• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP FF 2 2010

Sorry, I watched Brian dominate sweetrice's league...only to win it myself. I'm hoping for a repeat performance here. Its the only thing that keeps me in smokes for the summer months LOL!! :)

Had to bring that up didn't you! All because I sat the wrong guy in the next to last game of the year.

Sorry, with everyone puffing their chest out in here, I couldn't resist! :p

I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels this year...in both leagues. :(
G-

If my opponent this week fields a full roster I will be be very, very disappointed! :rolleyes:

If my opponent this week fields a full roster I will be be very, very disappointed! :rolleyes:

Quit whining! You went from 0-3 to 2-3 because of it! :laugh:

That's my point! My sense of entitlement is that I feel I'm entitled to at least a 2 player handicap every week. :whistling:

But next week I could handicap MY team and still kick your ass! :laugh:

Gary, I saw your post about the point change. I have no idea what the heck happened but it sure pissed me off. Not at you, but it was the only good thing I had going for me this past week. I go to bed knowing I need 3 points to win. I wake up in the morning and hear on the drive in that cincy scored 21 points, so I'm like perfect...just enough points for a win. Then I get to work and check my yahoo app on my phone to see I lost.

That sucked. Big time. :(

Gary, I saw your post about the point change. I have no idea what the heck happened but it sure pissed me off. Not at you, but it was the only good thing I had going for me this past week. I go to bed knowing I need 3 points to win. I wake up in the morning and hear on the drive in that cincy scored 21 points, so I'm like perfect...just enough points for a win. Then I get to work and check my yahoo app on my phone to see I lost.

That sucked. Big time. :(

Like I said, those changes never roll my way. I think I figured out what it was though. It wasn't a change as much as it was a reallocation. Brees didn't play the last few downs, the backup QB did, and he was sacked. The sack however was charged to Brees. When they charged the sack to the backup, Brees' total went up.

Sorry Bro. I sneaked one by ya'. What shocked me was it took me from 7th to 2nd place in the standings. It amazing what one point will do for you in the right circumstance.

G-

Hey Hylan85 - WTF is up?? It doesn't take but 5 minutes a week to get off your ass and make a change or two to your team. If you didn't want to play or just decided to give up on your team because you weren't doing well, you should have never signed up. You haven't made a single change to your team all year and probably haven't even checked in on it since you've had guys on bye weeks in your lineup since the bye weeks started. If something in life came up, you could have at least had the common courtesy to let us know so someone could have managed your team for you in your absense. You make one post saying you were having trouble logging in which seems to me as an excuse post that you could lean on in case someone said something to you about this. Stange how it took you five weeks to realize this and obviously you're still having "trouble".

This may be just a fantasy football league, but it was done publically and is an extension of this board because it was. You leaving your team for dead after the first week is akin to someone responding to an ISO and then never coming through on it leaving that person hanging. Well, you left 9 of us hanging here without so much as a simple post. I hope you realize that this will follow you in any type of transaction that involves commitment here on the board....I'll make sure of that.

Matt, if he's eligle for some prize, I would suggest you have him forfeit his winnings and redistribute them amongst the people who actually gave a shit about this league. He paid his dues, but he certainly doesn't deserve to receive anything. He gave up that right when he left his team for dead after the first week.

Hey Brian,

Good to hear from you. I expressed my inability to login to the league in October and didn't receive any help. I kept receiving messages that I was not registered for the league. Never fear though with your outbursts as motivation I contacted Yahoo and got it worked out this morning.

If someone has advice on how to determine if my roster is ready for the upcoming week and doesn't mind passing it along it would be much appreciated. I've made some roster edits that I believe may satisfy the requirements.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion. I am able to login now and will participate from now on. Brian you've had other dealings with me in the past so you know stating I'm unable to produce is a load of horse shit, however I'm flattered by your commitment.

Hey Brian,

Good to hear from you. I expressed my inability to login to the league in October and didn't receive any help. I kept receiving messages that I was not registered for the league. Never fear though with your outbursts as motivation I contacted Yahoo and got it worked out this morning.

