• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet Pass II

Here are my proposed P's & T's

Take # 50 Tat Noelles Put RP Sungrown Robusto 5.5 X 50

Take # 37 Old Henry Put Cuesta Rey Pyramid No 9

Take # 5 Anejo 49 Put Kauai Cigar co Mamona light

Any questions? Good?
First one looks a little light. The last 2 look good. What says the tribe?

Take # 50 Tat Noelles (8.00) Put RP Sungrown Robusto 5.5 X 50 (5.25)

Take # 37 Old Henry (5.35) Put Cuesta Rey Pyramid No 9 (4.75)

Take # 5 Anejo 49 (9.50) Put Kauai Cigar co Mamona light (9.00)

As Jonesy has stated...we are not to be held to the exact pricing...as long as they are close, we're good to go.

I think it looks ok to me. The first one may be a little light but still I am ok with it.

Any questions? Good?
First one looks a little light. The last 2 look good. What says the tribe?

As Jonesy has stated...we are not to be held to the exact pricing...as long as they are close, we're good to go.

I'd say redo the 1st one also.

OK I can do,

I don't have much close to that MSRP in the humi. I am way over or WAY under. I have a stash of those RP Sumatras. I pay 7.40 for them , I know the MSRP is less. Due to the fact they are no longer made does that put them in the HTF category at all?

I am going to meet Souldog at a B&M at 1. I will pick up a few in that range and post later.

I really want to ship this bad boy out tomorrow.

I will make another take if I have to as well. I just don't want to hold up the pass.

Any questions? Good?

I was just getting ready to send the cops to do a welfare check on you , Matt! ;)

I'll have to digest your Puts and takes when I have more time, but glad to see everything on track again!

I tend to get quite busy on the weekends. Friday nights are football at the HS. My Son is in band. Saturdays are softball with my Daughter. Sundays...well you know. Anyhooo I could not have sent it out any sooner than tomorrow no matter what. I have an iphone so I will post the revised # 1 while at the B & M.

This suckers getting shipped tomorrow!

Here's my take on the situation. I did say that you won't be held to exact pricing, but to me none of these trades are acceptable. I don't know enough about the Kauai cigars to give a firm decision on but I think it lacks in the rarity department and since it's under MSRP, it's a definite no go. The RP sungrown for the Tat is waaaaay off and even though you're "close" on the Cuesta-Rey for the Old Henry Lancero, a 13% drop in value between two cigars is too much. Sorry I haven't been on until now to chime in on these but all 3 need to be re-thought.

Here's my take on the situation. I did say that you won't be held to exact pricing, but to me none of these trades are acceptable. I don't know enough about the Kauai cigars to give a firm decision on but I think it lacks in the rarity department and since it's under MSRP, it's a definite no go. The RP sungrown for the Tat is waaaaay off and even though you're "close" on the Cuesta-Rey for the Old Henry Lancero, a 13% drop in value between two cigars is too much. Sorry I haven't been on until now to chime in on these but all 3 need to be re-thought.
Thanks for clearing that up Brian.

The more input we get, we'll then know what you expect of us with our choices :thumbs:

I'm sure as the Pass moves forward, the easier this will become.

Question: Is it safe to say, HTF & Rare aside, that if one exchange is .50 lower and the next is .50 higher...those 2 cigars would be a wash?

ok I'm wiling to be taken to school by Jonsey. That's what this pass is all about, it's not a race to get this thing back to Jonesy. I heed your advice sir and respect your decision. I really want to put this Kauai in because it is a fantastic smoke and I think someone will really enjoy it. I will be home in an hour or so an will post another set
Matt

Thanks for clearing that up Brian.

The more input we get, we'll then know what you expect of us with our choices :thumbs:

I'm sure as the Pass moves forward, the easier this will become.

Question: Is it safe to say, HTF & Rare aside, that if one exchange is .50 lower and the next is .50 higher...those 2 cigars would be a wash?
The thing with this trade is if I let it go and the next guy wants the Cuesta Rey for a cigar with an MSRP OF $4, I would have to let it go because I've set precedence. At the same time, I've also taken a 25% hit on the trades. This is a newbie pass and I'm not really worried about the total value as much as I'm trying to prepare you guys for your first "live" pass and these types of trades will get squashed immediately by any pass host. I know that staying close to MSRP isn't the easiest thing to do, but going under on a trade is frowned upon by any and all.

Thanks for doing the research, Ironpeddler.

Of these, it strikes me that the RP Sungrown P for Old Henry T could be a good restructure, and enables beyond the band to salvage one trade of the three without undue hardship. (On the minus side, that's one of my to-trade sticks! Bastardo!)

The Anejo 49 T, Kauai Mamona Light P appears a little odd for me, because I've never seen a Kauai and it appears that the prices have a lot of variation depending on the source. I'll defer to Jonesy's judgement here, as I can't accurately price the Anejo, either.

Not to DISPUTE my P & T but to DISCUSS it . the Kauai put.....

