• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In Theaters/Rentals: What Have You Seen Lately?

Lawless was awesome TP. Definitely enjoyed it, although I could hardly understand Tom Hardys drawl.

As far as TDKR, I agree with a lot of points Boar raised, but goddamn. It was a great movie. But I'm a batman nerd and a Nolan fan til I die!

And I rented Looper (pretty sure Alan recommended it?) but I havent gotten around to watching it yet. Pretty excited to see it though.

Joseph Gordon Levitt is a damn fine actor. I even enjoyed his bike-riding movie.

Joseph Gordon Levitt is a damn fine actor. I even enjoyed his bike-riding movie.

He's always been an amazing actor. He was brilliant in 50/50. Everyone go rent it!!!

He's always been an amazing actor. He was brilliant in 50/50. Everyone go rent it!!!

He's resume has blow up this year big time! He is a great actor that plays a lot of different roles and has come along way since 10 Things I Hate About You.

Premium rush was a great movie with very cool graphics.

50/50 was an outstanding movie. My wife and I have seen it 3 times now. The scene here he looses his shit in the car sends chills down my spin every time. You can really feel the pain he is going through! You can find it on the movie channels currently like Jon said its a must see.

Went Friday to see Gangster Squad, it was one of the better movies I've gone to see in quite some time. Perfect if your into the Mob movies.

He's resume has blow up this year big time! He is a great actor that plays a lot of different roles and has come along way since 10 Things I Hate About You.

Premium rush was a great movie with very cool graphics.

50/50 was an outstanding movie. My wife and I have seen it 3 times now. The scene here he looses his shit in the car sends chills down my spin every time. You can really feel the pain he is going through! You can find it on the movie channels currently like Jon said its a must see.
Unless you want to be super depressed, and feel like you need to shower every 5 minutes to get the movie off of you, don't watch Beautiful Skin. He's very good in it, but damn that's one messed up movie.

Django unchained. Great movie. The end was a bit corny, but kinda fit with the movie overall.

I just watched "Inglorious Bastards" a few days ago. I thought it was worth watching. Some brutal scenes in it (as all Terantino (sp?) films are). COuldn't imagine the freakin mindset of the nazi's back then.

Floyd T.

Just watched Looper last night, thought it was awesome. And btw....the big bad's nickname is pretty freakin' sick.

Agreed, 50/50 was really good too. Much better than I expected.

Just got home from Gangster Squad and damn that was a great flick! If you are on the fence go see it trust me it is really well done with some amazing set work and great gun battle scenes that are ment for the big screen viewing! While there I caught a movie trailer for 42 a movie about Jackie Robinson Story looks really good check it out.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9RHqdZDCF0

So I went and saw Zero Dark Thirty the other night and it was good! They followed the facts generally well, except I'm sure that one junior agent wouldn't be dropping the f bomb in a meeting with high level members of the CIA, and I'm sure that some of her "buck the bureaucrat system" ways were all very Hollywood, but it was a good watch overall.

One thing I have to commend ZDT on was their portrayal of the mission. It wasn't full of crazy Hollywood effects, and it wasn't all dramatic and flashy in how they showed it. A lot of missions go down like the one they showed in the film. It's not all wild gunfights and crazy explosions like most "action movies" show, but instead they stayed true to the fundamentals of tactics and really stuck to the real-world tactical strike mantra of "slow is smooth, and smooth is fast." It was really riveting to watch, and I connected with it on a level that I know from operational experience. I recommend it to everybody.

I also finally watched Looper and it was an AMAZING movie, so much so that I bought it, along with End of Watch and Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.

If you've ever played the Halo games or like military sci-fi, this is a great watch! I couldn't believe that this was a web series 343 Industries put out to support the game's launch. Very well done!! Also if you buy it, it's got quite a good amount of behind the scenes stuff. Very cool. Reminded me of The Hunger Games mixed with some of the more iconic character-driven sci fi movies I've seen. Definitely worth at least renting it.

And yes, I got a fanboy-woodie when a certain character showed up. All in all, a great film worth checking out, and it's a good hour and 30 minutes or so. Ill be watching it again and again'

I'm glad others are enjoying Looper. Given my track record lately, it's nice to know I didn't imagine liking it as much as I did. :laugh:

Another Die Hard? Good thing they aren't beating that series to death!

Being sick since Friday I hit the RedBox hard and tried to catch up on some movies I have wanted to see for a while now.

