• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hate to do this to ya Sam, but the community has to know...

souldog

OG Post-Whorer since 2008 bitches...
I am not sure who has been actively following this, but Sam answered up in the Wine PIF for a couple bottles from thechenman on May 7th:

What the hell I'll play again, and I promise this time it will get back out in a timely manner. :blush:

On the 11th, TCM sends his end out:
Sam...

The W&L PIF is headed your way...

USPS as requested. DC# is: 0309 3220 0000 6817 6946.

Hope you enjoy.

On the 14th, Sam receives the wine:
IMG00134.jpg

As a matter of fact it did, thank you very much I love the MJ12 and I haven't had the chance to have the Series V in the lancero. Looks like tonight is going to be a nice calm quiet night with a great smoke and a drink. :thumbs:

Now, who wants some?!?!?!?!

On the same day, Golfanatic answers up to be next in line in the PIF:
I'll take some.

You can read the rest of the thread here, but on the 14th, Sam said he would be putting something together. On the 28th, Golfanatic asked what the status was and Sam said again that the package would be coming "today or tomorrow." On the 11th of June, Golf asked again what the status is. Finally, on the 2nd of July, Sam replied that he would be getting his package out in the next 24 hours.

Now on the 5th, Sam has not posted a DC # or any further information publicly that I can determine.

Sam, I like you alot dude, and we get along pretty well. I'm not doing this to get you banned or put on some Scumbag List. Instead, I hope this incident will compel you to make it right with Golfanatic and avoid placing you on the SL. Get this done, and DON'T ENTER INTO COMMITMENTS IF YOU CAN'T UPHOLD YOUR WORD. You are 52 DAYS behind. This isn't right, and isn't what Cigar Pass is about. :angry:

Discuss.

....Get this done, and DON'T ENTER INTO COMMITMENTS IF YOU CAN'T UPHOLD YOUR WORD. You are 52 DAYS behind. This isn't right, and isn't what Cigar Pass is about.
mad.gif

Discuss.
There is nothing to discuss that I can see. Sam....what the hell?

If there are life changing personal issues that honestly prevent you from taking care of this, one possibility would be to PM a brother and ask them to cover for you....and then make it right with everyone involved as soon as possible.

Dogging a PIF thread for 52 days is inexcusable, no matter what. Really. No matter what. If you've got time to browse the boards, you've got time to send a PM or two.

Get this squared away. Pronto.

B.B.S.

Edited to add: I have a bit of a problem with the title of this thread; "Hate to do this to ya Sam....". Dog, you didn't do anything to anyone, he did it to himself and the rest of the community. You're only the messanger....and I don't typically shoot them.....
wink.gif

....Get this done, and DON'T ENTER INTO COMMITMENTS IF YOU CAN'T UPHOLD YOUR WORD. You are 52 DAYS behind. This isn't right, and isn't what Cigar Pass is about.
mad.gif

Discuss.
There is nothing to discuss that I can see. Sam....what the hell?

If there are life changing personal issues that honestly prevent you from taking care of this, one possibility would be to PM a brother and ask them to cover for you....and then make it right with everyone involved as soon as possible.

Dogging a PIF thread for 52 days is inexcusable, no matter what. Really. No matter what. If you've got time to browse the boards, you've got time to send a PM or two.

Get this squared away. Pronto.

B.B.S.

This is the 2nd time he had done this in this thread! It took him damn near 3 months to get his end of the PIF in the mail. I will admit that after about 2 week I forgot all about it, but I wouldn't have had a package been sent out in a timely manner. I also like Sam and met him briefly at the TESB herf at Uptown last year. Sam this is just not how things are done here and you know it brother!

Get this taken care of Sam. I'd suggest sending what you owe and offering a public, sincere apology. After that, you'll have some work to do in regards to rebuilding your trading reputation if it can be done at all.

This is unacceptable, and I'm sure you know that.

Some have been watching.
wink.gif

What is unacceptable is that this is the SECOND time he's done this in this particular PIF. What's also unacceptable is that he's been on CP just about every day (as witnessed by those involved in the PIF that have kept up with his activity) and never once bothered to send a pm to Golfanatic or make a post in the thread letting the participants know that there would be a delay. I don't care what's going on in your personal life....if you have time to log onto CP on a daily basis, then there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE you can have as to why this wasn't taken care of in a timely manner or why there was no communication.

Not sure a public apology will cure this as it seems to be repetitious behavior and a half assed apology has already been given due to the fact he was being called out in that thread.

Did I miss something Brian? ???

I thought he posted that he finally sent his end out the other day, and offered some self imposed punishment to the board that you called BS on.

Has he still not sent out?

I don't read that thread because, well, I have no reason to (figure it out). Why wasn't this brought up sooner if it is the second time it has happened? Why wasn't there something posted about it the first time? I am def. not gunning for Sam but people have been banned for less in the cigar version of the MAWPIF iirc so it seems odd this is only coming up this far down the line.

Some have been watching.
wink.gif

What is unacceptable is that this is the SECOND time he's done this in this particular PIF. What's also unacceptable is that he's been on CP just about every day (as witnessed by those involved in the PIF that have kept up with his activity) and never once bothered to send a pm to Golfanatic or make a post in the thread letting the participants know that there would be a delay. I don't care what's going on in your personal life....if you have time to log onto CP on a daily basis, then there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE you can have as to why this wasn't taken care of in a timely manner or why there was no communication.

Not sure a public apology will cure this as it seems to be repetitious behavior and a half assed apology has already been given due to the fact he was being called out in that thread.

An apology won't cure it, but without that he has zero chance. That's assuming there's a chance to begin with (which is unlikely). An apology is never a bad idea, though, when one has done wrong.

If there was a problem before, he shouldn't have been allowed to participate any longer. If people are watching his activity and such so closely, this should have been brought up sooner.

Some have been watching.
wink.gif

An apology won't cure it, but without that he has zero chance. That's assuming there's a chance to begin with (which is unlikely). An apology is never a bad idea, though, when one has done wrong.

If there was a problem before, he shouldn't have been allowed to participate any longer. If people are watching his activity and such so closely, this should have been brought up sooner.

True....an apology never hurts, but it's hard to apologize to the community sincerely after a half assed apology because he was being called out. I agree that this should have been brought forth publicly quite a while ago. I think people gave him the benefit of a doubt after the first time, there certainly won't be a third though. It was brought to my attention yesterday morning via pm and you know me, if I had known sooner, this would have been out sooner.

It was brought to my attention yesterday morning via pm and you know me, if I had known sooner, this would have been out sooner.

And it was brought to my attention by you, Brian. Also, what's the word on John's post?

I thought he posted that he finally sent his end out the other day, and offered some self imposed punishment to the board that you called BS on.

What's the word on this?

If I interpret this correctly, Sam said he'd ship "within 24 hours" on July 2nd. Yet, no DC or confirmation was posted as a follow up. As posted in the other thread:

A PM was just sent to Golfanatic on this. We have had a few serious problems here which I don't want to talk about publicly but I will be getting this out in the next 24 hours. I am truly sorry for this and I am removing myself from any further passes here because of my behavior on this. I want to say that I am truly sorry of the delay and any problems I have caused because of this.

Sam
Sam - it's been more than 24 hours. Do you have a DC# or other shipping tracking number you can post to clear this up?

It was brought to my attention yesterday morning via pm and you know me, if I had known sooner, this would have been out sooner.

And it was brought to my attention by you, Brian. Also, what's the word on John's post?

What's the word on this?

My bad! I thought Sam said he sent it out 24 hours ago, not that he would be sending in 24 hours (Which has come and gone without an update).

Last seen at 4:40 am this morning and still no reply. At this point I am not sure that we will hear anything. Sam it is a shame that you have let things get to the point where there really are only two possible outcomes.1. You get the mighty banhammer dropped down upon you, or 2. You stick around and try to worm you way back into the good graces in a community. Fat chance as we have a memory like an elephant.

Last seen at 4:40 am this morning and still no reply.

Wow, so he actually logged in?!?! I wonder if he saw this thread. Dammit Sam, you're killing me! Dude, just send your chit and own up to dropping the ball! It's that simple, and then we move on. :(

This is bullshit at this point. There is NO excuse in the world Sam can give that justifies this. If you have time to log on to CP you have time to drop a pm letting someone know the situation. The fact that this is the second time he's done this in the same pass makes his motives suspect in my book. As far as I'm concerned Sam is not to be trusted and his self imposed pass ban is a joke. He either needs to make this very right publicly or be banished from the community.

Last seen at 4:40 am this morning and still no reply.

Wow, so he actually logged in?!?! I wonder if he saw this thread. Dammit Sam, you're killing me! Dude, just send your chit and own up to dropping the ball! It's that simple, and then we move on.
sad.gif
He was logged in yesterday am also....in which I'm sure he saw my post in the other thread. You don't just NOT see something like that. When you're on your on the receiving end of something like this, you're drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

Jon, I honestly don't see any moving on at this point. When he's gotten to the point where he won't respond, he loses all credibility and respect he may have once had.

I called and left him a message on his cell letting him know everyone's looking for answers, so there's no denying that he's not aware as of now (#'s in his profile BTW).

Well, that's a shame.

Throwing one's integrity in the trash over something like this. I just don't get it...

Been plenty of opportunities for Sam to fix this, but it seems he's chosen another path. Perhaps it's time to move on.

If there's a debt to be paid, please let me know and for sake of the community, I'll take care of it. Glad to step up; no problem here.

B.B.S.

B.B.S,
After jfields stepped up and took care of me on another thread where pembroke dropped the ball, I would love to handle this to pay forward his good will. Golf, shoot me your addy and I can get ya a nice bottle of wine and some choice sticks out asap.
Thanks
DE