• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hunting - The CigarPass way

OK, I understand now. Don't necessarily agree, but that's a matter of values, so no point in trying to argue. I guess I'm just spoiled living in MT.

The biologist said we need to cull 50 white tail from our property.

If you need any help....give me a holler.....been hunting on Fort Hood; guess you can say that's my lease. :D

Although I may be new to Texas Hunting and the lack of public land (grew up in NE Wisconsin), I agree and support the methodology....otherwise there'd be nothing to hunt. Since I don't own land or have the money to pay for a lease, hunting on Fort Hood is a great alternative. My Super Combo license if free (for Active Duty Military) and I only pay $100 a year for my On Post Permit.

And if I sit in the woods all day without shooting....it's still better than being in the office. Besides, that's why it's called "Hunting" and not "Killing". I hold the same view about fishing...."Fishing" as opposed to "Catching".

But I will tell ya....Killing and Catching make Hunting and Fishing more fun.... :thumbs:

:laugh: more effective when you walk up to them and whack them with the butt instead of shooting them however...

I can see you derive much pleasure from whackin' small little animals! You're probably guffawing like a moron too! :laugh: :laugh:

You can take turkey with a rifle in Texas?

Rich

ps By the way some very nice weaponry!

you can bag 4 gobblers a season in most counties in Texas with a firearm. The problem with a firearm is that you easily hurt the meat. So to make it challenging and save the meat I take head/neck shots only. The hardest part about that is having them stop moving long enough to take the shot. I'm good for a headshot out to about 200 yards with a good rest and my savage 10fcp and match ammo. Any further than that and I have to start aiming for the top of the spine at the neck. They just don't hold still. Turkey's are also very crafty.

Turkey are indeed very crafty. That comes as a surprise too many considering how their domestic counterparts don't have enough sense to come out of the rain.

If you can't get close enough to shoot it with a handgun or put an arrow in it you ain't huntin'.

My 2 cents from the peanut gallery.

My eyes aren't good enough for long distance shooting any more either Ray ;)

I find it interesting (disappointing) that BOTL's would insult a guy after reading a few simple sentences. His family has obviously spent great amounts of time and money to establish a family tradition.

If you don't get it........don't say anything ;)

Daughter shot the little white tail doe. Friend gave him the elk. Game warden that we coach with gave him a confiscated white tail. Not sure where the other came from.