If someone has advice on how to determine if my roster is ready for the upcoming week and doesn't mind passing it along it would be much appreciated. I've made some roster edits that I believe may satisfy the requirements.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion. I am able to login now and will participate from now on. Brian you've had other dealings with me in the past so you know stating I'm unable to produce is a load of horse shit, however I'm flattered by your commitment.

See, that's all you needed to do in the first place. I make a post questioning you leaving your team for dead and within 3 hours, you're back up and running.....maybe I should have posted this a long time ago.

If you didn't receive any help on being able to get back into the league when you posted in October, that's between you and Matt as to why it wasn't taken care of then. Maybe a little extra persistence on your part would have taken care of it. As far as you getting your account taken care of on your own, I'm glad that you'll be able to participate in the last week of the season!

Now, on to the niceties. Yes, Daniel, you and I have transacted in the past and I've never had a problem with you, nor has anyone else it seems. But you know as well as everyone else that actions (or non-action) and appearances lend to a persons opinion of what has happened in a situation more so than the actual facts when the facts were never presented! If you were one of us and saw that one of the guys in the league never once in 12 weeks made a change in their lineup, never once made an acquisition or waiver pickup, never once posted in the league forum once the season got going, and only posted one time in this thread stating you were having problems, would you not think the same thing? Communication is paramount in anything that is done on this board. If you were really interested in being a part of this league, it seems as if you would have been a little more persistent in fixing your log in problem than a single solitary post with no follow up.

See what the rest of us saw for the entire year. See what everyone now sees in your response when your integrity has been called into question. Was your response and roster moves anything more than trying to placate a few of us because of what I said in my earlier post? I'll answer that one for you...No, it wasn't. If it were sincere, it would have only needed to include "I'm sorry guys, I couldn't log onto the league. I asked for help, never got any, and really didn't think anymore of it after that so I just didn't try past then." That would have sufficed for all of us and that would have been the end of it. You leaving your team for dead

By taking the smart-assed and defensive route with your reply just shows everyone that reads this thread that the only reason you even responded was the threat of this following you in future transactions and not for any other reason. Had this been a trade or a deal that you entered into, would you have treated it the same way? Just something for you to ponder and don't come back with "it's not the same thing", because it is. You committed to something here on CP and didn't fulfill your end.

Say what you will to me, but the other 8 guys in this league deserve a sincere apology from you for not following through on your end of your commitment to us all.

Dude, I am sorry but I did say I would look into this but I totally forgot.
Not that there was anything I could do with yahoo to help you.
I had planned to just re send you all the pertinent login info again.
Anyway a simple PM or a post here reminding me would have been helpful.

I can't seem to login, can someone help me figure out which yahoo ID i'm registered there under?

Hylan I'll look into this in the AM I'm sitting in bed now on my iPhone ( an image I'm sure you will not want in your head)

Hey! Thanks a lot, Jonesy! You rattle the guy's cage and he updates his lineup just in time to field a full roster and BEAT ME! :angry:

Man... I wish I had another shot at you just to teach you what fer! :laugh:

Ok Brian, here it is, honest and truthful and if you want to question that then I am out of things to say.

To everyone in the league, Brian basically nailed it on the head. I couldn't login, I had no idea it would affect any of you, I've never even been in a Fantasy League and I pointed that out in the beginning when I joined. The fact that I beat Doc this week because of a few changes I made while on the bus after realizing that my absence was a hindrance on the rest of the league, is almost ridiculous. I spent quite some time trying to figure out just how to make changes on my Droid to even get the changes in.

So to the league, Brian included, I am sorry for that.

Now to Brian, since you made this such a personal affair anything I say will sound defensive, but how else do you want me to react when we both know that I have always upheld my end of a transaction with others, and if I were late I make it a point to both make it up to the person and keep them in the loop. Maybe had you stopped at the WTF comment I could have approached the topic how you described. But if you want to make a personal attack against me and my reputation and to go so far as to try to interfere in my dealings on this board regardless of it's type, then you should expect defensive commentary, anything less would be demeaning. Just food for thought when you try to jump on the "take your licks and move on" train.

