• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2023

I think this is a Diesel from a big batch of $1.81 cigars. It 's a mystery cigar that was found in the motorcycle saddlebag.

It burned in a most ugly fashion, but it was a decent smoke, nonetheless. Weird, huh ?
😜😜😜

View attachment 73513

If the binder hangs in there, sometimes even the ugliest of sticks can be a treat. In fact, I've had sticks that I ended up liking more after the wrapper got nuked for whatever reason. Shows how important one single leaf can be in the whole scheme of things! 👍

La Diferencia Cubana !​

"Featuring a silky Nicaraguan sun grown wrapper and filler blend of Cuban-seed tobaccos, La Diferencia Cubana delivers a flavorful, creamy, smooth mellow to medium-bodied blend."

I don't know about all of that, but they're 40 sticks/$72.50 everyday online price - and they smoke well.

A nice mellow Dominican stick with your morning coffee.

La Differencia Cubana.jpg

La Diferencia Cubana !​

"Featuring a silky Nicaraguan sun grown wrapper and filler blend of Cuban-seed tobaccos, La Diferencia Cubana delivers a flavorful, creamy, smooth mellow to medium-bodied blend."

I don't know about all of that, but they're 40 sticks/$72.50 everyday online price - and they smoke well.

A nice mellow Dominican stick with your morning coffee.

View attachment 73538

Damn man.. you just steady keep me in a cigar time machine! But spot on again, a great little budget smoke. You'll be getting some of these too... probably 20 years old? Lol... no clue.. but probably around there!

20231010_100227.jpg

I remember great big, billowy, and chewy clouds.. just excellent smoke output all the way through! Thanks for the time warp! 👍

Gurkha Sherpa Maduro 6 x 54.

Medium/full Connecticut broadleaf binder with an Maduro wrapper. Dominican, Honduran, and Nicaraguan fillers.

This one was a gift - and I liked it very much - and so I looked it up.

Wow ! No wonder I liked it ! They're 25 sticks/$65 everyday online ! Somehow I just knew !
😜😜😜

1000005823.jpg

Last edited:
$1.87 Victor Sinclair Primero 6 x 60 - from a large sampler pack of VS cigars.

The "everyday" price for this sampler is 40 cigars/$110. ($2.75/ea)

Mellow Dominican, with Dominican long leaf fillers and a Connecticut wrapper.

Nice construction and a good burn.

VS Primeros.jpg

Flor de Filipinas Robusto Natural 5" x 52. Hand rolled in the Phillipines.

"Premium, hand rolled, smooth-medium bodied cigar made from the same top notch, imported Cuban-seed tobaccos that you love. "

Everyday online price 25 sticks for $29.99. An extra 20% off and free shipping puts them under a buck.

Just got this bundle yesterday, and fired one up this evening. This is my third batch and third brand of Filipino cigars and (for the money) they've all been decent smokes.

1000005894.jpg

Victor Sinclair Fumas Lonsdale Maduro 6 x 42.
Box of 50 / $54.99 everyday online price. A little less for you coupon shoppers.

These are made with the scrap leaves leftover from rolling the good cigars. They promise no floor sweepings. :)

Immediately stuffed these into a small airtight container on Friday, along with a hygrometer (curious about the humidity). This mornings read was 69%.

ok, so the first one out of the box was cracked and we had a fight ... and it won. Second one was very tightly rolled and we had another fight. They're both going to be this evening's pipe tobacco. Stay tuned.

This is #3 and its a lovely smoke. Nice flavor. Good, even burn. Now hoping that the rest of them are like this.

VS Fumas Maduro.jpg

Odyssey Connecticut Robusto. A mild Nicaraguan with an Connecticut wrapper.

Everyday online price 20 sticks/$29.99 at CI. This bundle was $1.08 ea/delivered.

These were delivered on Friday and they went right into their own little airtight container. The hygrometer read 68% this morning, so what the heck, let's smoke one ! It went well with a big cup of coffee.

Good construction, excellent burn.

Odyssey Connecticut.jpg

This is my second Cult Maduro Toro Grande 6 x 60, from the same batch. These are about $5 at CP. Puffy price $2.45, as part of a 42 cigar sampler.

Medium/Full Nicaraguan with an Maduro wrapper.

Well behaved stick that smoked well above this price point.

Cult Maduro.jpg

Gurkha Chairman's Select Churchill Perfecto 7 x 54.
Medium Dominican with an Criollo '98 wrapper.

This stick has been in the humidor @68% for about six months and it smoked very well.
Excellent construction and a very even burn.

Less than three bucks, of course. :)

Gurkha Chairmans Select.jpg

Victor Sinclair Fumas Lonsdale Maduro 6 x 42.
Box of 50 / $54.99 everyday online price. A little less for you coupon shoppers.

These are made with the scrap leaves leftover from rolling the good cigars. They promise no floor sweepings. :)

Immediately stuffed these into a small airtight container on Friday, along with a hygrometer (curious about the humidity). This mornings read was 69%.

ok, so the first one out of the box was cracked and we had a fight ... and it won. Second one was very tightly rolled and we had another fight. They're both going to be this evening's pipe tobacco. Stay tuned.

This is #3 and its a lovely smoke. Nice flavor. Good, even burn. Now hoping that the rest of them are like this.

View attachment 73761

OK, so here's #4 out of that box of 50.

I'm about 2/3rds into it - and it's a very nice smoke. About the same as the 3rd stick from that same box

1000005951.jpg

Last edited:
Did I mention that we welcome all of your El Cheapo posts here ?
Show us what ya got.

Really, no minimum or maximum, and heads-up on deals is always appreciated !

Last edited:
Just wanted to share this with fellow members......Not so El cheapo cigars, but definitely El Cheapo prices! These aren't cigars that you'll find again, but you're crazy if you don't at least look to see if there's something that you might like! $17.95 for a 5 pack! That's $3.95 each. I bought several different packs, and haven't been disappointed yet! A lot of different top cigar brands to choose from. If any of you try them, praise me, or curse me, but anyway let me know what you think!

Last edited: