• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jay's "Seven Days" Pass

He can't come speak for his own actions? He logged on today, but neglected to check in on the pass.

I'll get on tonight and send you that info jay I'm posting from my phone.

Wolfie: send them back to Pugman. If there was something he took that you want we can have Jay just send the replacements to you. Otherwise I'll check with Charles and we'll get this back on track. I'll also shoot Rod an email.

Here is what's on my mind. I had been eyeing the Padron 80th and one of the Lost Citys, but they're a little too rich for what I've got on hand. Please let me know if I'm running shallow here and I'll go reevaluate and come back. I was going as best I could on online retailers I'd either used or heard of before.

Take:
(21) VSG Illusion
(27) GOF (banded Don Carlos), 2006
(33) Ashton ESG Robust
(43) La aurora anos 100 lancero
(44) Tatuaje black tubo

Put:
Tatuaje Red Tubo
Fuente Between the Lines
Padron 40th Torpedo
Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
VSG Eclipse Tubo

I just got off the phone with Ed. He said that the paperwork got shuffled in with some other papers and he didnt realize it, but has since sent them to Wolfie. He said he took out 5 cigars and put in 15, but if that was a problem then he has 4 of the 5 left and would be glad to send them to the destination of the passes choice and that you can keep his 15. He said he is sorry for the confusion and he said he sent out some PMs to people who had messaged him and he would like to clear this up quickly!

Hope I helped somewhat! Hope the rest of the pass goes smoother.

Have a good one guys! Smoke em if you got em! :D

This whole thing is irresponsible and disrespectful. The general apathy and unwillingness to respect the guidelines of passes is why there has been a decrease from dozens a year to 3-4. If you can't be bothered to read the instructions and educate yourself on pass expectations you should not join up. I doubt I will ever host or be involved in an open sign up pass on this board again and I hope others are paying attention to this. When I joined up here nothing approaching this shit wouldn't have been tolerated.

Quick eta: not directed at Jack, just quoting him for a frame of reference.

Only a genuine boob could plead ignorance to CP's pass protocol after two years of membership, which makes this practical joke so believable. Nicely played.

My PM: Please address the board on your puts. The Rules on CP are quite pacific and your explanation is required on this matter.

Best Regards

His Reply: Phone number is 972-780-8239. Call me if we have an issue (I DID twice and TEXT once)

This will just not work for me. (what an insult)

Lets move on send his cigars back to him ASAP PLEASE.

And we can move along as if he was not part of the pass, I will be short some smokes but will walk away a learned MAN.

Pugman1943 Hey folks, if I made an honest mistake, you can call me at 972-780-8239 I', here tonight just wait to talk with you.
Today, 07:45 PM

[/quote]

For posterity

Man This whole situation really sucks. Believe me I'm taking notes, and going to observe a few more passes before I decide to join one. Hopefully when I feel ready their will be some still going on.

What baffles me is that he asked both me and Jay to call him, but won't respond in any other meaningful way to PM's or reply to the thread. While he certainly needs to answer to Jay, he also definitely owes the rest of the pass an answer as well.

Regardless of whether or not Pugman makes good on this, the pass will continue. I'm waiting to hear back from Charley before Jay sends the replacement sticks.

Here is what's on my mind. I had been eyeing the Padron 80th and one of the Lost Citys, but they're a little too rich for what I've got on hand. Please let me know if I'm running shallow here and I'll go reevaluate and come back. I was going as best I could on online retailers I'd either used or heard of before.

Take:
(21) VSG Illusion
(27) GOF (banded Don Carlos), 2006
(33) Ashton ESG Robust
(43) La aurora anos 100 lancero
(44) Tatuaje black tubo

Put:
Tatuaje Red Tubo
Fuente Between the Lines
Padron 40th Torpedo
Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
VSG Eclipse Tubo

The BTL for GOF trade is a bit light, I think. If I remember correctly BTL MSRP is ~15, the GOF's are ~20.