Now to Brian, since you made this such a personal affair anything I say will sound defensive, but how else do you want me to react when we both know that I have always upheld my end of a transaction with others, and if I were late I make it a point to both make it up to the person and keep them in the loop. Maybe had you stopped at the WTF comment I could have approached the topic how you described. But if you want to make a personal attack against me and my reputation and to go so far as to try to interfere in my dealings on this board regardless of it's type, then you should expect defensive commentary, anything less would be demeaning. Just food for thought when you try to jump on the "take your licks and move on" train.
First of all Daniel, I never made this a personal attack on you as you say, so show me exactly where it is that I have in either of my two posts and I'll apologize for it. I posted because you fell off the face of the earth when it came to this league and it put us all in a bad spot playing again someone who continually had guys in their lineup that were hurt or on a bye week. It took the competitiveness out of those matchups. This league was a commitment to all of us just like a group buy, box split, or pass. You may not look at it like that, but the other 9 involved do and by you not participating, not communicating, not posting in this thread or the league forum, not asking for help again after Matt forgot about you, how do you expect me to respond to that? Someone needed to say something and me being one of the more outspoken members on this board, did what I tend to do best and that is look after the well being of what goes on here. You may not agree with me or the way I did it, but I just didn't post without thinking first. I looked at it as you bailing on a commitment here at CP so yes, if you hadn't made your posts, I would have had a problem with you in further dealings here regardless of past history. There's an old saying that tends to take precedent around here..."You're only as good as your last fuck up".

You've apologized and explained yourself and I don't have a problem with it anymore and I'm sure everyone else will accept your apology also. At the same time, you do need to "take your licks and move on" though because I was well within my rights in calling you out based on the lack of communication on your part. Re-read the quote below one more time to understand where I was coming from.

. But you know as well as everyone else that actions (or non-action) and appearances lend to a persons opinion of what has happened in a situation more so than the actual facts when the facts were never presented.

I hate to add fuel to the fire, and I post this not as a defense of Dan but rather to point out that there were others who neglected their lineups throughout the season. I won two straight weeks because my opponents failed to field a full roster and it pissed me off. I'd rather lose fair and square than to have someone hand me an unearned victory. I made a joke of it because (despite last year's fluke) I'm a pretty bad FF player. I may field players who earn me no points but the fun of being in FF for me is to juggle your lineup to see what works and maybe knock off one of the league leaders in the process. It's also fun to try to do a little good natured ball-busting, but that gets old when some of the others aren't paying attention. I suppose everyone has their own reasons of playing, and perhaps this league is just an afterthought to some, but I puzzle over why one would want to join and then participate only part way.

Just my 2 cents.

but the fun of being in FF for me is to juggle your lineup to see what works and maybe knock off one of the league leaders in the process.

How's that worked out for you Doc? :laugh:

One of the things I've enjoyed about this league the most is reading your predictions in the weekly "smack talk" areas.

I probably shouldn't have come out as hard on Daniel as I did, and I apologize for that, but I take my FF fairly seriously. I've been doing it for quite a while now and take pride in my knowledge and the amount of research I put into it each year. That's one of the reasons I was so upset that his team was left for dead.

Keep posting your predictions Doc, I missed reading them this past week.

but the fun of being in FF for me is to juggle your lineup to see what works and maybe knock off one of the league leaders in the process.

How's that worked out for you Doc? :laugh:

One of the things I've enjoyed about this league the most is reading your predictions in the weekly "smack talk" areas.

I probably shouldn't have come out as hard on Daniel as I did, and I apologize for that, but I take my FF fairly seriously. I've been doing it for quite a while now and take pride in my knowledge and the amount of research I put into it each year. That's one of the reasons I was so upset that his team was left for dead.

Keep posting your predictions Doc, I missed reading them this past week.

My only regret is that it appears I will not have another opportunity to kick your ass, Jonesy, since time is running out for me to make the Championship Playoff round! :laugh: Hell... the way my team has been performing I'll be lucky to qualify for the Consolation Round. :whistling: Tell you what though, let's "match cards" on the last regular season game for a fiver. Whadday say?

Sorry about the pause in my weekly comments. The Thanksgiving holiday coupled with being busy scheduling all my loafing during the first week of my retirement just got in the way. This week the SMACK will be BACK! :thumbs:

Hey Doc, is Brian actually fielding a good team in this league? Because in the league we're in, he's on this hail mary streak. I think it's up to 6 wins in a row. He even went as far as manipulating his power of commissioner to edit his opponent's teams :p