• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm glad I knew better

Offer to buy him a stick to see if he'll smoke it. That'll put his dedication on the line!

:)

-Mark

Mold happens.
sad.gif
If it didn't, we wouldn't know the difference. I've seen worse, and I've seen humidors where all the cigars near the humidifier were covered in hard water deposits.

The real issue in a case like this is the surly attitude you were met with. If someone on my staff treated a customer like that.... (even if he looked like CJ). If he acts like this over mold, how is he going to react when someone asks to have their Acid and Padron put in separate baggies?

I've also seen worse, only once though. I would have mentioned something to the shopkeeper, but she was too busy chit chatting with a friend to even acknowledge my presence in the store. There were two main tip-offs that they didn't store their cigars properly, one being the mold (and all over boxes of ISOMS and NCs alike) and they had a "bargain box" of singles for 20% off due to split wrappers, damaged feet, unraveling at the head etc.

Mold happens.
sad.gif
If it didn't, we wouldn't know the difference. I've seen worse, and I've seen humidors where all the cigars near the humidifier were covered in hard water deposits.

The real issue in a case like this is the surly attitude you were met with. If someone on my staff treated a customer like that.... (even if he looked like CJ). If he acts like this over mold, how is he going to react when someone asks to have their Acid and Padron put in separate baggies?

Now that's funny chit right there!

PJ

I've also seen worse, only once though. I would have mentioned something to the shopkeeper, but she was too busy chit chatting with a friend to even acknowledge my presence in the store. There were two main tip-offs that they didn't store their cigars properly, one being the mold (and all over boxes of ISOMS and NCs alike) and they had a "bargain box" of singles for 20% off due to split wrappers, damaged feet, unraveling at the head etc.

I can one up ya....

A local smokeshop (not a B&M, but they had a sizeable walk-in) litterally had beetles crawling on their sticks. I turned around and pretty much ran out the front door.

I went back today, and there he was again Mr. Attitude. So I pulled him aside after inspecting the sticks with a magnifying glass and let him know there were spores and it was in fact mold. He got another round of attitude and stormed out of the humidor, it happens he's the "big man on the block". So I stuck around for a minute and watched him come out of the back to see that I was still there and he quickly disappeared again. So I grabbed the other worker and pulled him into the humidor to have a little talk. I explained the mold issue in the box and told them I was only looking out for them. He thanked me, grabbed the box, and we chatted about the other guys sh*tty attitude and actions. He peered around the corner for the box and then went outside and returned empty handed extending another few words of gratitude. One guy is a D*CK, and the other a BOTL, I can't believe the other guy is still there being like that! ???

You did the right thing WKOTI, after giving it some time and reviewing what others here had to say, even I would have done what you did.

It's sad that there are so many shops that have similar issues and attitudes. When Shant and I went to Anto's, we had a similar experience. If you work at a cigar shop or lounge, you should know what the hell you are doing. You did the right thing.

So you found out that the store is ok...you just happened to find the one Ahole in the store... hopefully you holding the guy accountable will either change his attitude or change the residence of his employment...either way you helped prevent some other unsuspecting customer from getting some bad sticks...nicely done sir...nicely done...

R

No no, continue going there and just give the DIck a jab about moldy sticks. EVERY TIME!! He will get pissed off and go away. You will never have to deal him.
I know you, it will be a sick twisted game for you. Sounds right up your alley!

Make sure the cool dudes know your plan so when you return from the summer, the dick will be gone and good things will happen!

PJ

So I pulled him aside after inspecting the sticks with a magnifying glass ....

So were you wearing a cape and a dear stalker?

I should know, I'll get a pipe and cape and return each time inspecting the cigars. Thanks Burtch for the idea!!! :laugh:

Why even go back?

They did me well, just because they have one bad one out of bunch isn't enough to stiff them. They are overall cool guys, fun to talk to, I'll just jab the douche nozzle about the moldy RP's until he quits. :D

I know you, it will be a sick twisted game for you. Sounds right up your alley!

I nearly pissed my pants laughing, that was effin awesome!!! :laugh:

Guys like that a-hole really tick me off. Seems like so many clerks/employees give the same song and dance about it being plume. Obviously the a-hole has a lot to learn about good customer service.

Why even go back?

They did me well, just because they have one bad one out of bunch isn't enough to stiff them. They are overall cool guys, fun to talk to, I'll just jab the douche nozzle about the moldy RP's until he quits. :D

It's not just about the one guy. Did they correct the problem causing the mold? If not, it doesn't matter that the rest of the crew are a bunch of nice guys. Well, to me it wouldn't matter. ybdmv, as Phil says.

Why even go back?

It's not just about the one guy. Did they correct the problem causing the mold? If not, it doesn't matter that the rest of the crew are a bunch of nice guys. Well, to me it wouldn't matter. ybdmv, as Phil says.

I agree with you Tom, I just had a conversation with the school about the incident and they have arranged different shops for us to do business with, because of their terrible, service and bad cigar monitoring skills. The board is all going down there Thursday, our usual meeting time, and talking to owner about the management skills and the dangers of the way they keep their sticks. So for the moment, they've lost over 60 peoples business, because of one employee/incident. I hope for their sake they listen and change the way they do business, as well as change the way they keep their humidor. I'll give updates as we go along, thanks everyone for the advice, and help!

You have a staff?

Buy a loaf of Wonder bread and just leave it in your closet until it starts molding up. Then bring the bread back in the store and ask him if that's mold or plume and offer him a slice or just chuck it at him.

You have a staff?

Not since I got the wife pregnant a third time.