• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

List the worst cigar(s) you’ve ever had

Will there ever be ONE cigar we can all agree on? ??? :0

I hope not. Then they'll stop making all the others.

I don't get that "frozen saliva" thing, either. I've smoked a lot of cigars in sub zero weather and never had anything freeze on me. Maybe I just have warm saliva? ??? ???

I got suckered in to trying the Copper Label CI Legends cigar....

Putrid does not begin to explain the taste that cigar left me with....

1) 5 Vegas Gold. I can't explain it; I've had 2 awful, 2 ok but not great, and 1 exceptionally good. The problem is, I keep on remembering how good the good one was, and when I get a not so good one, it's worse.
2) Maxim de Paris Omnibus. Too, too mild.
3) Macanudo Hyde Park. Usually okay, sometimes rancid.

I don't get that "frozen saliva" thing, either. I've smoked a lot of cigars in sub zero weather and never had anything freeze on me. Maybe I just have warm saliva? ??? ???

I'm not sure what caused it, but it was definitely difficult to draw through the more I hauled on it. I did not do a thorough analysis on it, I just chucked it. So there might be some heavy assumption in there.

But after the weather broke, I smoked another Serie R and it was just dandy.

The worst cigar I have ever had, were the Diablos. They came out about the time I started posting on the board. I remember me and my buddy lighting up a couple that the Tinderbox box had given out as a promo. We could taste pepper and smell pepper. My eyes watered... I remembered someone saying they have re done them, and they weren't as bad now... but I doubt I'll ever try them again.
icon8.gif

Diablos

Someone who must really hate me gave me a box of these several years ago. They are hideously bad. I still have some in the basement somewhere...

1998 Saint Luis Rey Lonsdale.

It sucks that I can't get enough!!!

ROFL

Now I KNOW I'm a newb... some of your most hated, are on my most liked list (Gurkha and ITC super fuerte maduro). I've gotta spend more I guess. See you cbid tonight.... :laugh:

Just 'cause some schmuck (like me :) ) doesn't like Gurkhas, don't take my word for it. Try them yourself and decide. Several of my regular herf buddies whose tastes I am generally in agreement with enjoy some of the Gurkha line just fine.

A few others really like Davidoff's and I don't think too much of them either - just goes to show that taste is subjective.
And I like the ITC SF Maduro just fine. It's not one of my all time favorites, but I smoke them when fishing, doing yard stuff, or wielding the chainsaw. I find them to be pretty consistent and not at all disagreeable.

My worst cigars have mostly been by Perdomo. They all taste like toilet cleaner to me. The Tabamex is my all time worst, though, it was horrendous!

We have very similar taste my friend.
I like the IT Super Fuertes they would be my fav yard gar. As far as the Perdomos go ..They taste like chunder to me.
And every R Patel I have smoked has been a disappointment except for the Connecticut.

Tesoro, some offbrand my dad picked up online. Taste was very light and had no flavor at all basically. What made it terrible was the smell it put off. If you are smoking it, you wont smell it, but everyone around you or within a square mile of you will.

I smoked one with my friend one time, he was smoking cigs though. He kept making these terrible faces every time I took a puff. To see what it was about, I had my dad smoke one while I didn't. My God did they smell every so much like a skunk, it was the most terrible thing I've ever smelled.

Drew Estate Natural. I swear it was two Backwoods taped together.

Now, now. That there is an insult to Backwoods. Sometimes when you're messing around in the yard and are too filthy to go back in the house for a cigar, you can go into the garage or your car trunk, pull out a foil pack of Backwoods and you're good to go. I swear, those things last for years in the glove box of your car.

Wilkey

Now, now. That there is an insult to Backwoods. Sometimes when you're messing around in the yard and are too filthy to go back in the house for a cigar, you can go into the garage or your car trunk, pull out a foil pack of Backwoods and you're good to go. I swear, those things last for years in the glove box of your car.

Wilkey

I agree that comment was insulting to Backwoods. I would rather have a Backwoods than that Drew Estate stuff any day. I am sure I have a foil pack or two around somewhere!

Good point, I apologize for my unintended smear on the good Backwoods name. They are truly the Twinkies of the cigar world. :D

In no particular order...

1) Anything Los Blancos
2) Cusano 18 year connie
3) Ashton Benchmades
4) Any Pepin blend for Holts
5) CI Yellow Legends Blend(maybe Pepins' blandest yet!!!)

CAO America
Montecristo Platinum
Rocky Patel OWR - like drawing through a paper towel tube and no good flavor
Diamond Crown - the regular connecticut wrapper version

The DC tasted like it was wrapped in cigarette paper and the burn was horrible. This after the Rep told a group of people it was the best connecticut wrapper available in the world...HAH.

Oh and before I forget, the "NUB" Connecticut is pretty vile as well.

Wilkey

Amen. Backwoods have been for years, and remain to this day, my go-to fishing cigar.

As far as the worst one I have ever smoked? Pretty much a tie between Onyx and a Macanudo.

Worst one ever seen? See here

Lone Wolf FTW!

When I first got into cigars I started out with the cheap sticks and some of the first I bought online were the worst.. Lone Wolf and some Thompson house blends left a bad taste in my mouth for quite a few weeks. I was lucky enough to find a good B&M who could help get me back on track with quality smokes..