• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FYI New Jersey Residents

Having read this thread, I think that people are overindulging their conspiracy theories a bit.

The fact is that during the economic times we're entering, states are going to be working more and more to ensure that they gather all the revenues they can. Many states are way overextended, having instituted financial policies during times of economic prosperity that will be difficult to maintain during times of economic hardship. Politicians, rather than discontinuing the handouts they've promised, will step up enforcement of revenue-generation policies, misguided or not, to try to bridge that gap.

This means that retailers will face increased scrutiny, and states where full reporting is required, such as Ohio, will make deals with other states for the sharing of information to increase revenue. They will also force carriers to provide information, as we have seen with FedEx, for the same reasons.

I don't pretend to know or predict where this will all end, and even if I did, my predictions would likely stray well into discussion of politics. I do advise my BOTL's to be less-prone to jumping to conclusions, stick with the retailers you know and trust, and consider what is being said. I've met Dion in person, and Pete has been vouched for by someone I trust. Having no sound reason to distrust either one of them, I accept what they say at face value to be evaluated with everything else I learn.

One of the things I've learned recently on CP is to take it easy, and be more calm and reflective before posting. I hope that some of my more-irascible BOTL's can learn this, too.