• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2023

Just wanted to share this with fellow members......Not so El cheapo cigars, but definitely El Cheapo prices! These aren't cigars that you'll find again, but you're crazy if you don't at least look to see if there's something that you might like! $17.95 for a 5 pack! That's $3.95 each. I bought several different packs, and haven't been disappointed yet! A lot of different top cigar brands to choose from. If any of you try them, praise me, or curse me, but anyway let me know what you think!
What did ya get? I'm looking at some Sindicato for me and Gurkha for a baseball pool I'm in.

Cuban Delights "Premium" Cigar. I had to go and look these up. It appears that they have many selections on size/composition.

This one is a nice mellow Dominican with an Indonesian wrapper. Everyday online price: $1.50
This is the fifth or sixth one of these that I've burned - from various sampler packs. They've all burned evenly, and smoked well.

Cuban Delights.jpg

What did ya get? I'm looking at some Sindicato for me and Gurkha for a baseball pool I'm in.
ukKcPSB.jpg

Victor Sinclair Primeros. Fancy look, cheapo smoke !

Some of these showed up in an El Cheapo sampler, and I liked them well enough to order a nice wooden box full.
The box and all came to less than $2.00/stick, delivered.

A true budget Dominican, with Dominican binders/fillers and Connecticut wrapper. Nothing remarkable about this one - just your average well behaved smoke.

A nice mild smoke for your morning. Pairs well with coffee. :)

VS Primeros.jpg

20231023_071226.jpg

The description for this cigar is spot on.

An airball of the highest order.

Gerant, like Rip Van Winkle, should have stayed asleep much longer, for smoking this offering will make you wish you were unconscious. Frankly, in comparison with other legendary sleepyheads Gerant is downright Olympian. Indeed, he must have been taking a Golden Siesta at the blending table because these 7"x50 Churchills are so mellow and straightforward as to lack any hint of flare. If airballs that are so calm and mellow as to be void of any complexity are what you're looking for - or you want to glom something off that looks good to your moocher buddies...then these Connecticut-wrapped cigars will fit the bill. If you are looking for actual taste, try something else.

But I do have to say I did get a little hit of flavor here and there. It burned perfectly and was an enjoyable cheap smoke.

Victor Sinclair Edicion Especial
20231023_163705.jpg20231023_174541.jpg20231023_174712.png
V-Cut 6 Month rest

I was blown away when I lit this cigar up and instantly fell in love. This cigar came from the po boy sampler and with shipping ended up around $1.50ish. This cigar is well worth a $4-5 price tag. It was not to complex and the blotchyish wrapper left some to be desired. But it was a medium strong cigar with a nice mouth feel. It on occasion would burn a little off. But always corrected itself in a reasonable amount of time. Now the sad part I can not find this cigar anywhere online. The only place that had them is now not carrying them 😭

Saison "First Harvest 2009", by Oliva. I had to go look this one up. They say it's "new".
Medium/full Nicaraguan, with an Ecuador Habano wrapper.

About five bucks online. There were five of these in the bottom of the humidor, and I don't have a clue how long they've been there, or how much I paid for them. Early this year, I think - and less that $3 would be a good guess. :) This humidor is always at 68 or 69%, so it's probably "seasoned" OK.

A bit of pepper right away and maybe some bitterness. I'll have to revisit this cigar.

Very good construction. Nice draw with an even burn - all the way to the nub.

Saison by Oliva.jpg
1000006028.jpg

Last edited:
5 Vegas Gold @ $1.87/delivered. It's a nice mellow stick that went well with my morning coffee.
This one is from a 10 combo pack that typically goes for $35. But hey, SALE ! :)

Honduran, with Honduran & Nicaraguan fillers and an Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

These have been in the humidor @68% for about six weeks.
Good construction and a nice, even burn.

5 vegas gold.jpg

(sigh) - my last stick from a 50-bundle of seventy-two cent "Double Happiness" Churchills.

These Filipino cigars were all very consistent, and smoked waaaay above this price point. Of course, they smoke faster than the long leaf filler cigars, but nonetheless - a decent smoke.

Double Happiness.jpg

$1.08 Joya Del Jefe 1890 Series in the handy Churchill size. Everyday price - 50 sticks/$90.

Nicaraguan, with Dominican fillers and an Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.
It's been in the box for > 6 months. It should be good to go, right ? :)

Nice mellow economy stick with a funky appearance ... but it burned well, and stayed lit. Well worth that dollar and eight-cent price tag. :)

joya del hefr.jpg

$1.08 Joya Del Jefe 1890 Series in the handy Churchill size. Everyday price - 50 sticks/$90.

Nicaraguan, with Dominican fillers and an Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.
It's been in the box for > 6 months. It should be good to go, right ? :)

Nice mellow economy stick with a funky appearance ... but it burned well, and stayed lit. Well worth that dollar and eight-cent price tag. :)

View attachment 74257

That's @CigarStone brand.

< $3 - La Palina Nicaragua Oscuro 6 x 50. About six bucks online.

Nicaraguan (Tabacalera Fernandez) with Nicaraguan long fillers and binder, and an Ecuadorian Oscuro wrapper.

They sport a new band now, and these "old band" sticks were on closeout. The new labels are touted to be exactly like the old labels, except for the label. :)

Medium stick with good construction and a decent burn. After smoking four of these, I ordered a box.

La Palina Oscuro.jpg

Odyssey Maduro Robusto in the 5.5 x 43 Corona size. A medium stick with an Honduran binder and an Maduro wrapper - from the Plasencia factory in Nicaragua (blender not mentioned).

$1.08 ea/delivered. CI has them at 25 sticks/$27.99. That's $1.12 ea, plus sales tax.

These arrived at 72%, and have been in the humidor for a solid week. 🤣

A bit wavy on the burn and required a couple of re-lights. Still, a decent el cheapo smoke at this price range. I think they'll straighten up after they've dried out a bit.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐

Odyssey Maduro.jpg

This $2.58 Gurkha Crest was gifted to me, and I regifted it. And then it got regifted at least twice more, and then regifted back to me. It's like that Christmas fruitcake that nobody wants.

Well, it turned out to be quite a decent smoke, and I smoked all of it. I have one of these from a sampler. Maybe I'll gift it and see if it comes back. :)

gurkha=1.jpg
gurkha=2.jpg
gurkha-3.jpg

< $3 - La Palina Nicaragua Oscuro 6 x 50. About six bucks online.

Nicaraguan (Tabacalera Fernandez) with Nicaraguan long fillers and binder, and an Ecuadorian Oscuro wrapper.

They sport a new band now, and these "old band" sticks were on closeout. The new labels are touted to be exactly like the old labels, except for the label. :)

Medium stick with good construction and a decent burn. After smoking four of these, I ordered a box.

View attachment 74264

Hmmm.. I bet you'd like this guy I had a few of over the summer.. not for me.. but I have a bunch left:

Tried that one yet?