• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass

Yeah, that's a good idea. Only let the noobs in the noob pass, who have never done a pass before and certainly haven't read a single old pass to see how it's done, comment in the pass itself.
You think there are just noobs in this Pass? You should check the members. And unless there is a feature that I’m not aware of, how can you possibly know what I have or haven’t read? I’ll readily admit that I haven’t read all 1200+ pages of these threads, but I read deep into the How Long Pass, the Pirate Pass, and the Insurance Pass before I joined this Pass.

I hope Rod lets you comment…

Regardless of how this turns out, I'll be sending @aalvord sticks (or $ if I don't have anything he wants), as a thank you for doing this. What a great intention turmed pain in the ass. Sigh. Hang in there fellas, we will get through this.

This next comment isn't meant to be blame casting to @BurnBerry at all. Shit happens and this is a bad situation. Sorry you are in this spot, amd hope USPS does the right thing sooner than later.

Procedurally, I check all labels after the shipper inputs and prints them, and compare it to what it should be/ I wrote. I make them print the label and put it on the package in front of me. I catch one or 2 a year that are wrong and correct it before it becomes an issue. If we learn anything from this pass it's that attention to the details matter.

If I hadn't verified the printed label vs the handwritten label, I would eat it and replace the pass as the sender, then go after insurance on my own. But that's just my opinion, and I'm not telling anyone how or what to do.

Habe a great Sunday folks. Let's go Dolphins!!

Last edited:
I check all labels after the shipper inputs and prints them.

Let's go Dolphins!!

A while back, I took this step 👆 out of the hands of the post office. I created an account on the USPS website and use “Click-N-Ship” to input, create, print, and affix my own adhesive labels. That way I know it’s right. Our PO’s lobby is open 24/7, so I swing in during off-hours and drop my packages down the chute.

(sorry about your Fins!😕)

A while back, I took this step 👆 out of the hands of the post office. I created an account on the USPS website and use “Click-N-Ship” to input, create, print, and affix my own adhesive labels. That way I know it’s right. Our PO’s lobby is open 24/7, so I swing in during off-hours and drop my packages down the chute.

(sorry about your Fins!😕)
That's great info. I guess you just need a good scale and a tape measure?

Phins up! Can't win them all. Real excited for a showdoen in KC.

Just a thought, which means nothing…

Maybe in the future it might be worth looking at limiting the comments on an active Pass to those that are involved in the Pass, at least until it’s completed. Might prevent some bickering…
You summoned me like Candyman by mentioning the pirate pass elsewhere, so I will weigh in unsolicited. Passes posted to the forums have always effectively been community events (even Tod will say so), both from the perspective of entertainment and refereeing. Tom and Michael are both highly knowledgeable and experienced passers and have the benefit of experience the majority of the players in this pass couldn't possibly have. People who want passes to be run without hecklers or 3rd party involvement run them privately, same with trading. Let the light of the sun shine on all, it is the CP way. Take what I say with a grain of salt but my qualification is, as far as I know after a decade of dormancy, I have still run more passes than anyone on the boards.

UPDATE: Been trying for days to log into my account and it keeps giving me an error. There is now a banner on usps website saying applications aren't working.

UPDATE: Denied. No reason for it to be. I guess I'm waiting on another letter.......

I would advise anyone doing a future pass or just in general, ship all packages to be held for pickup at a post office. Also, I'd recommend insuring it with a third party because usps is denying everything from what it looks like.

So, now can we move forward with creating a new package for those who haven’t had a chance?
I’m game for that. I have multiples of quite a few cigars from the original pass, if there was anything specific someone wanted. I think establishing new shipping rules is a must, and we can sort through who wants to put cigars in the pass moving forward , and what not.

Unless someone else wants to take it on, I’m fine with creating the new list, map, and contact info. I’ve saved the formats in a file so that it is easily accessible. I’d say if anyone else wants to jump in line after the remaking guys get there turn, I’d be alright with that as well. Let me know what you guys think and we can get the ball rolling.

Unless someone else wants to take it on, I’m fine with creating the new list, map, and contact info. I’ve saved the formats in a file so that it is easily accessible. I’d say if anyone else wants to jump in line after the remaking guys get there turn, I’d be alright with that as well. Let me know what you guys think and we can get the ball rolling.
Sounds good to me.

Wife went to PO to talk to postmaster again and as usual he was "out of the office".

I'm not trying to railroad this or drive from the back, but am sharing my opinion.

1.) @Aalvord2 should be made whole before this moves forward on round two. The reality is that had the address been properly checked, it would have arrived at the destination. If I were the shipper I would make aalvord2 whole by his choice of cash or cigars. Hopefully this opinion isn't offensive, at the end of the day the shipper has to take the time to verify the address since none of us can do that.

2.) A question to the experienced CP passers; which shipping company do you have the best luck with for paying claims?