I have Ed's sticks boxed and ready to be dropped off tomorrow afternoon (I count 16, not 15). A quick glance at a map shows Charley is a good 6 hours south of me. If he had been close enough, I'd call and see if we could meet up and save the sticks some time in a truck. They just did several days ground from Texas to the bay area.

If I can touch bases with Charley and he's going to be around this weekend, and if I can get these out early enough tomorrow, he might have the pass by Saturday. Otherwise, should I hold it until Monday? I've got upper 60s all weekend, but I don't know how weather is where he is.

The BTL for GOF trade is a bit light, I think. If I remember correctly BTL MSRP is ~15, the GOF's are ~20.

At a quick glance, I've got a GOF Carlito 2006 Piramide and a La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 that look as if they would be in a better range. I assume the GOF would probably be preferred. Then again, the LA would take up some space (may not even fit in one of the bags...!), but it could be a nice change of pace. I'm happy to part with either if they look appropriate.

FeliciaDayAvatar.jpg

I have Ed's sticks boxed and ready to be dropped off tomorrow afternoon (I count 16, not 15). A quick glance at a map shows Charley is a good 6 hours south of me. If he had been close enough, I'd call and see if we could meet up and save the sticks some time in a truck. They just did several days ground from Texas to the bay area.

If I can touch bases with Charley and he's going to be around this weekend, and if I can get these out early enough tomorrow, he might have the pass by Saturday. Otherwise, should I hold it until Monday? I've got upper 60s all weekend, but I don't know how weather is where he is.

At a quick glance, I've got a GOF Carlito 2006 Piramide and a La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 that look as if they would be in a better range. I assume the GOF would probably be preferred. Then again, the LA would take up some space (may not even fit in one of the bags...!), but it could be a nice change of pace. I'm happy to part with either if they look appropriate.

It's your choice. Thanks again for your assistance in all of these shenanigans!

Rod in lieu of a resolution we get call me. Then he never addresses the fact that he disregarded the rules of engagement. His puts and takes didn't jibe and there is a missing cigar. Jay tried several times to resolve this through calling and texting and he got nothing. Is this what we want here? I think it is time to move this member off Cigar Pass!

Rod in lieu of a resolution we get call me. Then he never addresses the fact that he disregarded the rules of engagement. His puts and takes didn't jibe and there is a missing cigar. Jay tried several times to resolve this through calling and texting and he got nothing. Is this what we want here? I think it is time to move this member off Cigar Pass!
Sent 03 August 2011 - 04:43 AM

Please address the board on your puts. The Rules on CP are quite pacific and your explanation is required on this matter.

Best Regards

Jay Newsom
Sent Yesterday, 08:27 PM

Phone number is 972-780-8239. Call me if we have an issue.

Pugman
Sent Today, 01:56 AM

I have phoned twice and text once.

Its never easy facing a MOB of angry MEN but some times we must.

I have asked WOLF to mail your cigars back to you.

Its up to you to make right.

NO P/T posted you did not follow any of the basic pass rules NOT ONE.

And the trade was WAY OFF.

Truly I do not care if you keep the cigars at this point, your lack of disrespect, to the 21 members of the pass and myself is simply and issue for you and you alone to deal with.

I am just going to wash my hands of you.

"CALL ME IF THERE IS AN ISSUE"
PM sent from myself and PUGMAN

He sent me a "call me" PM, too. It's a load of shit. As long as he's been on the board, there's absolutely no excuse. Once he sends the cigars back, there's only one possible resolution.

I came this morning hoping to see a resolution, but nope. Pugman screws the pass, then makes a status post for people to reach out to him? Is this the way the world works now? I make a mistake, but demand people reach out to me, to fix it? I too, was hoping this was a joke, but at this point I'm thinking it's not. I'd expect this out of a newer member, but not someone who has been on here for 2 years and has seen passes come and go.

Way to fuck up the pass, Pugman. Ignorance is one thing, but disrespect is another.