• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jerry's home from the hospital.

Sorry for your hard times brother. Jonathan...sorry to hear about your dog as well.

Andy, my deepest sympathies to you and your family. We are definitely praying for you.

In the words of my favorite group EWF, "Keep your head to the sky..."

Sorry Andy. I know stuff like this can be tough. Time will heal.

My thoughts are with you and your family Andy. You are a great BOTL and will move on from this. Hang in there bro.

Sorry to hear about your losses good brother. Just know that rain but a night and tomorrow the sun will shine again. Bigger and brighter!

Sorry for your loss Andy. Your outlook on the situation is positive which is good. It's often hard to have a good outlook while grieving. I lost my mother to cancer 1 yr and a half ago. Even though I knew she was in a better place I still found myself being selfish and wanting her here back on this earth so I could still see her and talk to her. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Just as I thought things were mellowing out, I got a cll from my wife. She was pretty upset.

Her ex husband, the father of our boys, had not been feeling well. Over the past eight years Jerry and we got pretty close. He's a great father and a great guy. Jerry became a father again at 51 and we all thought he was exhausted. He didn't look good when I saw him on Saturday. I told him to go to the doctors for a couple of weeks, but he said that he had an appointment on the 15th. I told his wife she should take him to the ER.

Anyway, She took him to the Emergency Room yesterday and they found a mass in his brain. They have been checking him out all night. Now, Jerry is a cameraman for CNN and pretty sharp, but he has been confusing everything including his son's names.

Apparently it is a large mass, affecting his memory. Anytime you have brain surgery, it's dangerous, but this one is located in a very dangerous spot. They have been trying to relieve the pressure in his head all night.

I know I have asked a lot from you all, my brothers and sisters, but now we need your prayers and thoughts for Jerry, his wife and the boys. I pray that he pulls through this. I totally believe in the power of prayer, and have to stay positive. I will keep you all posted.

Andy my thoughts and prayers will go out to Jerry today. I am really sorry to hear about this, I truly hope everything goes well for him.

same here i hope everything goes well and he comes out with all his memories and facilities. prayers sent

Here is an update. They did a MRI this morning and the prognosis was not good. It seems that they found a mass in his liver and another one in his colon. Tina, my wife, is a nurse and from what they are telling us is that the brain is usually not were the cancer originates, but is the last spot it appears. We will know more hopefully later today.

How do you tell a ten year old that idolizes his father, and a fourteen year old that has been saying "I wish he would die" that there father is dying. Jason, fourteen, did not mean it. But you know he will take it personally.

Tina just left for the hospital to lend support. I have to tell you that this is weighing heavily on me. I'm glad that I have CP as a tool to help me get through this. Thank you guys for the support.

Sorry to hear about the added troubles. My thoughts and prayers are with him in his time of need.

I'll be thinking of him in these hard times Andy. I just read this now, so I will be praying.

Andy, I am sorry to hear about all of the things going on in your life. Hang in there. Thoughts and prayers sent to you and your family.