• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2023

Not sure if you've had these New Cuba sticks yet.. they come in 4 different wrappers.. I have tried them all, but enjoy the Corojo best. They're made by Aganorsa and are definitely cheapo's.. but damn tasty ones!

And just like all Page links for some reason, you may need to copy and paste the link in your browser.
These are short filler cigars. Not bad at all... but they are one dimensional. What you get at the front is what you get at the back end.

These are short filler cigars. Not bad at all... but they are one dimensional. What you get at the front is what you get at the back end.

Yeah, I noticed they left that little nugget out of the description. They need to put that they're short-fill on there. Anyone who open cuts knows that right away after spitting pieces out.

I do get a few variations throughout.. could be the different coffees I've had with them though. They remind me of those Brickhouse Cuban sandwich sticks a bit.. the maduro ones.

Decently tasting and well-made... and priced accordingly.

Punch Clasico Pita 6.1 x 50
Honduran med/full.
About $6. These were <$3

Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: Dominican, Honduran, Nicaraguan
Wrapper: Ecuador Sumatra

Very photogenic label band.
Good construction with an even burn.
Seemed a bit spicy. Pepper, maybe. Might just be me. This is my second one of these, and same opinion.

1000005677.jpg

Last edited:
"Padilla Series '68 Black Bear: A thick, dark Pennsylvania Broadleaf Maduro wrapper secures Honduran long-fillers with a pleasant array of spices and sweetness. Chewy smokes delivers milk chocolate, nougat, and burnt toast. Medium to full".

And they're not lying. I like this one. A lot.

About five bucks online. Puffy price $2.45, as part of a 42 cigar sampler.
Nice draw and very even burn. Smooth.

padilla 68-2.jpg

"Padilla Series '68 Black Bear: A thick, dark Pennsylvania Broadleaf Maduro wrapper secures Honduran long-fillers with a pleasant array of spices and sweetness. Chewy smokes delivers milk chocolate, nougat, and burnt toast. Medium to full".

View attachment 73346

Those are great.. and another great value stick. We had a great value thread a while back.. might have to dig it up to add some of these gems you're smoking to it!

View attachment 73346

In fact, at this sale price, I couldn't NOT get a box!

Screenshot_20231004-152501_Samsung Internet.jpg

Have you had the Dominus yet too? Thought I saw one posted by someone recently. The Bears really came alive after about 6mos @ 65%. In fact.. gonna go grab one and set it out! 👍

ETA: And thanks to Newlywed @JoeGibs, I also got 25% off that $50 box price when he texted me the deal!! Joe's cool like dat..

Last edited:
6 x 60 - Oliva Serie O.

Nicaraguan with an Maduro wrapper.

Ten bucks online. Puffy price $2.45, as part of a 42 cigar sampler.

Tightly rolled full-strength stick with a nice draw and an even burn. I nearly set this one aside to pawn off on someone that appreciates the stronger cigars - but curiosity got the better of me.

Tasty !

Oliva Serie O Maduro.jpg

Gurkha Status Torpedo.

A mellow Dominican with an Connecticut wrapper.

Nine bucks everyday online price. You can catch these on sale for three or four bucks, most of the time.

Puffy price - $2.58. Nice smoke, especially at this price point.

Gurkha Status.jpg
nub.jpg

Last edited:
Gurkha Status Torpedo.

A mellow Dominican with an Connecticut wrapper.

Nine bucks everyday online price. You can catch these on sale for three or four bucks, most of the time.

Puffy price - $2.58. Nice smoke, especially at this price point.

View attachment 73370
This marks the first time I've ever seen anyone write anything remotely positive about Gurkha...

Other than the folks that say Gurkha are positively trash. Lol

This marks the first time I've ever seen anyone write anything remotely positive about Gurkha...

Other than the folks that say Gurkha are positively trash. Lol

I hear that, a lot.
I bought a sampler pack of these, maybe six months ago. My first Gurkha cigars.
Do ya think that I simply got a "good" batch ???

I have no idea. It seems people are more willing to admit they have smoked Acid cigars than Gurkha.

The thing with Gurkha, his portfolio is so huge, that he actually has a few sticks worth smoking. We're just turned off by the pricing and other gimmicks.. he takes us as fools. We don't like that.

Another interesting thing, and maybe Nick @kann or our other Brothers still overseas can speak on it, but Gurkha seems to be a relished brand over there. I was surprised to see how popular they are over there. It's the only thing I can think of as to how they stay in business.

I hear that, a lot.
I bought a sampler pack of these, maybe six months ago. My first Gurkha cigars.
Do ya think that I simply got a "good" batch ???

Gurkha is also in the process of making over the entire brand now that Kaizad Hansotia has been essentially ousted. They've been trying attempts at a re-brand.. hard to tell what's true or not. But there was this:

I guess we'll see.

Looks like they weren't kidding......