• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Game of Thrones Thread (Spoilers Included)

Bran went from a little kid to a grown man from the last time we saw him until last night.

I'm not sure how much time they are going to spend with him being carried around by Hodor, but I'm digging his psychic abilities.

Bran went from a little kid to a grown man from the last time we saw him until last night.

I'm not sure how much time they are going to spend with him being carried around by Hodor, but I'm digging his psychic abilities.
I thought the same thing! He has grown up so much :(

You know how hard it was not going into this thread until I watched Sunday's episode. Glad to see that Snow is back...or is he. Who knows what the cost of that sort of magic is. Best moment of the episode for me was when our favorite little friend asked to be punched in the face should he ever think that releasing dragons was a good idea again.

Haha! Yes! Just finished as well! I braved the thread regardless of not being caught up, but thankfully it was unspoiled! :) All I can say is - I called it! :)

Next episode will let us know if this episode's ending produced a viable life.

Got caught up last night as well. This season has started off with a bang for sure!!! I, like everyone else, was glad to see Snow breathing again. Looking forward to next week to see what kind of condition he is in...I'm hoping for no "catches". Hopefully he's just back to kick some ass.

For me though, the most interesting story line in GoT has always been Daenerys Targaryen and the dragons. I was excited to see the other two freed of their chains and can't wait to see how that plays out.

I personally don't care for the Bran story line....never have. I'm sure it's very important to the entire story, and I feel like his story will ultimately tie everything together, but I just don't care for it.

....and I still don't know what the hell is going on with Arya....but it's interesting.

Great opening two episodes for the season, and episode 2 just laid the ground work for some outstanding episodes coming up.

Arya is training to reprise Rutger Hauer's role in Blind Fury. :p

I could do without Bran too. It kills the momentum of the show. Although, it was cool to get a little backstory on Hodor. Wonder if we'll learn more.

So at this point is there a house that hasn't had their leader murdered since the show began. This week we had the last two dethroned.

I guess it pays to be quiet and carry a big sword in Game of Thrones...

Edited to add:

Or do what Littlefinger does and claim new castles and run away from them before people kill you. They're still yours, you just don't live in them... :)

Ok, next theory. Going off of what Wyatt was saying I have two thoughts.

1) Dany can't conquer Westeros with just the Unsullied. Think about it practically. The Unsullied are all on foot. And even with some of the Seventh Sons (Darrios ect) that's not really a safe bet because they'll really go wherever they are being paid. Knowing this, when you consider the Dothraki, they're actually great candidates. You've got extreme loyalty to rules (even if those rules currently include rape/pillage/steal so long as it's not from another Dothraki), they're all on horses, and they're all feared and trained warriors. Plus all that garbage about no Dothraki crossing the narrow sea... if Dany could unite them (even under fear of her dragons or under some fulfillment of their prophecies), they'd jump at the chance to pillage new lands in Westeros.

2) I think when George R.R. Martin started writing the books, he wanted to skip the 4th and 5th one. This series which is 7 or 8 books long, was originally intended to be a trilogy. He was going to skip all these middle parts. That's why it feels like a slow play to me, while I'm still interested in Bran and in Arya's stories (and even in Rickeron who we've not seen since way back when after they sent him away), I think the point here is they're learning different skills and they're growing up. I think it'll tie back into the main plot, but I'm not sure how.

Ok, next theory. Going off of what Wyatt was saying I have two thoughts.

1) Dany can't conquer Westeros with just the Unsullied. Think about it practically. The Unsullied are all on foot. And even with some of the Seventh Sons (Darrios ect) that's not really a safe bet because they'll really go wherever they are being paid. Knowing this, when you consider the Dothraki, they're actually great candidates. You've got extreme loyalty to rules (even if those rules currently include rape/pillage/steal so long as it's not from another Dothraki), they're all on horses, and they're all feared and trained warriors. Plus all that garbage about no Dothraki crossing the narrow sea... if Dany could unite them (even under fear of her dragons or under some fulfillment of their prophecies), they'd jump at the chance to pillage new lands in Westeros.

2) I think when George R.R. Martin started writing the books, he wanted to skip the 4th and 5th one. This series which is 7 or 8 books long, was originally intended to be a trilogy. He was going to skip all these middle parts. That's why it feels like a slow play to me, while I'm still interested in Bran and in Arya's stories (and even in Rickeron who we've not seen since way back when after they sent him away), I think the point here is they're learning different skills and they're growing up. I think it'll tie back into the main plot, but I'm not sure how.

Interesting take on the Dothraki again working under her command....I can see that too. She's going to need a boost somehow, and that could be it.

I, like you, do feel that Bran and Arya's stories are going to be very important at some point....but right now we are just seeing how they grow up. Maybe those improve, but they are lacking at the moment.

The thing is that Dothraki may be able to win the battle in the field, they won't keep her in office. She couldn't keep three cities from rebelling, how would she control all of Westeros? I don't see there being a unifier. Not in this world. Yes, winter is coming, and that presents a unifying enemy. But after that all I see is a return to a pretty Machiavellian system where power doesn't just sit with who has the biggest cavalry. Dany hasn't shown the political chops to rule a small city state, let alone an entire continent of houses that all have century long grudges to deal with.

The thing is that Dothraki may be able to win the battle in the field, they won't keep her in office. She couldn't keep three cities from rebelling, how would she control all of Westeros? I don't see there being a unifier. Not in this world. Yes, winter is coming, and that presents a unifying enemy. But after that all I see is a return to a pretty Machiavellian system where power doesn't just sit with who has the biggest cavalry. Dany hasn't shown the political chops to rule a small city state, let alone an entire continent of houses that all have century long grudges to deal with.

I see your point and raise you another -

In the history of Game of Thrones, the Targeryans were in power in the first place because they had dragons. That was all the unifier they needed. When Harrenhall rebelled, the largest castle in all of Westeros with 7 tiers of walls, the dragons melted it to the ground and now it's a ghostland.

Winter is coming, sure, but Dragons seem pretty unifying to me. Her problem wasn't lacking a unifier. It was using it. She kept her dragons locked in cages instead of flying over the cities.