• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor Acquisitions 2023, 2024

Monkey Shoulder - My sister brought a bottle to Thanksgiving and I was pleasantly surprised. Very drinkable. I don't usually keep blends on hand but I might bring it into the rotation with JW Black for those guests who don't like my Islay tastes.

M&H Elements Sherry Cask - Whiskey from Tel Aviv, Israel. On the recommendation of my liquor store owner, I took a flyer on the M&H Classic, their entry level whiskey ($55). Made in the Scotch Tradition, finished in ex-bourbon casks and ex-red wine "STR" casks. Really enjoyed it! I saw that M&H's Elements Sherry Cask won an award for the best single malt whiskey in the world at the The World Whiskies Awards in Britain so I thought I would give it a shot at $64. (I know everyone has a whiskey award, but when I saw the competition I figured I'd give it a go. I've tried it three times and I'm just don't like it. It's boozy for a whiskey that's 46% and the Sherry Cask finish doesn't smooth out the whisky like a Sherry finish often does. tried opening it up with a dollop of water, but it just didn't help. Very disappointing on this one, but I highly recommend the Classic.

The holidays are here. 🎅

Got an email from my local Total Wine about a rare releases, hard to finds sale for Grand Reserve members (i.e., drunks! 🤣) going down first come, first served at 10:00 AM today. Figured getting there just a LITTLE early would be fine but the line was already around the corner when I arrived .... people had been there since SUNRISE.

I figured the Blanton's would be long gone by the time my turn came but apparently everyone else was there for the various Wellers being offered. I don't really know much about that distillery so I was thrilled AF to score my little round bottle!

GBfAgplWAAAS0kc.jpeg

~Boar

Is it? People in line around me seemed quite excited about the Full Proof and Single Barrel Wellers but like I said, I don't really have any experience with it.

~Boar
A lot of the allocated bourbons that people go nuts for come from the Buffalo Trace Distillery. Pappy, EH Taylor, Elmer T. Lee, Blanton’s, Eagle Rare, Stagg, Sazerac…all from Buffalo Trace.

A lot of the allocated bourbons that people go nuts for come from the Buffalo Trace Distillery. Pappy, EH Taylor, Elmer T. Lee, Blanton’s, Eagle Rare, Stagg, Sazerac…all from Buffalo Trace.

Oh, I'm well aware of the annual BTAC. I used to be able to get three bottle cases of George T. Stagg EVERY year, back before things got so crazy. I just hadn't connected "W.L. Weller" with the "William Larue Weller" that's part of it for some reason. The only Weller I know for sure I've tried is their Wheated Bourbon and I wasn't a fan.

Did NOT know Pappy and Blanton's were also Buffalo Trace offerings though!

~Boar

Anybody have experience?

Best rum I've had

View attachment 76600
It's a good rum. Has a little bit of added sugar.

Have you ever tried anything from Foursquare Distillery? You might like them. The rums that Foursquare sell under their own label are great, but pricey. Other labels that are from Foursquare are more reasonably priced such as Doorly's, Old Brigand Black Label, R.L. Seale's, and Real McCoy. Think Doorly's and Old Brigand might be Total Wine exclusives (Old Brigand is a bargain).

Let’s keep this one going into 2024
@Scap does it let you change the title to add 2024?

My haul today. @CigarStone eas this heaven hill BiB the one you were looking for ??
View attachment 78741
Yes, that is the one that we were referring to. But the one that I used to drink with the old friend was Heaven Hill basic Bourbon and it was something like $8 per gallon. Nathan was kind enough to hook me up with a bottle.