• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I've joined the wineador club

I would have gone with the Avallo instead of the Oasis. Yes it is more money but I have heard nothing good about the Oasis. Constant problems with them being inaccurate and not holding humidity properly. As for the cabinet dropping humidity as soon as the compressor comes on that is normal. Any refrigerant cooling system acts like a dehumidifier. This will be a constant problem with any compressor cooled cabinets. Most new wine cooler have a non-compressor cooling system. These electronic cooling units don’t drop the humidity quite as bad due to the fact that they don't have as much of a delta T (temperature difference) across the coils as a refrigeration coil. This gives the humidifier fighting chances on keeping the humidity were it needs to be. Being in Texas I assume you need it to be cooling so this may be a battle for you. I hear most people unplug there compressor units due to this constant battle but most probably aren’t in Texas. Keep us posted on how you make out once you put the Oasis in.

Good luck and Nice score boy shes Pretty!

Paul

I have a very small 11 bottle unit that I have the same problem with and it was not a compressor unit, it is thermoelectric. The humidity would still drop from 65 to around 50 every time it kicked on. Luckily I don't really need to run it, it stays at 70 without.

I just unplugged it. I live not too far from the coast in Texas and I guess it's humid here because those few drops of condensation would shoot the humidity up to 78 and that's with the beads. I ordered some more beads. Now it's at about 71 and constant.

I drank the cool-aid too, and hunted down a non-working 18 bottle Haier that I plan to set up unplugged and see if how it does. Being in central TX, we don't have near the humidity you get down on the coast but I'll still have to monitor the temp. I'm curious to see how it does over the summer.

so the RH is still about 74. the temp is about 72. i had to unplug the unit because the few drops of condensation that appeared on the wall shot the RH from 66-78. So there are several cedar cigar boxes in there. I have a pound of beads in it. They aren't over saturated by any means. In fact I think they could use some more water. Any ideas on what to do? I plugged the drain hole in case humidity was coming in from there. I have another half pound of beads coming in tomorrow. Should i not even saturate these and just throw them in there? I also have the hydra coming in tomorrow but i dont really need any more humidity so I'm not going to put that in right now.

I had to unplug mine because of the ptc heater(I disconnected the compressor), it was heating up my winador to about 76, so I just keep it unplugged and it is about 70% right now. Works great!

It's official guys I too have joined the club. I came home from work around 3:30am,and tripped over a large box containing a whynter 28ct wine fride. Now off to order some heartfelt beads, and some drawers from golfnut.

The only thing I noticed the fridge does not have a drain plug inside. Will this cause any issues?

Is it thermocooled? See how much condensation forms. I have mine unplugged right now. I'm letting all the humidity get out and see what happens after that.

The only thing I noticed the fridge does not have a drain plug inside. Will this cause any issues

I have the same issue. But I live in Colorado. So the humidity here is a joke and it is in my basement.

Is it thermocooled? See how much condensation forms. I have mine unplugged right now. I'm letting all the humidity get out and see what happens after that.

Yeah it's a thermoelectric cooled unit. I ordered the beads today , and I'll put them in as soon as I get them.

I currently have my wine fridge plugged in and completely empty. I ordered heartfelt beads and have them already, and also ordered drawers from golfnut. I have decided not to put my cigars in the fridge until I get the drawers.

Now my question is should I put the beads in now as get the humidity up? Or should I just wait for the drawers and start the seasoning process then?

I currently have my wine fridge plugged in and completely empty. I ordered heartfelt beads and have them already, and also ordered drawers from golfnut. I have decided not to put my cigars in the fridge until I get the drawers.

Now my question is should I put the beads in now as get the humidity up? Or should I just wait for the drawers and start the seasoning process then?

You'll probably have to season the drawers when they get there. When I loaded mine up with empty cedar boxes to test it, the RH dropped like a stone and it occurred to me that those boxes were probably bone dry. I risked emptying my coolidor into it (with a pound a Heartfelt beads) and the RH jumped right back up with the seasoned boxes. It was a couple of degrees off, but after 2 days it was back to normal.

How many beads did you end up needing for that space? The wine cooler I bought is only a 16 bottle, so its not as big. Just trying to put my order together with heartfelt, but not sure which or how many to get.

How many beads did you end up needing for that space? The wine cooler I bought is only a 16 bottle, so its not as big. Just trying to put my order together with heartfelt, but not sure which or how many to get.

Half pound should be plenty.