• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DCASC HH4 Raffle - Link to Pictures on Last Pages

1st off, Shelly, if you read this, Dennis WAS NOT THERE! :laugh:

Boonedoggle, it was nice meeting and herfin with you!

I had a great time. The food, the weather, the cigars and meeting and smoking with all the Brothers was awesome, and the fact it was for a good cause made it even better!!

Bryan, everything was awesome. Tell the wife thank you for putting up with us, and thank your dad again for cooking great grub :thumbs:

errr, ohhh yeah...I meant the the cameo appearance by CRAWK! :laugh:

Uploaded phots from the herf, lets see if this works.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m181/n2...rf%20IV%202006/

~M

Why the hell no close-ups of me, Mark? :laugh:

It was great meeting you and Mr. Wolf as well...look forward to doing business with you in the future! :cool:

Wanted to thank Bryan for a great time, great food, and a chance to meet folks. Now I have to ask... where did you get the sausages... they were fantastic.

Yep, had a great time. It was awesome, as always. This was my fourth Hurricane Herf, and they just keep getting better!
Thanks, again, Bryan. You make me proud to share the name, even if you do spell it funny. :laugh:

I like coming back to the Hurricane Herf thread and read the comments about people having a good time. Because there are two reasons that rise above all others as to why I do this.

First, to raise money for a very needy cause. It may only be a drop in the bucket compared to what is really needed, but I'm doing someting about it and not sitting on my backside, saying to myself, "Oh those poor people. They lost EVERYTHING to the hurricanes. I wish I could do something about it!"

So I do!

Second, to ensure that everyone has a good time at the herf, has plenty to eat and cigars to smoke. Even if you don't bring cigars, or win cigars, you'll have cigars to smoke at the herf in the way of herf kits, cigars donated by the sponsors for the herf participants. And if I had anything to say about it, I would ensure that everyone wins something. But I can't do that legally. So I try to contact lots of vendors for donations, hoping to increase the raffle proceeds, but also to increase the chance that each and every participant will win something.

The sponsors treated us well again this year. Each participant received 4 cigars and a box of matches in each herf kit.

Mark, Niccole...thanks for taking pictures. I managed to take some at the first raffle during HH2. But at HH3 and HH4....fuggedaboutit! Too many things to do to take pictures.

If anyone else took digital pictures, I would like to get them if I could to post them.

Thanks to all the sponsors (the final list I'll post this evening) for your contributions. We could not do this without you.

Thanks to my Dad for doing the chef duties on the burgers, brauts and dogs.

And SPECIAL thanks to my lovely wife, Joan for all the cooking she did on Saturday, and for helping set up the food inside for the rush when I announced "Soups On!" It was like a freakin' stampede! :laugh: REALLY!

Thanks to all you participants too. :thumbs: I can't do it without you!

Until next year and HH5! :)

I'll post this absentee winners this evening on this thread.

Thanks a lot Bryan for all your hard work. Another great herf put on by the BigDog! :thumbs:

Bryan, a great HERF a great cause, awesome time, nice prizes, delicious food

I will be there for HH5 :thumbs:

It was a great time, not that I was there, or that I spent that much time there if I were there. But if I were there for a short amount of time, it would have been a great time. Thanks for putting this on. Hope I helped the cause.

Sorry Everyone,

I haven't had a chance to post the absentee winners yet nor email anyone. Family duties these last few evenings. Homework with the kids, soccer practice with Ryan (my son) among other things.

I will post the absentee winners tonight, and what they won.

THAT, I promise. :D

It was a great time, not that I was there, or that I spent that much time there if I were there. But if I were there for a short amount of time, it would have been a great time. Thanks for putting this on. Hope I helped the cause.

Dennis,

Thanks for your contribution to the raffle. (Dennis contributed some golf-related items from the Executive Residence.)

Bacchus won the golf gift pack. And he actually plays golf too. I asked him as he was came forward for the prize. :)

Dennis,

Thanks for your contribution to the raffle. (Dennis contributed some golf-related items from the Executive Residence.)

Bacchus won the golf gift pack. And he actually plays golf too. I asked him as he was came forward for the prize. :)

These are the folks who were there but left before or sometime during the raffle, and the prizes they won:

Gary Locke: 1 Bag of Mayorga whole bean coffee

Mauied1101: 1 brick-style humidifier; 1 Puck humidifier; 2 small disk humidifiers; 1 pack Partagas playing cards; 1 Boveda humidity pack; and i Nibo twin-jet butane lighter

BigPDA Geek: 1 medium (75-100 ct) humidor; 1 small (25-50 ct) humidor; 1 box El Original maduro cigars; 1 can Vector butane; 2 twin-flame Nibo lighters; 2 small disk humidifiers; 1 bag Mayorga whole bean coffee; 1 pack Partagas playing cards; and 3 humidity sticks.

Congratulations guys! :thumbs:

Damn - should have had you put my wife's name on my tickets - she is much luckier than I am. - oh well - next year

Damn - should have had you put my wife's name on my tickets - she is much luckier than I am. - oh well - next year

Sorry Bro. $20 just doesn't go as far as it used to. :(

The big winners were those who bought $40 and up in tickets. But thanks for contributing to the raffle and the ARC. :thumbs:

To reiterate my previous statement of, "big winners were those who bought $40 and up in tickets", yesterday, Matt (BigPDA Geek) came by to pick up his winnings. He told me he only bought $40 worth of tickets. And the luck was definitely with him, as you can by what he won. Conversely, he bought $40 last year and only picked up one or two accessories.

And Gary bought $20 worth of tickets and only won a bag of coffee.

So as you can see, it is all in the luck of how the tickets are pulled.