• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor Acquisitions 2023, 2024

Lastly, for you Rum lovers, I highly recommend Dos Maderas 5+5 Triple Aged Rum. I paid $39 for the bottle which in Connecticut is the same price point as Diplomatico Reserva, one of my favorite rums. I think the Dos Maderos is going to replace it as my "go-to" sipping rum.
Not denigrating either of those (drink what you like), but they are more like liqueurs. They have an insane amount of sugar added to them (35-40 grams of sugar per liter - a teaspoon of sugar is around 4.2 grams).

Rum is weird. Depending on its origin, there can be no rules or strict rules, but as with any distillate when it comes off the still there is no sugar in it.

Picked up a bottle of this with my regular order of WR Double Oaked. It's for Old Fashioneds---I've been using MM 101 & Cask Strength, as well as Wild Turkey Rare Breed, because I've found that 100+ proof is pretty much mandatory for them. At least for me.

Can't wait to see what 120 proof is like in one. 😁

26812436480030.jpg

~Boar

Picked up a bottle of this with my regular order of WR Double Oaked. It's for Old Fashioneds---I've been using MM 101 & Cask Strength, as well as Wild Turkey Rare Breed, because I've found that 100+ proof is pretty much mandatory for them. At least for me.

Can't wait to see what 120 proof is like in one. 😁

View attachment 75374

~Boar
I would love to have your recipe.

I would love to have your recipe.

2 oz. 100+ proof bourbon
1 tablespoon demerara syrup (I use Jack Rudy's)
3 dashes Angostura bitters
2 dashes orange bitters
1 Bourbon Bada Bing cherry
1 strip orange peel

Muddle the syrup & bitters, add the cherry, orange peel & one large (2") cocktail ice cube made with spring water.

Pour jigger of bourbon over top. Most recipes call for stirring with ice but I like mine straight. That's one behind a San Cristobal there:

383817693_10230593120001543_3763781032438974706_n.jpg

~Boar

Hanging out with a couple buddies at our cigar lounge and I mentioned that I've never bought a Weller. He hands me this bottle and says, "now you have one." I guess I still haven't bought one. Next week I'll tell him I've never bought a Pappy 15. LOL! 1000003479.jpg

Not a recent purchase, but something I picked up in London some years ago. Couldn’t afford it then, wouldn’t spend that much now. Bought something special for my some-day wedding celebration. Since I recently eloped, I broke it out to share with family at thanksgiving.
IMG_0750.jpeg