• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Game of Thrones Thread (Spoilers Included)

MNBrian

Now that the series has officially caught up to the books, and there's no risk of book readers ruining it for tv series watchers, I think it's about time that we talk about theories and whatnot for Game of Thrones.

I know what I think. I want to know what my fellow BOTL's think. And let's be honest, waiting till Sunday sucks. So first off - a few notes.

1) If you're not caught up, stop now. I'm very against ruining it for people, so if you're behind by an episode or two, do not read on until you watch to current.

2) Based on the above - YE GADS SPOILERS AHEAD. See #1 and read it again.

3) For those book-readers among us (like me), let's not foil any surprises that haven't been revealed on the TV show. I know there is 1 or 2 small-but-game-changing things (plot lines) that we know more about than those only watching the series. Hold on to those small pieces of info, because I fully expect those little jewels to be short lived. With HBO wanting to wrap up everything in two more seasons, I'm expecting we're all gonna be blind as bats by the end of this season.

Now, onward.

I think the biggest question on everyone's mind is that of a particular character who presumably is dead. In a recent interview I saw, the actor stated a few interesting things while being questioned. He said he did return to the set of Game of Thrones, that he returned to play a dead body, that he does not rise up as a White Walker (a common theory) later in the series, and that he is really dead. So... here's what I'm thinking.

It's ironic to me that Melisandre (the Red Woman) would end up at Castle Black right around the time that our hero would die. I always found that curious in the books too (same thing happens). What purpose is there to put her at that spot? Second, in season three we saw a scene that always struck me as odd. We saw the Hound and Arya fall into the hands of Beric Donndarrian (the outlaws who live outside Kings Landing like Robin Hood), and Melisandre came in to see Beric brought back to life. She seemed a bit shocked by this, as if she didn't realize the Lord of Light could do such a thing. In the books, she wasn't ever there. So I always wondered why that was. Why include her in that scene?

Thus my theory is as follows. The only answer that meets all the above requirements that the actor proposed is this - He is dead. He is back to play a dead body. But he's not dead for long because he's going to be resurrected by Melisandre (or already has been and we didn't see it - hence why Davos was asking "who can you trust" to the men), and that's why he can't come back as a White Walker. Because he won't be dead for long enough to do so.

Alright. Let's hear it. Am I crazy? Is it over? Should I abandon all hope ye who enter here?

I didn't read the body of your piece. I have never watched the series. I've considered it, but I don't want to get into a binge watching dealio.
I have seen a few clips on youtube. One actor, Jason Momoa, playing Drogo, I like a lot for those barbarian type roles.

Is there gratuitous nudity and violence in this series?

Good question. I'd say it's definitely R rated for violence and nudity. For me personally, I was able to handle everything I saw (violence) without any issues. And I'd say there's an average amount of nudity for most HBO or Showtime series, so a bit more than you'd see on cable.

I think the first episode of season 1 is the best indicator. If you watch that and can walk away without thinking much more about it, then the series isn't worth a watch. If you see that and are uncontrollably perplexed and curious, you'll love it. Story-wise, I put it up there with House of Cards, Breaking Bad, and I'd go so far as to say it's the best fantasy I've read since Lord of the Rings.

My guess is Melisandre is going to gift the amulet to the dead guy, sacrificing herself for him.

I hope Bran comes back into the picture as he was missing all last season.

My guess is Melisandre is going to gift the amulet to the dead guy, sacrificing herself for him.

I hope Bran comes back into the picture as he was missing all last season.

Bran is one of those storylines that the books gave us a bit more on than what we've seen. I anticipate we will see a healthy amount of him this season.

The amulet is an interesting idea. That certainly might be! I did find that scene a bit strange, but I think the purpose was less so to show the amulets power and more so to show that the Lord of Light perhaps does really have power. Everything up to now could be sort of written off, aside from the resurrection I guess.

My money is on Melisandre performing some kind of witchery and bringing him back. Im just not ready to part ways with Jon Snow yet.

I'm glad Davos has a more prominent role, so far, hope he doesn't die as I think he's an overall good character in a sea of bad guys. Plus, I like the actor that plays him.

Also, I think we are going to see some BBQ when the dragons find their mother.

Oh yeah, some major sh*t is gonna go down when Drogon finds his mom. No way she's staying and hanging out with all the other Khal widows for too long...

Oh yeah, some major sh*t is gonna go down when Drogon finds his mom. No way she's staying and hanging out with all the other Khal widows for too long...

I think Tyrion sets the others free too....imagine three drags with teen angst lashing out at the humans.

Hot wings anyone?

I think you're right Scap. It's that whole "learned" thing Tyrion has going on, with his readin books and all! He knows dragons can't get big enough in captivity and he'll let them out. Let's just hope he is wearing something fireproof when he does it.

Holy shite!

That was an interesting ending.

My money is on Melisandre performing some kind of witchery and bringing him back. Im just not ready to part ways with Jon Snow yet.

Also this. Yeah I just quoted myself. It happens. :rolleyes::D

Gotta watch it today! Had to stay up way too late driving to and from my brother in laws graduation. Looking forward to it!!!

"....I drink, and I know things....". Got to love Tyrion.....

That was an epic episode, on several levels....next week can't come soon enough...!!!

Had to be one of my fav lines of the episode, perhaps the whole series. That and the exchange about eunuchs and dwarfs.