• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

List the worst cigar(s) you’ve ever had

My local b&M recommended that I try a Rocky Patel Summer Collection. That will be the last time I listen to him. I lit it up and within the first 3 pulls there was a putrid taste but figured maybe it needed time to get going. 10 pulls later I was stomping this POS out and heading down to my Humi for a Siglo II.

To this day, the worst cigar I've had remains the Onyx. Absolutely horrible in every regard.

My local b&M recommended that I try a Rocky Patel Summer Collection. That will be the last time I listen to him. I lit it up and within the first 3 pulls there was a putrid taste but figured maybe it needed time to get going. 10 pulls later I was stomping this POS out and heading down to my Humi for a Siglo II.

There was something wrong with your RP Summer Collection, or you are one of the weird people that don't like RP's. I just had one of those Saturday night. It had the characteristic RP flavor "profile" that you get with his other, higher regarded smokes. However, it's a bit on the lighter side. My favorite RP is the Vintage 1992, and while the Summer Collection has the same type of magic taste (for me) as the Vintage, it's way less robust. I didn't think it was bad, it just wasn't memorable enough for me to want to buy again. But by your description, you clearly had a bad stick.

There was something wrong with your RP Summer Collection, or you are one of the weird people that don't like RP's. I just had one of those Saturday night. It had the characteristic RP flavor "profile" that you get with his other, higher regarded smokes. However, it's a bit on the lighter side. My favorite RP is the Vintage 1992, and while the Summer Collection has the same type of magic taste (for me) as the Vintage, it's way less robust. I didn't think it was bad, it just wasn't memorable enough for me to want to buy again. But by your description, you clearly had a bad stick.

I don't think it was a bad stick I just thought the flavor was awful. It had a fruity acidic twang to it (best description I could come up with) that was to me at least unpleasant. I recently smoked a Decade Torpedo that was just awesome so I was excited to try the summer collection but it was just not for me.

"Fighting Cock" lmao HORRIBLE!!!
The whiskey???

No, no... the Cock!

chicken3~.jpg

edit: one would think that with a four word post I could have spelled them correctly, but noooooo :blush:

One of the perdomo signature collections from CI... I bought a 20 pack when I first started smoking a few months ago. I tried two of them and gave the rest to a friend, I think he smoked one and ended up throwing them away.

Horrible taste...

Low end Rocky
Gurk's
Anything none Cuban Romeo or H. Upman.
Fuente Chateau
...I will have to think some more.

Coworker went to DR on vacation..he bought a three pack of cigars on the beach and brought them back for me... nasty things....never told him..after all its the thought that counts...cheers

Worst ones I've ever had were the Cohiba gift set with the Xikar cutter. I'm positive that the reason they were in gift sets is because they were factory seconds. I tried at least 4 of the sets, every single cigar was plugged and nearly impossible to smoke. Why'd I try so many? They were free. I bought the sets online for $40 and sold the cutters on eBay for $40 each.

well this is my first post and what a great place to throw it.

The worst so far for me was a 5 Vegas. was on my honeymoon too so it really pissed me off.

A dear friend who really doesn't have a working knowledge of cigars had been making a habit of bringing us very nice habanos from his frequent trips out of country. Last February he offered us cigars that he'd recently acquired. They turned out to be some kind of coffee-infused disaster. It was like smoking a scented candle, and absolutely the worst cigar I've ever had. He seemed to enjoy it, thus proving out his derth of cigar knowledge. He has since, however, made it up many-fold with great smokes.

Gispert . . . flavorless, except for the putridity. :rolleyes:

Camacho El-Legendario . . . and I generally love Camachos. This one, I don't get. Bitter as burnt coffee grounds.

(NC) Hoyo de Monterrey . . . ALL of them. Excalibur, Black Knight, etc. Not so much a flavor issue as a construction one; they taste pretty good, actually. Then they explode! I swear, I keep thinking THIS one will hold together, but no-o-o-o-o-o-o . . . three puffs in it splits right down the middle like all the rest of 'em have.

~Boar

Santa Clara 1830 'Te-Amo's ugly partner in crime'
5 Vegas A....I had to re-check twice to make sure it was the same brand that people were rating. I knew charcoal ignited but I never had it smoke that much