• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jerry's home from the hospital.

You don't know me but my thoughts are with you, hoping for the best.

Your prayers have been helping. Jerry had his brain surgery and came home form the hospital yesterday. Nasty wound on his head, but feeling better. We are still waiting for the biopsy to come back. In the mean time, we are having Jerry and his wife Inez over for a Father's Day BBQ tomorrow. Weird, I am cooking my wife's ex husband, Father's Day dinner. Who would have thought that would ever happen? But we are good friends and this illness has brought us closer. So thanks for the prayers from all of us. You all are the best.

The biopsy came back the other day. He Jerry has the most aggressive form of brain cancer there is, and it's just a matter of time. It could be a couple of months or a couple of years. We are just hoping for the best. He is home though and we are doing what we can. We are not telling the boys how bad it is until we need to. I just wanted to keep you all posted.

Andy -
Whether you want to call it fate, or timing this post really kinda freaked me out. I haven't been on CP a lot in the last 2 months as I've been extreemly busy and wrapped up in my own chit, so I decided to seee who's smokin what. I replied to a PM & hit the first recent post and here I am. It's a bit strange reading about the status of Jerry because my Father lost his battle with a glioblastoma multiforme astrocytoma grade 4 a dozen years ago. I have to be honest, and I hope it will help your sons, but it was excruciating & devistating to watch my Father succomb to the tumor. Ten months that are seared in my memory: the good, the horrific, the funny, the painful, and the touching, all part of the process of dying. You will see a once vital, strong, intelligent, and caring man reduced to a helpless stranger with a semi-familiar face; you can't hide that - don't try. Be honest with everyone, including the boys, because time is short and if they don't understand it, they will fear it and focus on the insideiousness of the tumor. Once they understand it they can confront their anger & confusion, and learn to enjoy what little time they have left with Jerry. I don't know your boys, but for me, the anger is and was the most frightening & dibilitating result. My guess is Jerry has come to terms with his situation and everyone must stick together to make sure this does not harm or cripple your boys. I don't write this to scare you, rather to offer you some insight into what this particular type of tumor does and how to come out on top, or at least have the best chance. I wish you and your extended family all my best and offer strength during this terrible time, but I also wish that you'll all take the time to enjoy each day and ignore the rules while you do it. :)