• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jerry's home from the hospital.

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
I normally don't post anything but upbeat posts, but this has been a tough week. This is not for sympathy, I am just trying to turn it positive.

On Friday the 29th, my wife and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversay and things were going great. Being a gentleman, I won't give you the details of the evening, just to say it was great. Then on Saturday, 5-30, I got the call that a friend of mine for 21 years died. He had cancer and so it was a blessing that it was over. I was fine with it until the funeral on Thursday. I lost it when I saw his wife Laura, and his two girls. I will miss my brother from another mother.

And now, we have to take care of some unpleasant business later today. We have had our two cats for ten years. Now I am a dog person, but cats are cool too. Our website is 2catzandadog.com. Anyway, we have this cat, Sprinkles, that is the coolest cat. He loves everybody and will lay in your lap on his back to get his belly rubbed. during the last couple of months, he has developed severe diabetes and cancer. He got to the point where all he does is lay by the water dish, drink and urinate. And I mean a lot. It is so bad that it gets moldy in less than two days and the mold is not healthy for humans. Yesterday, we made the decision to put him down.

I love this cat, and the hardest part was tell our two boys that we are putting Sprinkles down. Jason, the 14 year old had a good attitude. He said it is the right thing to do. Drew, 10 years old, was the tough one and is having a hard time. Sprinkles doesn't Meow any more. He just sounds like he is saying ow. And it is constant. So later today, we are taking him in.

Now I said that I would try to turn this positive. Sometimes it is hard doing what is right. But the only real freedom a human being will ever know, is doing what you ought to do because you want to do it.

My friend Bruce will look after our cat Sprinkles above and will comfort each other as our families comfort one another here.

I hope that you all understand and did not find this post out of line, but I believe that we are a family here at CP, share our lives with one another, and let us get to know each other more than just What cigar is to die for.

Thanks for being here guys. Much Love.

Sprinkles

Just as I thought things were mellowing out,
I got a call from my wife. She was pretty upset.

Her ex husband, the father of our boys, had not been feeling well. Over the past eight years Jerry and we got pretty close. He's a great father and a great guy. Jerry became a father again at 51 and we all thought he was exhausted. He didn't look good when I saw him on Saturday. I told him to go to the doctors for a couple of weeks, but he said that he had an appointment on the 15th. I told his wife she should take him to the ER.

Anyway, She took him to the Emergency Room yesterday and they found a mass in his brain. They have been checking him out all night. Now, Jerry is a cameraman for CNN and pretty sharp, but he has been confusing everything including his son's names.

Apparently it is a large mass, affecting his memory. Anytime you have brain surgery, it's dangerous, but this one is located in a very dangerous spot. They have been trying to relieve the pressure in his head all night.

I know I have asked a lot from you all, my brothers and sisters, but now we need your prayers and thoughts for Jerry, his wife and the boys. I pray that he pulls through this. I totally believe in the power of prayer, and have to stay positive.

I will keep you all posted.

Andy, sorry to hear such sad news especially right after such a joyous occasion with your wife.

You have such a good outlook in the end about your friend Bruce looking after Sprinkles, he looks like he was a cool cat.

Sam

Sorry to hear this, bro. Lost my sis to cancer back in February and it still hurts. I don't have cats, but I know the pain of losing a loved pet -- they are members of the family too. I wish you the best and hope your pain is as small a nut as it can be.

Sorry to hear of your losses. Best wishes to you and yours.

I wish your family and your friend's family all the best.

Hang in there.

I'm sorry for your losses. Thought and prayers your way...

Andy,

This is a tough one you are going through brother. I'll say a prayer for you and your family to have strength through this process.

They are both in a better place, comfortable,peaceful and happy....and they are watching over you.

Andy, Sorry about your lost brother. Prayers are being send from Anna and I. Take care, hope to smoke with you soon.

David

Sorry to hear about this. I had to make the same decision with my dog and best friend Sammie last week and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Sorry about your friend as well.

Andy, sorry to hear about the losses. They are never easy, but the part of life that we have to deal with. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Andy,

We're here for you brother. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and your beloved pet. May you and your family find the strength to move on, and to remember both Bruce and Sprinkles for the joy they brought into your life.

RIP Bruce.
RIP Sprinkles.

Best wishes Andy,

Aaron

Truly sorry to hear the sad news, Andy. Thoughts are with you and your family. Remember, they're off to a better place... Hang in there.

I'm so sorry for your loss Andy. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Thanks guys. We just got back. It was hard to say goodbye. Tina took it worse than any of us. Your thoughts, prayers and friendship has meant a lot. Thank you all.

Sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Very sorry to hear of the losses Andy. My thoughts are with you and yours.

I am so sorry for your loses. I lost my dog angel on wed morning. I feel like someone cut out my heart. Keep your head up.