the line, but there nothing like fishng on the gulf of mexico for variety and fun. also, my sons and i enjoy lake erie at all times of the year, walleye is good eating! great topic! :cool:

Fish both salt and fresh, biggest fish was a 70 pound King Mackrel in the FL GoM using squid.

Fish almost only freshwater now a days (trout, pike and walleye), and sad to say that I haven't gone fishing in about 2 years.

Plan on going this year though :thumbs:

Since I have relocated back up here to NY I have only fished fresh water but hopefully that'll change this spring when I hit the Atlantic on a few deep sea trips....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I enjoy Saltwater only... I did both as a kid though. I currently have a 17' Ranger Flats Boat that I go into all the creeks off of the Intercoastal Waterway with. I mainly target Redfish, Sea Trout and Flounder. It is a nice way to spend a day with a cigar and a friend!!! :)

Edited for spelling

My cousin and I bass fish out of our 14' johnboat in the pond near our houses. i caught an 8lb bass 2 yrs ago, nothing compared to you guys in the south, where the real bass live, but pretty large for up here.

I do alot of fishing. Rivers and streams most of the time fishing for Trout. I enjoy getting out and walking the streams and rivers enjoying the scenery and dragging in the occassional trout.

The kids have a great time fishing, it's fun too watch them have fun but it can be a pretty rough time for Dad. Most of the time spent baiting/ tying hooks and getting out snags.

Fishing is my biggest addiction and I have been feeding that addiction my entire life. I'm happy to report that I have consistently fished 2 to 3 weekends out of each month for the last 4 years.

I still mainly target the North Palm Beach/ Jupiter area on the West Coast of Florida for Trout, Redfish and Snook. I make about a dozen trips a year between the Keys (Islamorada specifically) for Tarpon and Permit...and over to the 10,000 Islands for mostly Snook and big Reds but also Tarpon and Trout. I usually take one trip a year to Boca Grande for the peak of the Tarpon migration over there but I don't sit in the boat parking lot that is the Boca Grande Pass and bucket drop for the monsters I hire a guide and go hunting for the small schools instead.

As I've offered before...I'm always willing to give information to those interested on doing some fishing while visiting South East and/ or South West Florida including the Tampa Bay area.

I don’t get out as often as I'd like to be we still have a fair amount of walleye that tends to be my favorite catch. I’m actually going ice fishing tonight.