End of Watch: I thought this movie was really well done with great action scenes, gun fight and loved the "point of view" type of filming. Surprising the wife actually sat down and watched this one with me and enjoyed it up till the end (both her brothers are cop) she didn't like the ending. I tried to tell here that it make the movie more realistic but that still did't help...LOL
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter: I really enjoyed this movie and the twist it put on historical events to add in the vampire aspect. Lots of great special effects, slow motion and great fight scenes.
The Cabin in the Woods: I was surprised at how this played out. From all the previews I did not expect it to go the way it does in the end but still lots of Gore blood guts and great kill scenes. Very demonic story line and the entire plot of the movie is very stange but I will watch any horror movie at least once.
Paranormal Activity 3:I am usually not a fan of ghost story movies that drag on for multiple movies but after how goo PA 2 was I had to watch this movie. It had lots of great special effects and great camrea tricks that kept me focused in on the screen not wanting to miss a thing which then I get caught with the random door slam that scared the shit out of me. The movie was really done well I liked how the took a step back to look at the girls child hood with the old video tapes. I just didn't like the end. I guess I will need to see #4 to see if it ties together at all.
Trouble with the Curve: Cool movie idea and look into the way old school baseball scout had to study up on prospects before the days of computers and digital stats.
The Amazing Spider-man: When the wife first said this was one of the movies she rented I was a little disappointed because I am tired of the different remakes of all these old comic book characters how ever I really enjoyed this movie and look forward to the next one. I really liked how they got more into the backround of Peters family and what his dad did. I would recommend this film and hope you guys enjoy it.
The Three Stooges: 15 min in I shut it off! AWFUL!

In theaters:

This Is 40! My dear god one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. If you are on the fence on seeing this I highly recommend it you will not be disappointed I had no Idea that Melissa MaCarthy was in this movie and I will see anything she is in. This movie takes her comedy to a hole new level It is unbelievable the shit she says in this film with a strait face! GO SEE IT!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D: I loved this movie and how it was all put together being a sequel to the original 1976 movie! Not a real heart ponder but great story line and I loved how they explained the entire family history. If you are a classic horror fan its a must see! I cant wait to watch it without the 3D glasses. Some movies are not meant to be in 3D.

Paul

Couldn't disagree with you more on Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. I thought it was truly awful in every way. Even the makeup was bad.
But I totally agree with your takes on Cabin in the Woods and Amazing Spiderman.

I see a couple new titles to add to my Netflix Queue!

Watched The Bourne Legacy over the weekend. TWICE! I wasn't too sure about it going in, because I really liked Matt Damon in the original role, but this isn't them sticking a younger actor into his shoes; it's a different operative in a second generation program spun off from the one that produced Bourne. In fact, their feeling the need to mention Bourne a couple of times within the script is the only real flaw here. The rest of the movie is just outstanding, great action sequences and excellent acting, solid script, and there's enough little pieces of backstory thrown in to indicate they're probably thinking sequels.

No spoilers, but I just have to say---that is the BEST gun shots sound editing I've ever heard. EVER. It was like taking the muffs off at the pistol range, and hearing the differences among all the various makes and calibers. Intensely real.

~Boar

I just watched "Inglorious Bastards" a few days ago. I thought it was worth watching. Some brutal scenes in it (as all Terantino (sp?) films are). COuldn't imagine the freakin mindset of the nazi's back then.

Floyd T.

I would have to say for me anyways, this was one of the worst teratino films ever. I know it did great at the box office, I know a ton of people loved it, but I could not keep my eyes open through the thing. I tried, about 3 times. I really could not stay awake. Doesn't mean its a bad film and I hope you take no offense SKYDIVNEKD, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Favorite film ever? Pulp Fiction. I have it on DVD, I watch it everytime its on tv, much to my wifes shagrin, even if it is the horrible cut apart tv versions. She likes to sleep with the TV on, and I probably haven't missed a night it has been on yet. LOL. The best is when they are doing an amc movie marathon and its on lol, pulp fiction all day, all the time. :)

I have seen a lot of new movies lately, but none of them were very enjoyable.The Hobbit wasn't too bad.

I did watch "Here comes the boom" and thoroughly enjoyed it. Uplifting, funny, and warmhearted.

Also, if you like Norse Mythology, "Valhalla Rising" was a real decent movie that was loaded with that sort of symbolism.

I went to see ZeroDarkThirty, and concur with the puppy's assessment.

Safe Haven!

Yep once again TP brings to you a chick flick love story that blew my mind! The movie is based on a Nicholas Sparks novel and the wife just finished the book and wanted to go see it. I figured it was going to be a snoozer and I would catch up on a little sleep. The opening scene had me hooked! If your wife or significant other wants to see this movie I HIGHLY recommend it. I am really good at predicting movies and this ending was MIND BLOWING! I never saw the ending coming at all.

Enjoy,
Paul

PS It is normal for a grown man to cry in the theater...twice!  :laugh:

ETA: Julianne Hough is SO HOT!