• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Contribution to the site....BBQ

Whew these sounds very tasty!! I make something very similiar with Jalepeno(sp) peppers. They are a nice spring treat. I wonder how they would go with cigars? Any recommendations Erick?

Brandon

Whew these sounds very tasty!! I make something very similiar with Jalepeno(sp) peppers. They are a nice spring treat. I wonder how they would go with cigars? Any recommendations Erick?

Brandon

well, I'm really not the guy to ask about food pairing and cigars. Typically I keep the two pretty separate. But, since this is normally a nice summertime treat when everyone is outside and in a good mood I'd probably end up breaking out one of favorites for sure. Maybe one that is going to take a while as well...sit back, relax, and enjoy the day.

with that thought....

How about a nice Diamond Crown Maxximus #1......

I'M ALL IN!!!

Let me know what kind of smokes you like...and we'll definatly work something out.

I'll PM ya!

Thanks,
Gary

:thumbs:

Brandon

well, I'm really not the guy to ask about food pairing and cigars. Typically I keep the two pretty separate. But, since this is normally a nice summertime treat when everyone is outside and in a good mood I'd probably end up breaking out one of favorites for sure. Maybe one that is going to take a while as well...sit back, relax, and enjoy the day.

with that thought....

How about a nice Diamond Crown Maxximus #1......

Hillbilly you read my mind with the DCMAX. Niiice choice!! :thumbs:

Brandon

Just when you thought this thread had gone away.....

Here is a nice little recipe for a good spicy appetizer.

we make these a lot in the summer time and they are fantastic!

Grilled Pepperoncini's with cheese and Bacon.
all you need is a nice big jar of some good pepperoncini's, a can of easy cheese, some uncooked bacon, and barbecue sauce.

pepperoncini.jpg

Take the pepperoncini's out of the container and let them sit on some paper towels to let them dry out a bit. if any seem to have excess juices inside try and squeeze it out.

once they are ready, take your can of easy cheese and carefully poke a little hole in the end of the pepper. Then squirt some easy cheese inside. Don't blow it up like a balloon, but give it a decent amount. Try and keep the hole as small as posible. Do this to all of the peppers.

Now take your bacon and start wrapping the pepperoncini's. Usually one slice of bacon cut in half is enough for one pepper. Wrap them all in the bacon. it helps to poke a tooth pick thru each one to keep the bacon wrapped up nice.

Once you have all the peppers ready to go, dip each one in your favorite BBQ sauce.

Now they are ready for the grill. Basically just heat your grill to about medium heat, on the lower side is better. If you're using a gas grill, just keep an eye on them so that they don't burn. basically just cook them until the bacon starts getting crisp. towards the end, I like to brush them again with some more sauce. then they are good too go.

also, don't be alarmed when they are cooking if you see some cheese leaking out. This is quite normal, and pretty much unavoidable.

Carefull eating them right away, hot cheese = ruined day when you scorch the back of your throat.

Enjoy my BOTL's....this is a recipe I don't share that often.

Anyone ever try this one out????

No, but I'm going to try the pepperoncini's on Tuesday. I haven't mentioned it yet but I will now: I really appreciate you sharing (in BBQ laymens), your BBQ rib recipe as outlined in previous thread(s).

I tried it out last weekend for my in-laws and they said they were the best ribs they've ever had!

Just a note: I don't have a smoker so I rigged my standard gas grill with apple juice and apple wood chips (soaked and on the lit burner in foil). I turned on one burner as low as it would go, stuck a candy therm in one side and waited... got it to hold at 250-275 for about 30 mins. Put the ribs on the opposite side of the juice and lit burner and cooked em for about 3 1/2 - 4 hours. I even covered the side rotisserie holes with heavy duty foil to trap the smoke as best I could.

Glazed em up with SBR's about 15 mins prior to serving.

Awesome.

Tried the pepper recipie last night before I take them to the festivities on the 4th. They were awsome!! Definately a keeper recipie. Prep time is easy also, so you gotta love that.

Thanks again Erick!

I made up some of the pepperoncini's as well for the big day tomorrow... They looked so damn good and I didn't want to wait so I threw two in the microwave ( :blush: ) and DAMN... They where tasty microwaved!!! :thumbs:

Thanks!!! :thumbs:

David

Dude, those pepperocinis are KILLER!

I don't dip them in sauce, just grill em up naked in the bacon. Man, they are really good.

Also... I was about to PM you... I grabbed a rub recipe from somewhere you posted, either here or on your site. I don't remember much about it other than it had a ton of paprika in it (I don't usually cook with paprika, so that stood out to me).

I've used that rub recipe on ribs and on a pork shoulder I did last weekend. It is outstanding, and I'd love to make more of it! If I could only find the recipe...

:)

its on my site

1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar- Its important to spread the sugar out on a cookie sheet 12 hours prior to using to let it dry out. Other wise it will clump up and ruin your rub.
1/4 Cup Paprika
1 Tablespoon Fresh Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
3/4 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
3/4 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Powder
Combine all ingredients together and mix well! NO CLUMPS!!

I love that rub! I did some ribs last weekend that turned out pretty fantastic!

Here's a few pics to share:

Rubbed down and into the smoker they go!
Cooking001.jpg

After 6 hours in the smoker, 2 hours in foil, then sauced and 30 more minutes in the smoker, here's how they turned out:

Done001.jpg

Dinner is served!
Done003.jpg

Can't say enough about that rub recipe!

It's late at night, and you guys have made me hungry for BBQ, just looking at the pictures. If it wasn't so late, I'd go out and fire up the grill right now...........

Oh, how I wish I was home. Those pics are mouth wateringly unbelieveable. The DFAC just doesn't cut it anymore.

Thanks for sharing.

The Rocket

Rocket, make it home safe mang! A buddy of ours who is in the 82nd just landed at home last night!

as for the rub, you think that one is good, you should try the one I use. I don't share that recipe though...muahhahahaha

Hey HillBilly, my bday is coming up and im thinking of getting a smoker.. but i dont want to spend that much dough... what do you suggest? how much does the weber run for?

Back