• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many cigars do you smoke?

On average, how many cigars do you smoke?

• More than 35 a week (more than 5 per day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22 to 35 a week (3 to 5 per day)

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • 15 to 21 a week (2 to 3 per day)

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • 8 to 14 a week (1 to 2 per day)

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • 2 to 7 a week (less than 1 per day)

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • 1 a week

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • 1 every other week

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 1 per month

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I don't smoke cigars and have no idea why I joined this site.

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I'm at about 2-3 per day lately more on the weekend. I quit cigs about a month and a half ago so I got to keep telling myself that I can't be smoking as many cigars per day as I did cigs!

9 a week is my norm. One a day on workdays and 2 a day on weekends. Once the weather gets cold enough that will drop to just one a day even on the weekends.

On a average I smoke about five a week, though if I am around the house alot on the weekends I sometimes get in five or six just on the weekend :thumbs:

Bret

Not long ago I would have been up there with CC on the numbers, I smoked a LOT of cigars. But several things have changed all that, now I smoke 1 about every 2 weeks, when I go see my brother, we have a cigar together, sometimes we have 2 each in a weekend. They funny thing is, since I cut back on the smokes so much, each one tastes much better than I remember them :D. And the dog rockets taste much worse :0

1 to 2 a day...
I really enjoy that 1st one in the morning with a cup of coffee,,,

I'm established in that 8-14 range.

Often starting with a Partagas short for breakfast during my morning commute.

WOW, we've had 73 responses so far :thumbs:

Looks like I finally did a poll with the right number of choices and range so that it means something :p

I'm in the 2-7. I have one on the way home from work once or twice a week and one or two a weekend. Also, we now have this get together every thur for the crews that aren't deployed and there about 4 BOTLs there so we have at least one every Thursday. So I average 4-5 I guess.

Until my new business is up and running at 100% I only have time to enjoy one cigar a week. By January I should have time for 4-5/wk again.

Coming soon to a webpage near you :)

Premier Vacation Resorts

So who voted 'one a month'? At that rate you could buy one box and have it last two years!

Wait, if I did that maybe my kids COULD go to college. :p And I could live to see their kids! Or at least live to see them get out of prison.

Unfortunately or fortunately, whatever way you look at it, my budget allows me to smoke on average the 2-7 a week. I need to, either, invest in cheaper smokes or make more money to support my Cohiba craving :p .

Ree

It kind of ebbs and flows for me. I can go a week with no cigars, and then meet up with gibu and randyb1 and have seven cigars in two days. :D :) I usually hold off for that reason alone if I know we are heading to Dorothy and Toto land. I've read healthwise that it is generally recommended that a person not smoke more than one premium cigar a day, as well as take a vitamin C supplement. Then again, we've had presidents smoke twenty plus cigars a day to no detriment to themselves, and who lived longer lives-so who am I to judge? ??? ??? ???

SFG75 said:
I've read healthwise that it is generally recommended that a person not smoke more than one premium cigar a day, as well as take a vitamin C supplement. Then again, we've had presidents smoke twenty plus cigars a day to no detriment to themselves, and who lived longer lives-so who am I to judge? ??? ??? ???
Remember that George Burns outlived 2 of his Doctors. :p

Wascal said:
Remember that George Burns outlived 2 of his Doctors. :p
LOL, very true indeed. :) I honestly believe that there are some people who are just genetic iron horses and that no matter what they do to themselves day in and day out-they are just built to last!. My grandmother owned a nursing home with a giant series of stairs. For roughly thirty years, she would carry patients up and down those darn things, which is probably why she lived to be 95. Then you have people who are the exact opposite and who are practically bedridden after age 60. Moderation is a key item stressed in a few books that I've read about cigars, I can't imagine smoking twenty or more cigars in a week. My god, that would just be overkill to me. :0

hudsonvalley said:
So who voted 'one a month'? At that rate you could buy one box and have it last two years!

Wait, if I did that maybe my kids COULD go to college. :p And I could live to see their kids! Or at least live to see them get out of prison.
Well, I was one of them. It used to be that I'd only smoke when I was out drinking with friends. When I figured out how relaxing a good smoke and a good beer could be, I started trying to make more time for it, but still havn't managed to get to more than 1 every couple weeks or so. Now that the weather is getting cold and it's dark out by the time I leave work, I'll probably be lucky to get one a month.

I've been lurking around here for awhile now, I really need to get over to the lobby and introduce myself.

Welcome aboard all the same, you'd ought to step over there and say hello. :thumbs:

j_crackington said:
hudsonvalley said:
So who voted 'one a month'?  At that rate you could buy one box and have it last two years!

Wait, if I did that maybe my kids COULD go to college.  :p  And I could live to see their kids!  Or at least live to see them get out of prison.
Well, I was one of them. It used to be that I'd only smoke when I was out drinking with friends. When I figured out how relaxing a good smoke and a good beer could be, I started trying to make more time for it, but still havn't managed to get to more than 1 every couple weeks or so. Now that the weather is getting cold and it's dark out by the time I leave work, I'll probably be lucky to get one a month.

I've been lurking around here for awhile now, I really need to get over to the lobby and introduce myself.
He speaks :0

Welcome j_crack :) After almost five months, ya made your first post :thumbs:

I remember when you signed up, for some reason the screen name stuck in my mind and I'd seen ya lurking every now and then, 'BOUT TIME ya said sumptin' :D

coventrycat86 said:
He speaks :0

Welcome j_crack :) After almost five months, ya made your first post :thumbs:

I remember when you signed up, for some reason the screen name stuck in my mind and I'd seen ya lurking every now and then, 'BOUT TIME ya said sumptin' :D

What can I say, you guys just know way too much about cigars. :)

I originally joined when I was looking to get a humidor. Reading the old threads gave me most of the information I was looking for, so I didn't really have any questions.

I guess I've just been waiting for the right thread to come along to get me involved. :)