Linkey

Is it this one?

Linky
I found the same thing, the cigar you proposed to put in the pass isn't the same one you linked. Now, even though the price may vary a little from vendor to vendor on this particular cigar, what you have to do is try to find an online vendor with an Anejo in stock. This is one way you can determine if something is rare or HTF.

Edit to say, I'm not trying to be a smartass with that statement, but to me, it's the easiest way to determine a "rare" cigar.

Not to DISPUTE my P & T but to DISCUSS it . the Kauai put.....

Linkey

Is it this one?

Linky
what you have to do is try to find an online vendor with an Anejo in stock. This is one way you can determine if something is rare or HTF.
When I priced these out yesterday morning, I used the CP Reference guide for the Anejo #49...the only place I found it was HERE. This price is VERY high, but supposedly they have them in stock.

I used Silo for the Kauai Mamona Light. I never even heard of them until I stumbled across a review from Wilkey a while ago and then saw that Silo carried them while pricing out some of the other sticks. As a straight up trade for the Anejo, now we're back to the HTF debate. I now see where Jonesy was coming from during Danny's P&Ts.

But it's almost like the Anejos and Opus sit in a room together and can only be exchanged amongst themselves (for ease). Drawing the parallels between Manufacturers & geographic locations/availability to the members can be difficult at times. It's hard to believe that a list hasn't been drawn up by the senior CP members that prices all these HTF & Rare cigars. A benchmark list that would periodically be updated as scarcity and availability changes to assist in moving the Passes along quicker....but then again, if they did, it would alleviate all the light hearted banter about these exchanges! :laugh:

You have some work ahead of you Matt.

I'm learning.

When I priced these out yesterday morning, I used the CP Reference guide for the Anejo #49...the only place I found it was HERE. This price is VERY high, but supposedly they have them in stock.

I used Silo for the Kauai Mamona Light. I never even heard of them until I stumbled across a review from Wilkey a while ago and then saw that Silo carried them while pricing out some of the other sticks. As a straight up trade for the Anejo, now we're back to the HTF debate. I now see where Jonesy was coming from during Danny's P&Ts.

But it's almost like the Anejos and Opus sit in a room together and can only be exchanged amongst themselves (for ease). Drawing the parallels between Manufacturers & geographic locations/availability to the members can be difficult at times. It's hard to believe that a list hasn't been drawn up by the senior CP members that prices all these HTF & Rare cigars. A benchmark list that would periodically be updated as scarcity and availability changes to assist in moving the Passes along quicker....but then again, if they did, it would alleviate all the light hearted banter about these exchanges! :laugh:

I'm learning.

Just to throw in my 2c

Just because a site has them in-stock at gouging prices, should NOT determine value. Just because that site and cigar.com have them for $30 each does not mean a respectable BOTL on CP would use that for value.

I think Jonesy could have been trying to say that if you can't regularly find a retailer with them in-stock, then it's HTF. Maybe he could comment on what his opinion is on the pricing from that link you posted.

I'm learning.

Just to throw in my 2c

Just because a site has them in-stock at gouging prices, should NOT determine value. Just because that site and cigar.com have them for $30 each does not mean a respectable BOTL on CP would use that for value.

I think Jonesy could have been trying to say that if you can't regularly find a retailer with them in-stock, then it's HTF. Maybe he could comment on what his opinion is on the pricing from that link you posted.
No, just because a site has them in stock, does not mean that's what is to be used for reference. I was using that as an example as whether something should be classified as "rare" or HTF. Now, going back to what Gary said, yes, in essence you might only be able to trade Opus/Hemi's/Anejo's for one another because of the "rarity" of the cigars. Since not everyone has one of these cigars to trade, then you MUST make up for the rarity in value.
Now, as far as manufacturers & geographical locations/ availability to members....that makes no difference as to how a trade goes through. We all have the same access to ALL the cigars via vendors and internet sales as members of CP, so just because you can't get an Anejo at your local B&M, doesn't mean that they are any less available to you as they are to me. A list has been drawn up giving prices for rare and HTF cigars....MMM's price lists. Prices on these cigars fluctuate due to the scarcity and availability, that's why during a pass when trading these, we strictly go by MSRP. A pass is one place that because you paid $15 for a Shark does not mean you get that value out of it....you only get MSRP.

OK I can do,

I don't have much close to that MSRP in the humi. I am way over or WAY under. I have a stash of those RP Sumatras. I pay 7.40 for them , I know the MSRP is less. Due to the fact they are no longer made does that put them in the HTF category at all?

I am going to meet Souldog at a B&M at 1. I will pick up a few in that range and post later.

I will make another take if I have to as well. I just don't want to hold up the pass.
Matt.....

Is There Anybody Out There? :whistling:

:laugh: :laugh:

OK I can do,

Matt.....

Is There Anybody Out There? :whistling:

:laugh: :laugh:

I'm here. Did I win? :whistling: