• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good cheap isom smoke

Stickysam

I'm looking for a nice everyday smoke around the same box price as partagas shorts. Any sugestions? smaller ring guage is fine something I could smoke on the way to work.

...for the same price as a Party Short, a Party Short is pretty darn good.... :laugh:

I've had some of the Jose E Piedra's "Cazadores" lately; for an "everyday" smoke, I think they are pretty good and can usually be had around $3.00 / ea. Heads up here is that they really benefit from some humi time.

Regards - B.B.S.

I like Flor de Cano. The A/T prediculares are better than the selectos. I was seeing them for $2.00 each, but lately they went up to the $3-4 dollar range.

JL Piedra, haven't tried those. I think those are the short-filler M/M line. They are with out a doubt the value line of Habanos. I have heard a few good things about them too, making them a good choice as a daily.

indyrob said:
...I think those are the short-filler M/M line.
That's my understanding as well. I can never remember if they are hand bunched / machine finished, or machine bunched / hand finished but for the $$ I'd give them a "very decent" rating.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Upmann Corona Major A/T hand rolled

Partagas Corona Senior A/T hand rolled

Upmann Petite Coronas

Partagas Petite Corona

Ramone Allones Small Club Corona

Bolivar Petite Corona

Punch Royal Selection 12

The Jose Piedras and Quinteros are great cigars for the money! :thumbs: I have several boxes of each and will always keep some on hand. Just don't waste your time on the Guantanameras, they totally suck.

i often am a sucker for a shorty.....love the partagas shorts, but we want variety in our life....so...

san cristobal el principe
monte # 5
boli cj
cuaba divinos
diplo #5
erdm demitese
trini reyes and siglo 1 at a bit more money, but the others are in the party short price range...
theres also other vitolas...monte joyitas for instance ..god its a big world of short smokes out there.

Fonseca Delicias. I just finished one about 10 minutes ago, and I enjoy them quite a bit. They are a smaller cigar, and in the mild to medium category.

And at $50 or so a box you can't go wrong!

Jose Piedra Brevas are a good value at about $60/25 count. It is a short filler machine made cigar with good straight forward havana flavor.

Trini Reyes and San Cristobal El principle *sp

best little smokes from that side I've tried!

Everyone knocks them bad... but a "decent" cheap machine made Cuban smoke are some of the Guantanameras...

I'm not claiming they are "on par" with most of the other cigars. But they are definitely a cheap decent smoke.

K

morenoloco said:
Everyone knocks them bad... but a "decent" cheap machine made Cuban smoke are some of the Guantanameras...

I'm not claiming they are "on par" with most of the other cigars. But they are definitely a cheap decent smoke.

K
[snapback]224634[/snapback]​
...was gifted a couple, and thought the JEP's were a much better stick, for about the same price. Of course, everyone's tastes are different, but to my rather uneducated palate, the JEP's were the clear winner.

YMMV - etc.....B.B.S.

I think the Guantanemeras are underfilled and made of very inferior tobacco. The Rafael Gonzales Penatelas Extra are a great smoke for a couple bucks when you can find them, as are the H. Upmann Regalias for around $3.

I love Bolivar...recommend either a Boli CJ, or Boli Regentes in that price range.

RASCC and Upmann Corona Major tubos have been mentioned...good choices.

Monte 4s are pretty much the table wine of habanos...but can be had in that price range as well. Not a huge fan.

purosdave said:
I think the Guantanemeras are underfilled and made of very inferior tobacco.
[snapback]224693[/snapback]​

You think? You are absolutely correct!! They are made of vuelta arriba tobacco and are slighlty underfilled. They are precut, and not really a conniseurs (sp) smoke. They're decent..

Gonz said:
Fonseca Delicias. I just finished one about 10 minutes ago, and I enjoy them quite a bit. They are a smaller cigar, and in the mild to medium category.

And at $50 or so a box you can't go wrong!
[snapback]224433[/snapback]​
great minds think alike : ;)

morenoloco said:
purosdave said:
I think the Guantanemeras are underfilled and made of very inferior tobacco. 
[snapback]224693[/snapback]​

You think? You are absolutely correct!! They are made of vuelta arriba tobacco and are slighlty underfilled. They are precut, and not really a conniseurs (sp) smoke. They're decent..
[snapback]225028[/snapback]​

THEY SUCK!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: